How much of a loss is Wilkins, really? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much of a loss is Wilkins, really?

How much of a loss is Wilkens, really?

• Huge loss - no question about it.

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • A loss, but not insurmountable.

Votes: 61 42.7%
  • Paying him would have crippled the team - addition through subtraction.

Votes: 57 39.9%
  • Wilkens is a bit overrated - think Suh... top $$$ for very little return.

Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters
Your comparison to Suh is spot on

It’s not. Suh is a borderline HoF. Probably won’t get there but he’s in the conversation while nobody will remember Wilkins in 20 years. Suh was still an elite talent here putting up more qb pressures and hits in 3 years than Wilkins did in 5. Not to mention the DT position has changed since we had Suh. Donald opened up the league to elite DT money being more pass rush oriented while Suh was a run stuffing monster that would put pressure on the qb constantly but may not get home but was still good for 5/6 sacks a year. With that said unless your DT is a 10to 15 sack a year guy he won’t change your defense. Wilkins isn’t that either, he had 6.5 of his 9.5 sacks vs bottom 5 olines in jets/pats and panthers.

Liked Wilkins would have like to keep him.

I may be in the minority, but I already forgot about Wilkins when I realized Miami signed their starting C, their starting LBER, Starting CB and most likely starting safety for less then it would have taken to resign Wilkins.

I see no way, outside of injuries again, Wilkins impact would have been greater then Brewer/Poyer/ Fuller and Brooks combined

huge loss. DTs are always undervalued by fans. It’s easy to say it’s no big deal right now, but when season starts, people are gonna remember what having a weak interior DL looks like.

Love Wilkins, but my question would be... "Does the defense show a major drop off if he were to be injured and miss half the season?" If not, than I would question paying him an elite level deal. If you think his absense would drasticly impact the defense than he might be worth the contract.

I always have problems with single choice or the wording in polls ( always-so obviously no disrespect to this OP😂). I would check all of the first 3 choices. He's a huge loss, that's not insurmountable, whose re-signing would really have hurt the cap situation.

Wilkins would have had to agree to a sign and trade. We may never know if that was attempted.
We had two seasons to get a deal for him, and we failed. Miami had full control of the situation up until the end of the season.

We had two seasons to get a deal for him, and we failed. Miami had full control of the situation up until the end of the season.
Nice guy and my favorite player other than Van Ginkel but it is what it is

Back
Top Bottom