how long will seau last? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how long will seau last?

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Seau's track record over the past few years does not bode well for staying healthy 2 or 3 more seasons.

If my memory serves me correctly, THIS is what Bills and Jets fans said about Ricky last year.

:sosad:

every play could be any player's last in the NFL. They're all one play away from their season being over. I'm glad we've got him on our side and will cherish every play that he makes!!

Ozzy rules!!

Hate to agree with the Bills guys, but a couple years is probably about it. I get the gut feeling, based upon all the reports concerning Jr.'s conditioning and enthusiasm, that he feels like he's on a mission this year to prove to himself that he can turn in another pro-bowl year. I sort of halfway anticipate he's going to realize that goal. But facts are facts and Jr. is old. Yeah, yeah; Romo, Butkis, I know. But the realistically, the guy has been playing like a maniac for a long time, knocking the ever loving hell out of his body and, something I have personal experience with, your body just changes as you get older. But all that aside, let's enjoy the effort we do get from him this year. As has been said several times in this thread; he's going to be better than Rodgers, regardless.

Originally posted by Emskirch

If my memory serves me correctly, THIS is what Bills and Jets fans said about Ricky last year.

:sosad:

there is a slight difference.. considering ricky is in his 20s.. and seau is closer to social security :D

Originally posted by Tatonka

there is a slight difference.. considering ricky is in his 20s.. and seau is closer to social security :D

Right, something new every year.:lol:

Seau's track record over the past few years does not bode well for staying healthy 2 or 3 more seasons.

Just like Bledsoe eh ;p

3 games and he played with that ankle half of last year and that's a track record? Man are you even trying anymore?

I think he's got 2 years left in him. We won't keep him longer then that. Just enough time to groom some LB's.

Last edited by a moderator:
JMO, I think he has only three good years left in him. He will start breaking down after three years,

Originally posted by finsfan4life
I agree with 3 years. I look at Seau's situation as being similar to Rod Woodson. When Woodson left Pittsburgh he was coming back from an injury. Everyone basically wrote him off. He signs with the Raiders and a few years later he's one of the top 5 safeties in the league. Seau has 3 Pro Bowl years left in him.

Different story. Woodson had lost a step and needed to move to FS. He still wanted to play corner and wouldn't accept that a move to FS wasn't such a bad idea. He's always been a fabulous player. Plus he won a superbowl with the Ravens before he went to the Raiders.

Seau doesn't have the option of being moved to an easier position that doesn't demand the same level of speed. I give him 18 months. This year should be solid barring injuries (and as such he is a good pick-up) but I just feel that next year, age and the NFL will catch up on him.

ya, i agree wit da 3 years thing. They're sayin his ankles 100% this yr, and that guy takes better care of himself than anyone in the NFL short of Romo. He aint done :-)

GO FINS!

Depend on how they use him, and baring an injury i'll say 2 solid years and maybe 1 were you spot use him

Back
Top Bottom