How is Brunell washed up? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How is Brunell washed up?

I always considered Mark Brunell to be a decent QB but then I looked at his numbers as was surprised at how good he is. Just last season, with a mediocre team around him, Brunell had 17 td's with only 7 int's. I'm convinced that he is the PERFECT guy for the Dolphins. As mentioned before, he could be Miami's version of Brad Johnson/ Rich Gannon. All the Fins have to do is draft a young QB to groom for a couple seasons...just like Chad Pennington was.

Good point, I am not saying that Brunell will come in here and stink up the joint. I'm just saying for everyone not to put all their chips into this guy as our savior. It might not work out...... but it could. Just don't expect results right away.

I like M. Brunell, but not enough to consider him as a replacement for J. Fiedler. He's not much better, if any better IMO....

The OL must get rebuilt first. After that, it's anyone's guess who our next QB will be. I would like to make a run at QB K. Warner if we can get the OL we need to protect him first....

New OL / K. Warner / I. Bruce

That's my dream list...:D

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

I"m not sold on Warner either, I think I'd rather have Mark B. over him, after the last performance I have saw of warner. But I am on the fence on him as well. Becuase who is to say he won't return to form.

Didn't he say he wanted to play here?

Oh, and to those who say Brunell has lost his mobility, just ask the Giants from last season. November 3rd, 2002...Brunell ran 5 times for 63 yards!

I realize that he didn't do that every game, but it shows that he still can.

You also have to take into consideration the fact that he hasn't had a reliable running game the last few years, yes they had Fred Taylor but they couldn't count on him up until last year.

Also the one majore side to Brunell is that he will have had a whole year to heal up from any nagging injuries he may of had. He may be the best option until a new QB can be groomed.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
I'm just saying for everyone not to put all their chips into this guy as our savior. It might not work out...... but it could. Just don't expect results right away.

er, well, lets try to be a little positive here. :goof:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
I like M. Brunell, but not enough to consider him as a replacement for J. Fiedler. He's not much better, if any better IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Dude, have you ever actually watched a Dolphins game or a Jag's game? Fiedler can't hold Brunnell's jockstrap.
Check out career numbers...you will be SHOCKED at how much better he is.
Not only is Brunnell in the top 5 all time passing stats (Fiedler would literally not be in the top 500), but he has Pro Bowl status, and I'm trying to remember how many of those Jay went too...... oh yeah, ZERO!
:band: :band: :band:

Originally posted by A.J. Fin

Dude, have you ever actually watched a Dolphins game or a Jag's game? Fiedler can't hold Brunnell's jockstrap.
Check out career numbers...you will be SHOCKED at how much better he is.
Not only is Brunnell in the top 5 all time passing stats (Fiedler would literally not be in the top 500), but he has Pro Bowl status, and I'm trying to remember how many of those Jay went too...... oh yeah, ZERO!
:band: :band: :band:

Not for nothin but if we are going to compare career numbers I bet BG's beat both Jay and Brunell's.

Fiedler 70 TD's (run & pass) 56 INT's

Brunell 159 TD's (run & pass) 86 INT's

WOW..that is no comparison!

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
Fiedler 70 TD's (run & pass) 56 INT's

Brunell 159 TD's (run & pass) 86 INT's

WOW..that is no comparison!

Can you pull BG's numbers from the same source?

Originally posted by dreadlockera

Not for nothin but if we are going to compare career numbers I bet BG's beat both Jay and Brunell's.

Hi Dread...peace in Rochester.
BG's career stats don't come close to Brunnells. They are better than Fiedler's...but the whole BG vs JF debate is useless...they should both be back-ups.
:thewave:

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
Griese 93 TD's (run & pass) 76 INT's

not quite :)

OK my mistake. I thought they were much better. My thoughts may have been tainted by the one year he had something like 18TDs and 5 INts (probowl year).:hitself:

Back
Top Bottom