How is Brunell washed up? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How is Brunell washed up?

FinaticPatch

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I want some one to please tell me how someone is washed up when they throw 66% completion rate 2 TD's 0 INT's and have a QB rating of 90. Maybe everyone thinks that he sucks cause Leftwich is the starting. When in actaullity everyone in Jax knows they are a few years away and Brunell isnt the QB of the FUTURE. What he is is a very very solid current QB.

Washed up is too harsh... but he is still not the kinda QB we need w/a lousy OL, neither is Warner for that matter IMO

He is mobile.........He is perfect for our offensive line........and BTW, you are assuming that we will do nothing about our O-Line.....we will.

He is getting up there in age, and we will have to get rid of him after a few years. He is going to be behind a weak oline, b/c even if we get new players they are going to stink at first.

I would rather get a young qb and build the offense around him.

Originally posted by Section126
He is mobile.........He is perfect for our offensive line........and BTW, you are assuming that we will do nothing about our O-Line.....we will.

Thank, you. I dont understand why we are talking about getting a QB who can survive behind our pi$$ poor O line. Well perhaps we should do something about that. Lets IMPROVE THE LINE and get the best QB we can afford, scrambler or not.

Re: Re: How is Brunell washed up?

Originally posted by dolphan39
Washed up is too harsh... but he is still not the kinda QB we need w/a lousy OL, neither is Warner for that matter IMO

Huh??He was sorrounded by the worst offesnsive line the last three years he started and put up some good numbers.The guy is not a satue in the pocket plus the offensive will be overhaul(Hopefully result will be an improve oline).Mark Brunell will be great choice at QB.He still has at least 3 years of high level of play.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
He is getting up there in age, and we will have to get rid of him after a few years. He is going to be behind a weak oline, b/c even if we get new players they are going to stink at first.

I would rather get a young qb and build the offense around him.

Are you serious? You would rather REBUILD? Even if it takes a few years?? By then, our defensive stars will be retiring!
We are one strong QB away from pulling this thing together (well, and a shored up OL). Brunnell could be our Rich Gannon...he's got 3-4 strong years left easily. He could take us to the dance.
We draft someone to step into his shoes in a few years, and this way we can win in the meantime.

I completely agree, I am not willing right now to go through a rebuilding phase when we are so close. All we need is a solid QB and maybe a couple of changes in the OL, and I think we can make it to the big dance. So I say pick up Brunell and sign some experienced OL and I think we will make it to the SB by next year.

:billsbite :billsbite

Originally posted by A.J. Fin

Are you serious? You would rather REBUILD? Even if it takes a few years?? By then, our defensive stars will be retiring!
We are one strong QB away from pulling this thing together (well, and a shored up OL). Brunnell could be our Rich Gannon...he's got 3-4 strong years left easily. He could take us to the dance.
We draft someone to step into his shoes in a few years, and this way we can win in the meantime.

I can see what your saying, but who is to say he won't be a bust like Griese. I remember these high expectations and pleading to bring Griese in and look what happened.

For all we know he could come in and be great, or he can suck. We don't need to shore up the oline, we need someone new and better in almost every oline position. It's going to take a little while either way you go. You think things are going to dramatically turn around next year? Not a chance.

It's going to cost more money then we have to get mark and some experience oline. Some of you are talking as though money is not an issue.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins

I can see what your saying, but who is to say he won't be a bust like Griese. I remember these high expectations and pleading to bring Griese in and look what happened.

For all we know he could come in and be great, or he can suck. We don't need to shore up the oline, we need someone new and better in almost every oline position. It's going to take a little while either way you go. You think things are going to dramatically turn around next year? Not a chance.

DOn't compared Griese to Brunell.Brunell on of the top 5 highest rated QB of all time.

And what company is he around? Guys who have 16 seasons around their belts? That's like comparing Griese's start against the Chargers to Montana's entire career saying look at how high griese was rated.

Brunell isn't just going to come in here and change things.

Back
Top Bottom