How Mike Wallace changes everything | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Mike Wallace changes everything

Hartline had over a 1000 yards, with a rookie QB, no legitimate threat on opposite side, in a year where he was battling injuries and serious illness throughout the offseason. With another year in WCO and the same QB & mike Wallace, I expect simular numbers but 6-10 TDS

Too ****in funny: one of FH's most consistent purveyers of team negativity, complaining about counter-negativity that conflicts with their tidy world order. :lol2:
I'm sorry if speaking the truth hurts your wittle feelings, not everything is rainbows, butterflies and flowers like some of you paint the Dolphins to be, and I've spoken more neutral than negative, and I don't see anything against the rules about speaking the truth which for the most part I have. Please come at me with posts that I've been wrong about, I'd love to see them.

The ones I'm usually arguing against are the ones who wanted Jim Bates as head coach. :lol: They wanted Cam Cameran to remain as head coach or even become one. :lol: They were begging Ross on their hands and knees to give Sparano another chance. :lol: And they also wanted Wannstedt to get another chance. :lol:

I can list more and more, there is an obvious over attachment to mediocrity from the homers on this site.

I'm on record stating that I may strongly disagree with some of the negative comments but do not dismiss them out of hand like the hard-wired Contrary Marys do the positives, that's providing the poster has demonstrated that he's objective and gives credit when and where do - excepting those who obviously must do it begrudgingly because the positive development is so glaringly obvious that they'd look like imbeciles if not. I respect the opinons of those folks who can show some objectivity, but routinely dismiss, and rightfully so I believe, the hard-wired whining HennyPennians who're conditioned like Dr Pavlov's drooling dogs, to jump on, discount, deride and discredit anything and everything positive not fitting within the deep positional trench they've dug their credibility into They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I'm sorry if speaking the truth hurts your wittle feelings, not everything is rainbows, butterflies and flowers like some of you paint the Dolphins to be, and I've spoken more neutral than negative, and I don't see anything against the rules about speaking the truth which for the most part I have. Please come at me with posts that I've been wrong about, I'd love to see them.

The ones I'm usually arguing against are the ones who wanted Jim Bates as head coach. :lol: They wanted Cam Cameran to remain as head coach or even become one. :lol: They were begging Ross on their hands and knees to give Sparano another chance. :lol: And they also wanted Wannstedt to get another chance. :lol:

I can list more and more, there is an obvious over attachment to mediocrity from the homers on this site.

hartline is getting the blame for ALL of RYAN TANNEHILLS mistakes.

if you tivo'd the games, go back and look and see how many times BH was wide ope for big plays or scores and tanny blew it.

i saw 8 that were certain td's and 11 more that would have been HUGE gains with some real possibilities of more scores.

now, you neer can say if he would have dropped any of those, but, lets say the throw was on target every time. what would you think about hartline then?

people do not want to admit that tanny has a ways to go. he is NOT a franchise qb yet and has some work to do, expecially on his longer throws.

its just hillarious these people who think hartline isnt a worthy starter. had he been with brady or manning or rodgers last year, or even year before, he would have been a PRO BOWL wr. and if tannyhill can improve on his long ball and hit wallace for some big gains and or scores, you will see hartline cleaning up big time on single coverages he will be getting.

Tannehill was very bad deep. I did my own statistical analysis of his passing this year on the games I had (didn't have a couple). I considered a long pass one in which it was a "homerun", not one that went for 20 yards or more (like some sites count.) In this case, here are Tannehills numbers:

Left: 1 for 10 with 9 bad passes
Middle: 0 for 3 and all were bad passes
Right: 9 of 16 with 7 bad passes

Tannehill appears to favor the right side deep. He threw very few homerun balls this year, and most of them were bad.

you know something else...wallace wins in the red zone at the los more than you would expect a guy to for his size...he kills people with his initial quickness and burst off the los and his foot speed...i think we can make some hay in the red on some quick stuff all about timing it right..and man i don't want to see sherman use this cat wrong...motion him down to the inside to get off coverage and free releases into his routes...and tannehill has to understand that if this guys even remotely close to even he's leaving so trust him to make a play and throw it up there vertical over the top down the field...i promise you it's damn hard to overthrow this cat in full gallop...damn hard...this is the DEFINITION of blow by guy...

i really think he's gonna fit this o like a glove...don't screw it up mike sherman...protect the qb to give him time and let wallace get down the damn field...and then let er rip...you can bracket that guy a lot but he'll still run by safeties...

there's gonna be voids behind the lbs and in front of the safeties also...the things this guy will do for our o

Hartline had over a 1000 yards, with a rookie QB, no legitimate threat on opposite side, in a year where he was battling injuries and serious illness throughout the offseason. With another year in WCO and the same QB & mike Wallace, I expect simular numbers but 6-10 TDS

Hartline had those numbers BECAUSE HE WAS THE ONLY RECEIVER TO THROW TO!!! DUH!!! It won't happen again. With Wallace here, Hartline won't get all the targets and his numbers will drop back to the "average schmo" numbers he deserves...

I read the article and it was a lot of praise and optimism about Wallace and the positive impact he is going to have on the offense. Then I read the responses in this thread and it is three pages of complaining about the team. I would say I am surprised, but I am not really.

Well said. I think about the possibilities of how good this offense could be and it boggles my mind that people are complaining about the holes we had last year. Last time I checked, when the Ravens won the Super Bowl, last year ended and our beloved Dolphins have a much different look and feel THIS year and I'm not even talking about the damn logo

this is the one dude in the league that can be losing by 3 yards to a bailing db when big ben would rare back to fire deep and by the time the ball lands be out in front by 2 damn yards and then just run away from everyone...

this cat's sick...get that timing down tannehill

Tannehill was very bad deep. I did my own statistical analysis of his passing this year on the games I had (didn't have a couple). I considered a long pass one in which it was a "homerun", not one that went for 20 yards or more (like some sites count.) In this case, here are Tannehills numbers:

Tannehill appears to favor the right side deep. He threw very few homerun balls this year, and most of them were bad.
With all due respect, last year is over and the offense has been revamped. The Dolphins last year threw deep because they wanted opposing defenses to think we could move the ball more than 5 yards at a time. This year, we will throw the ball deep because we will be scoring from deep with a lot more regularity, meaning the real challenge for defenses will be stopping Keller, Gibson and Hartline intermediate routes and Bess underneath all the while keeping an eye or two on Wallace. Good luck with that

imagine how a guy like Tyler Eifert could work the seam with Wallace taking the Safeties for a ride!!

He had Hartline and Bess running deep.

That's awesome numbers IMO.

If anything your post just reiterates my opinion. If Mike is going to be considered the #1 then Hartline is not that ideal #2! Who the hell is going to do something with the ball AFTER the catch? Wallace really isn't that kinda guy and we all know Hartline couldn't break a tackle to save his life. Someone with the size, strength, speed, elusiveness of say a Patterson is the perfect piece to move into that position.

Which looks better?

1) Wallace, Hartline
2) Wallace, Patterson

No brainer to me...

People tend to forget Brandon MArshall was doubled, and sometimes triple teamed, and bess and hartline couldn't do anything about it. They still couldn't score worth a lick. And people also tend to forget that Wallace had antonio Brown and Sanders at WR in Pittsburgh. Both much quicker than the 3 stooges who compromise 75% of miami's WR corps.. I'm sorry, but that's not good enough. Not in this day and age.

I've been saying for years now on this board, how the NFL will eventually be the CFL, as it's becoming more and more like the CFL every day - that's the direction it's going. That's what the league office wants if anyone has been paying attention to what they've been saying for the last 5 years - tons of high scoring. And now you're hearing from so many pundits how the NFL is becoming a "space" league, where it's all about spacing. Well, no kidding.

Bringing in tavon Austin at #12 is a no brainer. Relying on slow pokes like hartline, bess and gibson to bring you a super bowl is silly. The Dolphins need athleticism and speed at the WR positions - especially now since they lost Bush. Wallace is nice but you still have 75% of your WR corps slow, so it hurts Wallace (again in Pitt Wallace had Antonio Brown and Sanders who can really move). And Tavon Austin isn't just a slot WR, you can line him up anywhere on the field . X, Y, Z , in the backfield, you name it. He is an offensive coordinators dream and a major weapon who makes EVERYONE around him better (NONE of hartline, bess or gibson make surrounding players better - hence they are NOT difference makers). Crappy slow guys like fasano and bess will become extinct in the NFL the way the league is going. . When you already have a Mike Wallace, having Austin too is a dream come true scenario - Especially if you can teach Miller how to come out of the backfield better to catch passes, and go in motion to line up in the slot as well - to really place pressure and fear on opposing defenses when you have an Austin in tow

As far as Keller, he doesn't have reliable hands and goes MIA with awful games with awful routes, and he's also what I call a "hat tipper". When he's in defenses are tipped off that it's going to be a pass play (this was a big complaint in NY). He can't block for anything. He's not just bad, he's pretty much totally useless at it. And who knows if he'll even stay healthy.

the dolphins haven't beaten a team with a good QB in 3 years. Against good QB's miami's defense falls flat on its face time and time again- schaub loss, andrew luck, loss giving up the most yards in nfl history against a rookie QB, Brady, both losses..etc. So you better bring in more weapons on offense and hope for the best. And Tavon Austin is that guy. The dolphins won't have the cupcake schedule they had last year, when it was the easiest schedule since 2008. This year's schedule will be pretty difficult and there's still a bunch of holes on this team and not close to enough playmakers on both sides of the ball. I see an 8-8 type year with this schedule (and before anyone chimes in with "we still have a draft", well that just proves my point even more because relying on a bunch of rookies to take you to the top, it never happens.... teams that are not good HAVE to rely on a rookie class, and thats just way too much pressure on players who've never played in the league all at once --- it always fails)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's why i'm still nervous! We can all sort of agree Marshall in someways at times required "help" to defend! Essentially, we're saying that in some ways and others Wallace will also require some help. The other receiving complements were exactly the same in Hartline and Bess and now different at QB and TE, RB.....

Is the difference at QB,TE and HB big enough to prevent this season offensively from looking like the 2010 season? IMO, it's borderline and I say to ensure it's clearly different and better get another difference playmaker on offense. IMO, we erred badly when we got rid of Ted Ginn just when we acquired Marshall! Not that Ginn was that great, but because his speed....Well that history now

The big difference is, Marshall dropped a lot of passes including many TDs, if Wallace also drops as many passes as Marshall did, then yes, it might starts to looking very similar to 2010. Have a feeling that may not happen this time around.

With all due respect, last year is over and the offense has been revamped. The Dolphins last year threw deep because they wanted opposing defenses to think we could move the ball more than 5 yards at a time. This year, we will throw the ball deep because we will be scoring from deep with a lot more regularity, meaning the real challenge for defenses will be stopping Keller, Gibson and Hartline intermediate routes and Bess underneath all the while keeping an eye or two on Wallace. Good luck with that

I don't care "why" we threw deep, I'm just telling you the stats "when we did" throw deep. Go look at South Beaches' breakdown for Wallace in the other thread and you will see that Wallace's numbers are not that much greater than Hartline when it comes to deep passes. I don't think you are going to get the impact deep you think you will. You will get more TD's than Hartline...but don't expect us all of a sudden to start putting up 30 points a game...

imagine how a guy like Tyler Eifert could work the seam with Wallace taking the Safeties for a ride!!

Based on the stats I have on Tannehill, the seam is exactly where he is best. He is actually better at mid-range passes in the middle than he is at short passes in the middle...go figure. Getting him a true seam threat would be huge. Keller isn't it IMO...

Back
Top Bottom