How Much Faith Do You Have in Tannehill? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Much Faith Do You Have in Tannehill?

How Much Confidence in Tannehill?

• Total voters
Hmmmmm, some 4th quarter heroics last season, doubled his td passes from rookie year, almost 4000 yards passing and 60% comp percentage.... Kid had no help with oline or running game... Kid has instincts and talent... The whole ****in team laid down the last 2 games... Hartline dropped a potential 80 yard td in Buffalo which coulda changed the dynamic and again the oline and D let us down in both games...

ive got blind faith in the kid. id hitch my wagon to him for sure. head says 8, but the heart says 10 baby!

I gave him a 7. Ryan improved tremendously from his rookie year to last year in just about every aspect. He has everything u want in a Franchise QB. I now wanna see him step up and at least lead our Dolphins to the playoffs.

I went with 7. Nothing is a lock in the NFL and qbs with potential regress all of the time sadly. With that being said, the kid has all of the tools necessary to succeed and I am confident that once the issues with the O-Line get settled that he will be the franchise qb that this franchise has been starving for since # 13 hung up his cleats :)

I feel pretty confident with Tannehill. I'm not sure whether or not he will emerge as an elite quarterback, but when you factor in what he had to work with last year his season showed a lot of promise. Miami's offensive line was probably the worst in football and the running game was mostly non-existent. Yet, the Dolphins played well against playoff teams and nearly made the playoffs.

Obviously, there are areas where Tannehill has to improve. The two are his deep accuracy as he and Wallace left a lot of big plays on the field. I think he improved as the season went on with pocket awareness, but he still could improve more there.

One final thought. I felt like Sherman wanted Tannehill to be a pocket passer and, thus, he didn't get the opportunity to use one of his best talents that often. With Lazor I think we'll see more designed runs for Tannehill and more roll-outs, where I think Ryan resembles Aaron Rodgers.

i went 8. I have a feeling that we wont be displeased with him this year. im with the previous poster (too lazy to page back) that said 4000 yards and 20-30 tds. I think he'll be 4000 yards easy and 30 combined tds. feel that if he is allowed to use his legs this year he'll get an extra td's running. the read option scares me for your starting QB, but its a weapon. all the Carolina fans around me get excited about newton and my reply is he is putting himself at risk. look at culpepper. heck culpepper shredded his knee running against the panthers. ive had faith in the kid for awhile and im not gonna wavor. I still think that one day people are gonna talk about tannehill and luck like they do brady and manning. maybe im a super homer...probably, or maybe I see them with the same physical attributes (arm and athleticism) just tanne needs to get his game where lucks is. think out or comeback route is complete in his arsenal, that was known coming out of college, I think he is good with the hitch and go, also the TE seam seams to be a strength. just gotta work on his biggest weakness which is the straight fly route. even danny didn't hit this everytime. but just the thought of it being there helps out, and that's one of the reasons we signed Wallace...too make the other D honest. D's aren't sleeping on the fly just cause we don't connect as much as we could, it still opened it up for tanne to connect on the mid range crossing routes. other than us not having Megatron at WR I see no reason why tanne cant be a top 100 player on next years NFL countdown. if lazors offense is based on timing and shorter drops (I know its also said we're gonna be looked to pass deep more) but if based on quick releases, I see great potential in landry, Gibson, hartline. I also see that giving Wallace the chance to be open deep if only we can hit the pass. he hits that pass no doubt he is top 100 player in the league for next season

I voted 8, still does seems to have a slight issue w/ blocked passes, and deep pass with Wallace needs to get better, but he is proving to be a good leader, can move around well in the pocket, while he is exceptional passing on the move left or right, he is also very efficient in the pocket when given at the very least average time, can read defenses well, and if he has too, is able to take off.

I went with 10 because the kid has shown me alot by improving last year despite a horrid o-line! Since he did as well as he did despite getting sacked a lot. I felt he deserved some respect! Best QB we have had by far since Marino! Hopefully year 3 will make alot of you open your eyes! New o-line new coordinator! Better defensively!

And this poll said how much faith do you have in him! Well I have all the faith in the world that he can get the job done!

I clicked 4. I don't like his background and how it translates to likelihood a top pick panning out. IMO, our instincts were very poor. The tape doesn't matter in cases like that. I didn't want any part of Tannehill or Weeden that year, for reasons I detailed in the draft forum. Far preferable to blow money on someone like Matt Flynn and get it out of your system quickly once the mistake is glaring. You might actually learn something. Weeden would have been preferable. He'd be gone. Tannehill is the most dangerous type of error, one that lingers. The franchise is stuck within adjustment and denial for years.

Even if he produces above 4, the number 4 is proper given the wasted years in which we could pursue a legit option.

I clicked 4. I don't like his background and how it translates to likelihood a top pick panning out. IMO, our instincts were very poor. The tape doesn't matter in cases like that. I didn't want any part of Tannehill or Weeden that year, for reasons I detailed in the draft forum. Far preferable to blow money on someone like Matt Flynn and get it out of your system quickly once the mistake is glaring. You might actually learn something. Weeden would have been preferable. He'd be gone. Tannehill is the most dangerous type of error, one that lingers. The franchise is stuck within adjustment and denial for years.

Even if he produces above 4, the number 4 is proper given the wasted years in which we could pursue a legit option.

:lol: :lol: Wow, someone's starting to sound like the resident Jets fan around here.

24 TD, 17 INT, just shy of 4k yards in a year with awful protection. And improved numbers from the year prior with a joke of a WR corp. A lot of faith.

ZERO! Let me say that again ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......... Nothing like being given your job because your college coach was the OC!

Back
Top Bottom