How Much Faith Do You Have in Tannehill? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Much Faith Do You Have in Tannehill?

How Much Confidence in Tannehill?

• Total voters

Just don't see great enough instincts at all. I see a serviceable player at best.
I went 4 but I agree on the reason. Instincts and anticipation. Can't argue with his effort and physical abilities. If the pole asked about my faith in Tannehill and Lazor, I would say 5 or even 6 because of the unknown (with Lazor) and I think he will improve his numbers this year with a better OC using him to his strengths.

But the NFL is about taking away a player's strengths too. At times he will be a 10 and other times in the same game he will be a 1 and that's always been the problem. If I had to predict, I would say another 7 years or so and I think he could be a very very good QB, once he has seen it all so many times that it becomes instinct to react to defenses. But unfortunately it will probably be another team that reaps those rewards if he stays healthy.

Wow I'm surprised in the 4s. Alot of you still don't believe in him. I would say 8 there's always room to grow. I'm not certain he will be elite but he's pretty good and that's an 8

7- he doesn't need to be the next Aaron Rodgers, but at the very least be on a level like a Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan.

Could not decide between 6 and 7. I went with 6. In my opinion all of the votes from 1-3 and 9-10 are just silly. He has not done anything that should shatter hopes or anything that would inspire extreme confidence

Thinking long-term/career, I posted 10. He will be selected to a pro-bowl IMHO. Not going to go into why, my reasons are concrete enough for me, haters can't dissuade.

Tannehill will be average at worst, so anything below 5 should be eliminated. Gonna go with 7.5 and round up to 8 because I think he has some good coaches now.

I give him an 8. When he is able to rack up 4th quarter come backs, a top 10 QBR consistently, and the deep ball he will earn my 10.

I give him an 8. When he is able to rack up 4th quarter come backs, a top 10 QBR consistently, and the deep ball he will earn my 10.

Only 1 4th QTR comeback and 1 game-winning-drive in 2012.

However, in 2013, 4 4th QTR comebacks and 3 game-winning-drives. Same amount of 4th QTR comebacks as Luck/Wilson last year, 1 less than Brady. Marino averaged 2.1 4th QTR comebacks a year.

What's a good number?

My ranking will probably seem low to some, but in my mind the question was asking whether or not he would lead us to the playoffs this year. I think that he has shown he can throw 20-30 TD's a year and 4,000 yards, but I don't think he has the skill to have sufficient success behind this awful offensive line and with a coaching staff that is both incompetent to fix the line and to turn in game advantages into wins.

I'd say around 7. There are many things I like about him and he is the best QB I've seen in Miami with the exception of Pennington since Marino retired.

But there are doubts, including the inability to consistently connect on deep passes and sometimes questionable pocket presence.

At worst though, I think he will end up as a serviceable starter like Schaub and Carson Palmer.

Back
Top Bottom