How much longer are we going to keep Fletcher?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much longer are we going to keep Fletcher??

Originally posted by Samphin

Well said. Madison actually didn't play too bad today. He should have had that one int though. I think he was thinking six before he actually had the ball. Madison went all out to try and catch what's his face on the long pass play for a touchdown, that is how he got hurt actually. Fletcher got picked on all day, and did nothign to hep prevent that. No batted balls and a big penalty late in the game. Face it, he only has a job because they are reluctant to admit they made a mistake in taking him in the first round. Eithet trade him or cut him, I don't care. I doubt we get more than a sixth or seventh for him though.

ARE YOU JOKING!!! MADISON was the one being picked on all day. nearly EVERY big play the Texans had went to the guy Madison was covering... don't beleive go watch the tape. Madison was the liability in coverage. Fletcher's coverage wasn't that bad all (far better than Madison's.)

He had two subpar plays... a facemask penalty, and getting manhandled by Andre Johnson (a guy twice his size) and missing the tackle, but those same things happen to Madison.

It was the same thing towards the end of last season... in 3 WR sets QB's were looking AWAY from Fletcher and towards Madison... because he has been playing lazy ever since he got the title "best cover corner in the league."

Originally posted by Phan4Ever

Trek...

Judge Fletcher any way you want, but this particular argument just doesn't hold water. If the other two options for a team to throw against are Surtain and Madison, it's no great surprise that they'll choose to go after Fletcher.

Does that IN ITSELF mean Fletcher sucks, or prove we have a better option? No. It just means he's not Surtain or Madison.

Maybe he should be replaced. But the fact that he is the one that gets picked on relative to Surtain and Madison does NOTHING to advance that argument.

You can look at it any way you like.
The fact is they are looking for him constantly.
If that to you means that he's good but just not as good as our other guys that's your choice. For someone to get picked on that much is a lot more than him being the "3rd best CB" on the team. To me it says he is a weak link.

Some of you guys won't admit to ANY weak links on the Fins team.
Something to think about..... If that was the case we would'nt lose any game. Every team has weak links correct? The best teams just keep theirs to a minimum and hide them well. Something we haven't figured out yet. The problem with Fletch is that we choose to keep that weak link around.

Back
Top Bottom