How much longer are we going to keep Fletcher?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much longer are we going to keep Fletcher??

SDFinFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Plain and simple, this guy is not an NFL CB. The guy can't cover and just plain stinks. Get rid of him and let's get someone else in here who knows how to cover.

it seems like the only reason wanny keeps using this 5th rate CFL player is to justify his #1 draft pick. Cut your losses and move on please. The guy is lost.

Originally posted by SDFinFan
Plain and simple, this guy is not an NFL CB. The guy can't cover and just plain stinks. Get rid of him and let's get someone else in here who knows how to cover.

No one did anything, so don't just blame Fletcher. It was all of them. Madison, Marion, Knight, Freeman. Surtain was the only one who was able to break up a pass.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
don't cut him...please!!!!!

I know Drew Bledsoe would be licking his chops with the thought of throwing against Fletcher.:lol:

I only recall one bad play by fletcher, which was the facemask penalty. Granted he didn't play as much as the starters, but Surtain gave up the Td (though Knight took a bad angle on the RAC) and Madison allowed a big play to Johnson.

Our problem today was a lack of a pass rush. I did see alot of potential holding though ( i suppose that happens for both teams though).

Fletch is an NFL CB...in a Cover 2 scheme...not here in a Man-To-Man scheme. He cannot play the bump and run at all....he did not excel at that in college...he just gives the WR too much space.

the kid seems a little on the soft side to me

Odd thread. Other than the facemask, I don't remember any bad plays by Fletcher. I do remember Brent Jones commenting that "after watching Fletcher during this game I know he's a player".

I think Fletcher is lagging a bit, but he's far from the achilles of our team. I've seen Surtain get burnt far worse than Fletcher. I see a young potential in FLetcher, and would like to see him stay. He gives us added depth at the very least.

Originally posted by Phishstix
the kid seems a little on the soft side to me

Funny how people just don't watch games closely at all.
Regardless of what you think as a fan, the opposing team will tell you what the weak links on your favorite team are by the areas they attack over and over and over and over again. Fletcher is a major weak link. Every team we play goes after him. Sometimes 2 and 3 times in a row. One drive the Texans went right after him in succession 3 times. Ya think they go after a guy like that because they think he is good? Offensive coordinators dont gameplan at a defenses strength, they pick on the weak links.
That would be Fletch.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Regardless of what you think as a fan, the opposing team will tell you what the weak links on your favorite team are by the areas they attack over and over and over and over again. Fletcher is a major weak link. Every team we play goes after him. Sometimes 2 and 3 times in a row. One drive the Texans went right after him in succession 3 times. Ya think they go after a guy like that because they think he is good? Offensive coordinators dont gameplan at a defenses strength, they pick on the weak links.
That would be Fletch.

Well said. Madison actually didn't play too bad today. He should have had that one int though. I think he was thinking six before he actually had the ball. Madison went all out to try and catch what's his face on the long pass play for a touchdown, that is how he got hurt actually. Fletcher got picked on all day, and did nothign to hep prevent that. No batted balls and a big penalty late in the game. Face it, he only has a job because they are reluctant to admit they made a mistake in taking him in the first round. Eithet trade him or cut him, I don't care. I doubt we get more than a sixth or seventh for him though.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

That would be Fletch.

Trek...

Judge Fletcher any way you want, but this particular argument just doesn't hold water. If the other two options for a team to throw against are Surtain and Madison, it's no great surprise that they'll choose to go after Fletcher.

Does that IN ITSELF mean Fletcher sucks, or prove we have a better option? No. It just means he's not Surtain or Madison.

Maybe he should be replaced. But the fact that he is the one that gets picked on relative to Surtain and Madison does NOTHING to advance that argument.

Back
Top Bottom