How Would Josh Rosen Need To Perform In 2019 For You To Forgo Drafting A 1st Round Qb In 2020?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SkapePhin, May 1, 2019.

1. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

What is your threshold? Is there a certain stat line you are expecting? Win/Loss total? Overall feel and perception of how Rosen handles certain situations?

What do you need to see from Rosen to be comfortable skipping on a 1st round QB in next year's draft?

artdnj, Hargitt01, Hoot and 1 other person like this.
  2. illscriptures

illscriptures We need better LB's

Playoffs.

3. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

Making chicken salad out of chicken ****.

4. lbmclean_nocal

lbmclean_nocal Well-Known Member

Be a leader, make plays, show progress throughout the season.

5. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

Hell even then I’d still be all in on Tua, but that’s just my personal preference.

Rolltide03, rickd13, AdamC13 and 4 others like this.
  6. lbmclean_nocal

Exactly what he will need to do. Kyler Murray will have to work with even ****tier salad

7. Laser13

Laser13 Well-Known Member

How he commands the huddle, team. Taking note of how his teammates and the coaches behave around him, and what happens when certain situations of adversity arise in-game. A crisp and clean variety of throws showing off his arm and hitting on the necessary routes, with touch and zip.

Seeing if he's improved upon his timing, and watching his footwork in the pocket (which I believe are quite good). I guess what it boils down to for me are: leadership, getting close to 8 wins, and how he handles pressure and adversity.

Nothing set in stone or a narrow threshold, just some of the general nuances that this team has been lacking at the QB position for so long. I'm believer that you can 'see and feel' it once you've seen over the course of games and bullets flying.

Quite honestly though, I think it will be a difficult assessment no matter what he does, in terms of having such a small window of perceived opportunity and scrutiny - of course that said, barring a miraculous playoff run (which is highly unlikely).

phinsgohard06 and SkapePhin like this.
  8. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Idk how you define the level he needs to play. You can't place arbitrary stats on it. Context matters more then plain statistics. And it is unrealistic to expect playoffs this year. I say if he finds a way to win 6 games and its because of him not in spite of. That's the bar

9. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

8-8.

Like a record baby round round ...

:bobdole:

It honestly depends on how bad the team around him is. If he has protection and they're able to run the ball, I'd like to see marked improvement as the season goes on. Anything but the middle, basically.

TheJetsBlow, Daytona Fin and Digital like this.
  10. lbmclean_nocal

I didn’t like the trade but I am not in this delusional world where I believe he has a lot to work with. Now we do have guys and coaches I love on offense but our OL scares the **** out of me until further notice

phinsgohard06 likes this.
  11. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

It’s kind of dependent on them now adding a couple pieces in free agency to the O-line so Josh can really show what he can do.

If he gets a decent O-line... I want to see an efficient Field General that scores points...whether they get outscored isn’t relevant to his evaluation as long the offense looks good and improves as the year progresses.

We will know... we knew after two series against the Raiders Dan was special.

If they don’t give him a decent O-line I think it requires a 2 year evaluation...and a shifting of the plan to 2021 and Trevor Lawrence if Josh doesn’t show it in 2020.

12. DKphin

DKphin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

10-6. We make the WildCard round. He throws for 2800-3200 yds. with 21tds. / 10ints.

Travis34 and Pitbull13 like this.
  13. AZStryker

AZStryker Pro Bowler

Consistency is the key for me. He can’t just beat up on the bad teams and disappear against some of the mediocre and all of the good teams.

14. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

The only flaw in that is the defense might have too many holes to make the playoffs... but If they a couple O-lineman I want too see the offense look good.

15. MARINO1384

MARINO1384 Pro Bowler

Problem with this is price on Lawerence is going to be absurd unless we have the #1 pick it’s too risky and 2021 class looking weak so far with Fields as the #2 who couldn’t even beat out Fromm who looks like he could be the #3 guy after Herbert and Tua. Unless Rosen puts up 4K yards with 30 tds and 10 or less tds I’m still drafting a qb. Even the second tier guys in Eason and Costello look pretty good. Worse thing we can do is settle for a slight improvement and hand him the job. You bring in serious young talent to compete. Worst case you have a Brees/Rivers scenario.