How much money for McMichael? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much money for McMichael?

Hummer23

Practice Squad
Reaction score
McMichael becomes a free agent after this year. How much money would you be willing to give him so he would stay? I say we should give him a 8 million signing bonus. Then a 6 year 32 milion dollar contract. Let me know what you think.

I don't know much about top TE salaries. But the only people that should get paid more than him are Gonzalez, Gates, Heap, Crumpler, and maybe Shockey.

TE's actually don't make that much money. Players like winslow are trying to break the curve and earn a lot more, but I don't think Randy will want an insane contract. I think Randy's pretty humble, he said earlier that we wouldn't even dream of being a hold out for us, so i like that. I think Saban wants to see him earn the money, instead of just handing it to him.

6 year 18 million dollar deal with a 3 million dollar signing bonus

I agree with Wazzy,and i dont care who it is, I wouldnt be likely to dish out 5.3 million per year with 6 million garunteed to a TE for 6 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
a) ill give him the franchise tag

b) a 6 year deal worth 15-18ish million slightly backloaded. Let him make a little more than 4 million in the last 2 years and give him a 3 million signing bonus. Therefore when he is 29ish, we could cut him and take a minimal cap hit.

I bet ya that McMike will prob be demanding about the same amount of money that Heap is getting. We will prob tag him next year and hope that he sings the offer and doesnt hold out. This situation my get very ugly whenever March rolls around.

Doktor Ivel said:
he is under paid right now, the fins will take care of him next year

Yeah he is. I believe that even Ed Perry was making more then McMike in either 2003 or 2004. I am suprised that he didnt ask for more money in his contract.

He is worth a lot of money and I only hope that we can afford to keep him. I really liked that he continued to play with intensity and desire throughout the season last year. IMO he could be the brightest point in last years season.

6 years 24 million......he earns that money of course.

I really do honestly think that we'll just end up franchising McMichael and if we end up signing him long term it won't happen until 2006 which than what I'm hoping to be two very productive seasons and with him showing cosistency, that we end up signing him long term. But if we did sign him long term whether sometime in the nearby future or during the offseason next year, I think the figure will be somewhere around 4-5 years... and possibly around 12-15 million.

Back
Top Bottom