How much would you give up to get these players | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much would you give up to get these players

The only player we trade up for is Calvin Johnson, and that's if he falls to #3.

#3 - 2,200 points

#9 - 1,350 points
#40 - 500 points
#60 - 300 points
TOTAL - 2,150

Chances our we'd have to include a future pick/player and possibly pick up an extra pick as well, like Paul13 said above.

I agree with that.:D

1 Russell - 9th + 2nd
2 Quinn - 9th + 2nd + next years 2nd
3 Johnson - 9th + both 2nds + next years 2nd + Ricky
4 Thomas - 9th + both 2nds + Ricky
5 Adams - 9th + 2nd

I Would base it on matter of importance and it would look like this.

Quinn would be worth the gamble IMO. Johnson would cost much more too.

I don't think Thomas is worth both 2nd's. He's good no doubt, but he's not an elite prospect the way Ferguson and others were. He'd be a solid but unspectacular LT right now.

Quinn would be worth the gamble IMO. Johnson would cost much more too.

I don't think Thomas is worth both 2nd's. He's good no doubt, but he's not an elite prospect the way Ferguson and others were. He'd be a solid but unspectacular LT right now.

But how would you evaluate the top 5 then.

If we are talking what I'd PERSONALLY be willing to give and not what we'd actually have to give, it would be as follows:

Russell: Absolutely nothing. In fact, I'd pass on him even if he fell to #9
Quinn: 1st, either 2nd, 3rd. MAYBE even 1st and BOTH 2nds instead of one 2nd and one 3rd. We NEED a franchise QB, it's been 8 damn years since Marino retired, enough with the garbage QBs already. Nobody is going to forget about Marino if you bring in another young stud QB, so stop *****footing and do it already.
Johnson: As much as I think he is a great playmaker, I would honestly say nothing more than a 1st and 1 or two 2nd day picks . WRs just don't get the ball enough, and currently we don't even have anyone to throw him the ball. Chambers is a Pro Bowl WR and he doesn't single-handedly win us games, so why would Johnson be any different?
Thomas: Only if he fell
Adams: Only if he fell

If we are talking what I'd PERSONALLY be willing to give and not what we'd actually have to give, it would be as follows:

Russell: Absolutely nothing. In fact, I'd pass on him even if he fell to #9
Quinn: 1st, either 2nd, 3rd. MAYBE even 1st and BOTH 2nds instead of one 2nd and one 3rd. We NEED a franchise QB, it's been 8 damn years since Marino retired, enough with the garbage QBs already. Nobody is going to forget about Marino if you bring in another young stud QB, so stop *****footing and do it already.
Johnson: As much as I think he is a great playmaker, I would honestly say nothing more than a 1st and 1 or two 2nd day picks . WRs just don't get the ball enough, and currently we don't even have anyone to throw him the ball. Chambers is a Pro Bowl WR and he doesn't single-handedly win us games, so why would Johnson be any different?
Thomas: Only if he fell
Adams: Only if he fell

I respect your opinion but I dissagree with your evaluation of Johnson,
he may only touch the ball 6 or 7 times a game but him working in conjunction with Chambers, Rickey and Ronnie would make us a much better team offensively. I dont think we should give up on Daunte so fast either.:)

But how would you evaluate the top 5 then.

1 Russell - 9th + filler
2 Quinn - 9th + 2nd + next years 2nd or this year's 3rd+7th
3 Johnson - 9th + both 2nds + next years 2nd+3rd
4 Thomas - 9th + 23rd
5 Adams - 9th

Joe Thomas is good, he isn't that good. Why do all that when we could still draft an impact player in round 1 and trade our 2 seconds to get back in the first round and get Joe Staley, and STILL have our second next year. Yea Joe Thomas is the best LT in this draft, but he isn't worth 4 top 60 picks. Come on, we need line but he isn't a sure thing, he has question marks in a few areas. U only make that kind of move for a franchise QB, not even for a franchise RB I do that (sorry Mike Ditka).

doh, didn't see your reply till now. Anyway, Thomas is the closest thing to a sure thing at LT for a long long time. Many a draft expert have compared him to the second coming of Tony Boselli. Since we haven't had a stud at LT since Webb, it's about time we fill that void. Staley is not in the same league as Thomas, at least not yet. It'll take him at least two years to even come close (IF he develops), Thomas you can start straight away. Staley's favorite team growing up was the Steelers, and when asked who his favorite Steeler was, he didn't name a nasty lineman, he said Bettis/Ward/Stewart in that order. As a converted tight end, I'm not sure he has the toughness we need to play on our line. Not that Bettis and Ward aren't tough physical players, I just would want him to name a lineman instead (Faneca comes to mind).

1 Russell - 9th + 2nd
2 Quinn - 9th + 2nd + next years 2nd
3 Johnson - 9th + both 2nds + next years 2nd + Ricky
4 Thomas - 9th + both 2nds + Ricky
5 Adams - 9th + 2nd

I Would base it on matter of importance and it would look like this.
russell-1,2a
quinn-1,2,2b or next yr 2/3
johnson-1,2a,2b or next yr 2,chambers, next year 3 (he will be taken really early in draft)
thomas-nothing. can get almost as good in second rnd
adams-nothing

russell-1,2a
quinn-1,2,2b or next yr 2/3
johnson-1,2a,2b or next yr 2,chambers, next year 3 (he will be taken really early in draft)
thomas-nothing. can get almost as good in second rnd
adams-nothing

I can live with that.:D

What will happen if we went with Gaines would anyone be upset.

Mueller has hinted the Dolphins need all their picks...

The front office continues to stress that the team will be built by the draft. There are too many holes on the roster to give up picks. I do not see Miami giving up signficiant picks to move up. I do see them possibly moving down and getting more picks. The offensive line must be addressed. Giving up 2nd round picks to move up doesn't make much sense. Miami has this thing for giving up 2nd round picks (lol). I expect Miami to stay or drop down.

Lee2000

doh, didn't see your reply till now. Anyway, Thomas is the closest thing to a sure thing at LT for a long long time. Many a draft expert have compared him to the second coming of Tony Boselli. Since we haven't had a stud at LT since Webb, it's about time we fill that void. Staley is not in the same league as Thomas, at least not yet. It'll take him at least two years to even come close (IF he develops), Thomas you can start straight away. Staley's favorite team growing up was the Steelers, and when asked who his favorite Steeler was, he didn't name a nasty lineman, he said Bettis/Ward/Stewart in that order. As a converted tight end, I'm not sure he has the toughness we need to play on our line. Not that Bettis and Ward aren't tough physical players, I just would want him to name a lineman instead (Faneca comes to mind).

Yea, because everything the experts say are sure things end up being "sure things" :rolleyes2 . Dbrick is much more poised to be a stud LT in the NFL than Joe Thomas . . . . and Robert Gallery was supposed to be this elite LT comming out and he is even struggling at Guard from what I hear. Point is, u don't trade away your draft for anybody, especially an OLinemen, I'm sorry.

Staley as a converted TE . . . more than toughness . . . has the foot speed desired in a LT. I am by no means saying he is a better LT prospect than Joe Thomas, because I dont think he is (he could end up being a better NFL player tho) . . . but u can grab Joe Staley w/o giving up more picks . . . Thomas would take atleast another second and most likely more.

The front office continues to stress that the team will be built by the draft. There are too many holes on the roster to give up picks. I do not see Miami giving up signficiant picks to move up. I do see them possibly moving down and getting more picks. The offensive line must be addressed. Giving up 2nd round picks to move up doesn't make much sense. Miami has this thing for giving up 2nd round picks (lol). I expect Miami to stay or drop down.

Lee2000

I could understand what you are saying but can we afford to let an true talent pass us by just for the sake of having a second round pick, I dont think so, we need people who can make this team dangerous offensively and deadly defensively.

Back
Top Bottom