How Much Is Too Much ?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Much Is Too Much ??

I'm all for it if Saban and Mularkey are sure they can fix his foot positioning problems. You make that kinda trade you better be damn sure you have the real deal. I'm pretty confident he'll be good in his third year but they're the ones who have to deal with the repercussions if they're wrong. Getting a franchise QB is worth whatever we give up. If you wanna play - you gotta pay

My feeling: If we are going to trade up, and give a bunch of picks, lets trade up to get Leinart or Young, who at this point are better prospects. If we have to trade up to #6 to get Cutler, lets just go to #2 or #3 and get a QB.

NLude33 said:
My feeling: If we are going to trade up, and give a bunch of picks, lets trade up to get Leinart or Young, who at this point are better prospects. If we have to trade up to #6 to get Cutler, lets just go to #2 or #3 and get a QB.

Do you realize how much difference there is in compensation between #6 and #2????

And at this point I think its pretty obvious who the best QB prospect is. Haven't heard much about Leinart and Young lately.

SpeedRush99 said:
Haven't heard much about Leinart and Young lately.

That's because Young is polishing his rose bowl trophy where he put up the best performance of any single college player in recent history and Leinart is polishing his heisman and past rose bowl trophies. If Cutler had that resume, you'd probably not be hearing much about him until combine either.

daniel3 said:
That's because Young is polishing his rose bowl trophy where he put up the best performance of any single college player in recent history and Leinart is polishing his heisman and past rose bowl trophies. If Cutler had that resume, you'd probably not be hearing much about him until combine either.

:lol: All of which means NOTHING in the NFL.

SpeedRush99 said:
Do you realize how much difference there is in compensation between #6 and #2????

And at this point I think its pretty obvious who the best QB prospect is. Haven't heard much about Leinart and Young lately.

Yes I do, but I think Leinart and Young are that much better than Cutler. Cutler may very well be very good in the NFL some day, after he learns to work his feet, move laterally in the pocket, develope some touch on the ball, and make good decisions. That is a lot of stuff to work on. Leinart would of course take his lumps, but he really has no flaws. And after his rookie redshirt, Leinart would be instant good-very good. Cutler will take some time.

SpeedRush99 said:
:lol: All of which means NOTHING in the NFL.

I don't know about that. Winning means a lot. Leinart and Young have both won championships, and played their best with the spotlight on them. I think that means a lot. How is Cutler going to react if he is starting as a rookie on Monday Night Football? For Leinart and Young, its just another day at the office.

daniel3 said:

...so the fact that you're starting to hear reports that cutler has moved past leinhart and young as the top qb prospect isn't important? do you think leinhart or young would be where they are if they'd have played for vanderbilt? especially leinhart - certainly helps your career when you have two other heisman candidates in the backfield. and young - is his style of qb'ing gonna work in the nfl? some say no. cutler's not perfect, but i think you're fooling yourself if you think leinhart and young are that far ahead of him.

NLude33 said:
I don't know about that. Winning means a lot. Leinart and Young have both won championships, and played their best with the spotlight on them. I think that means a lot. How is Cutler going to react if he is starting as a rookie on Monday Night Football? For Leinart and Young, its just another day at the office.

...if winning means a lot (and of course it does), then how do you think leinhart and young will react when they're on teams that will suck for awhile (which, being a top ten pick, will be pretty much guaranteed)? how is matt gonna react when he's not able to hang at the playboy mansion, and is getting his a** kicked on a 4 - 12 team? i think the fact that cutler picked himself up, went back into the huddle and made a brutal team somewhat respectable had to be more than a little character building. i can see young having some pretty solid nerves, but leinhart's got 'soft' written all over him...

Madison would only move you up a spot or two at most. Ricky will be tempting to the right team (i.e. Arizona). You'll probably have to throw in at least a 3rd or a 4th too.

NLude33 said:

You have a point but its pointless to bring up college trophies as back up for a player's credentials. How many Heisman winning Qbs are starting in the NFL right now? Cutler may have not been in the national championship game in college but he played in a tougher conference than both Young and Leinart and I seriously doubt he'd have stage fright.

Leinart seems to have little risk about him. It seems if you draft Leinart you're going to get a good to very good QB who can probably start in the latter half of his rookie season. Cutler and Young however have an upside that could make them great but also have the potential to be busts. Neither is ready to take the reigns his first season and probably both won't start playing well until their third season. A G.M. that takes Cutler or Young over Leinart will certainly prove he has guts since if one of them is a bust that GM will be out of a job

I think I'd rather keep Ricky and trade our next year's first if we have to. Although I absolutely despised Wannys giving away our firsts every year, this would make a lot of sense IMO. This years draft is one you want to have as many picks as possible, and if we can get our future QB and keep our picks we are in good shape. Next year it will be tough not having a first, but if we fill some holes in this years draft we'll be ok.

cowtowndick said:
...so the fact that you're starting to hear reports that cutler has moved past leinhart and young as the top qb prospect isn't important? do you think leinhart or young would be where they are if they'd have played for vanderbilt? especially leinhart - certainly helps your career when you have two other heisman candidates in the backfield. and young - is his style of qb'ing gonna work in the nfl? some say no. cutler's not perfect, but i think you're fooling yourself if you think leinhart and young are that far ahead of him.

I didn't say they were far ahead of him, I just was implying that its too much of a gamble to think that he will be better than them. Especially given that they have accomplished so much more. I mean he could end up being far better, but so could a number of the other QBs in the draft. You go with the more sure and proven prospect and right now thats those two.

Back
Top Bottom