How many games do we lose before Griese gets another shot? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many games do we lose before Griese gets another shot?

Originally posted by juniorseau55

One game? He lost the most important game of the season.

How can Jay be responsible for losses? We all know you don't credit him for any win he brings home...

Originally posted by Sherif

This is absolutely why Jay shouldn't be our QB. This was the year he had t stay healthy. He didn't and he cost us the season again but Greise losing two games out of four. Jay has not stayed healthy all season ever. He misses an average of 5-6 games per year.

Wrong. Jay stayed healthy in the 2001 season all year. He started every game for us that year and carried our offense. Again the Jay haters just decide to make stuff up and hope that noone challenges it. Wrong, look up stats before you start blurting them out.

the thing is it doesnt matter how many snaps greise took from shotgun (and to me it looked like quite a few) but seriously our offensive line cant hold a decent pocket even when he does. jay is not a pocket passer, makes good throws on the run and with the way our offensive line collapses every time our qb's take a snap our qb needs to be able to make plays on the run. im not all for changing qb's again at the end of the season when the fact is that if we put a pocket passer into a game where pockets cant be maintained, he will not produce. fiedler is a decent qb and the best we have for our situation at the moment.

Originally posted by juniorseau55

One game? He lost the most important game of the season.

It was only the most important game of the season becasue our kicker can't kick when it counts and another certain QB could only muster a 2-2 record as a starter. It would have been a meaningless game had that certain QB stayed in against Washington. Get my drift.

Originally posted by Prime Time

Wrong. Jay stayed healthy in the 2001 season all year. He started every game for us that year and carried our offense. Again the Jay haters just decide to make stuff up and hope that noone challenges it. Wrong, look up stats before you start blurting them out.

I've looked at the stat's and interpreted the stat's unlike those who just see stat's as fact. If you look only at the stat's without interpretation you give Jay credit for a start against the Jets in 2000 but was injured on the first play. In 2001 he played injured and hurt the team including a late season critical loss against Tampa. The fact is recently last year and this year Jay's injury has been the result of 6 losses.

DAVIE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins quarterback Jay Fiedler returned to practice Sunday after missing the team's first preseason game with back spasms.

Coach Dave Wannstedt expects Fiedler to play the first quarter against Jacksonville this week.

Fiedler said he made it through practice without pain. He has a history of back problems, including injuries before the 2000 and 2002 seasons. The current injury is considered unrelated.

San Diego. (10/23/2003) QB Jay Fiedler's knee injury is not an excuse
to bench him, coach Dave Wannstedt said. "That's totally false

Dolphins Fiedler Aggravates Knee Injury. Fiedler, wearing a brace since his
return Sunday, wanted to continue playing after he aggravated the injury

For Fiedler, entering his fourth season as the Dolphins starter, this is only his latest ailment. In 2000 and 2002, Fiedler had to have hip surgery that forced him to missed part of training camp. He also had a shoulder injury in 2000 and broke his right thumb last season.

Originally posted by 54OrangeCrush99
what i didnt get, was why norv put Fiedler in the shotgun, but never did with Griese?

Maybe because it didn't matter with Brian...
Maybe Norv lost confidence in Brian.....
Maybe Brian in the shotgun is a guaranteed 7 yard loss (sack)....

Considering that a lot of you claimed that Brian is the prototypical QB for Norv's offense our OC had to cut down dramatically on the playbook....

Also

Originally posted by F150&Dolfan

It was only the most important game of the season becasue our kicker can't kick when it counts and another certain QB could only muster a 2-2 record as a starter. It would have been a meaningless game had that certain QB stayed in against Washington. Get my drift.

I'm new to this board, but you can blame fiedler for throwing the game losing int against Houston too.

Lots of factors. Both griese and fiedler better be gone next year.

Time to rebuild the offence. Release mcknight and thompson while your at it.

Just a thought.

<--- My 2 cents :)

brian griese is a joke, and has already proven that he is incapable of moving this offense...denver replaced him with jake plummer. geez, when will this crap die? he is NOT his father...

we need a new starting qb, but we need guys to block for him alot more. that said, i'm still on the tim couch bandwagon :)

depends on how many more you want to lose after jay gets replaced.:lol: :lol: puuuuhleeeease.

Originally posted by Jimmy James

Yeah, that loss was ALL Jay's fault :rolleyes:

He must have been the one who decided not to go for it on 4th down at midfield... :rolleyes:

And was that Norv who threw the ball into Bruschi's hands?

Originally posted by PatsFanTX

And was that Norv who threw the ball into Bruschi's hands?

How many interceptions does Tom Brady have? You mean the answer isn't zero?

Isn't it amazing how interceptions just happen sometimes? They happen a lot when the defensive player does the smart thing and hides from the QB.

Jay threw that INT, but it's not an INT that should really upset anybody. There is a risk attached to throwing a pass, and that risk came due on that play.

The second INT is a very different story, but even that doesn't mean he gets all the blame for the loss...

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
There is no reason to give Griese another shot. He is a horrible fit for this team and he would get murdered behind this offensive line. If Jay got sacked a lot in the last game, imagine what would have happened to Griese.

Jay can play very well. There is no reason to bench him.

4 Games is enough to judge a player??? I disagree. However it seems wanny (who loves jay) has decided that BG cannot QB this team. To answer the post, it does not matter BG will not get another shot. See the quote below taken from the USA today. Isn't he refrerring to the same "issue" that led BG to the bench?

'There were a few more yards to be made," Wannstedt said. "The most disappointing thing was the pressure on Jay, the sacks which resulted in turnovers and the pressure which resulted in not real accurate throws. The combination of the pressure on the passer was probably the most glaring reason why we struggled on offense to make some plays.'

Back
Top Bottom