How many games do we lose before Griese gets another shot? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many games do we lose before Griese gets another shot?

Originally posted by Jimmy James

How many interceptions does Tom Brady have? You mean the answer isn't zero?

Isn't it amazing how interceptions just happen sometimes? They happen a lot when the defensive player does the smart thing and hides from the QB.

Jay threw that INT, but it's not an INT that should really upset anybody. There is a risk attached to throwing a pass, and that risk came due on that play.

The second INT is a very different story, but even that doesn't mean he gets all the blame for the loss...

All valid points JJ.

Every QB will throw interceptions (and I believe Brady has tossed 12) but the crucial part of picks is "when and where".

In Fielder's siuation (late in the game and deep in his own end) he has to be 100% sure before he throws that it is a safe pass.
Granted, Bruschi made a great play but any QB knows that when throwing the quick slant you better know where the LB's are.

"I didn't see him" just doesn't cut it.

Re: Also

Originally posted by KTownsDolphins

I'm new to this board, but you can blame fiedler for throwing the game losing int against Houston too.

Lots of factors. Both griese and fiedler better be gone next year.

Time to rebuild the offence. Release mcknight and thompson while your at it.

Just a thought.

<--- My 2 cents :)

That is the best post I've read except for Mcnight I like him.:tongue:

Originally posted by PatsFanTX

All valid points JJ.

Every QB will throw interceptions (and I believe Brady has tossed 12) but the crucial part of picks is "when and where".

In Fielder's siuation (late in the game and deep in his own end) he has to be 100% sure before he throws that it is a safe pass.
Granted, Bruschi made a great play but any QB knows that when throwing the quick slant you better know where the LB's are.

"I didn't see him" just doesn't cut it.

Every int he has ever thrown was at the wrong time how many times do you guys remember him throwing int's in the red zone last year/

The same people that say not to blame losses on Jay, are the same ones that say he should start because of HIS (not the team's) record starting.

Originally posted by RICKHURD
The same people that say not to blame losses on Jay, are the same ones that say he should start because of HIS (not the team's) record starting.

The people who blame every loss on Jay are the same ones who say that he gets no credit for wins because the team has a good defense.

I don't believe that any loss can ever be blamed on a single player. Look at the first New England game as an example. We can't heap all of the blame on Mare even if he did blow two kicks.

At the same time, there are some players who will get more of the blame for losses and more of the credit for wins. QB is at the top of that list.

My position is that you have to give Jay credit for his win percentage because it's far better than the percentage is for the people who started in his stead. There is obviously some sort of X factor that he brings to the game and/or the team.

I also believe that he deserves a portion of the blame for losses. I do think that people are heaping far too much of that blame on him for this most recent loss because they're looking at three turnovers and 12-0 without looking closer at the game.

INT #1 is not a turnover I would blame a QB for making. The game was closing in, and things were getting frustrating. Jay tried to make something happen and didn't see the LB because he was hidden from view. The fumble also wasn't a turnover I would blame on Jay. I didn't blame Brian for his fumble to end the Colt game, and I think it's a pretty clear that these were similar situations with missed blocks. INT #2 was absolutely a bad decision, and Jay should be blamed for it.

Nothing pisses me off more than people who won't give Jay any credit for a win and who want to give him all the blame for a loss. That's not fair to any player -- even Jamar Fletcher...

Back
Top Bottom