Howard arrested for domestic battery | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard arrested for domestic battery

I’m a big due process guy. As it stands, these are allegations. Howard deserves the right to be presumed innocent. We need to wait for more information to come out—obviously. It’s also not clear to me if he’s been charged or just arrested. If charges have been laid, it’s fair to assume they wouldn’t have been authorized without physical evidence to back up the claims.

I’m a Howard fan. Having a shutdown corner is key for our rebuild. He’d be difficult to replace. But if he’s guilty of this, he should be cut. I’m open to keeping guys who have run-ins with the law on a case-by-case basis, but certain offences—violence against women, violence against children, sex crimes, etc.—are deal breakers.

According to the police report provided to the Sun-Sentinel, the Dolphins’ Pro Bowl cornerback and his fiance got into a verbal argument about the recent purchase of a purse that wasn’t disclosed and the altercation became physical when the defendant grabbed her arm and pushed her back up against a mirrored glass wall in the hallway of their bedroom.
The defendant then let her go, causing her to fall to the floor on her right arm, which landed on his crutches.
The defendant had physical scratches and redness on her right wrist and forearm.

Howard complained of knee pain according to the police report, and was transported to the BSO jail by Davie Fire Rescue.

I don't think so. CB was already the defensive position Miami valued most, and 2020 is strong at CB. It'd be a mistake to pass on a talented player at a high-value position just because you think your needs are greater elsewhere
You're right. Do we think this bumps Okudah over someone like Simmons on our big board?

If it comes to it, the cap hit wouldn't be so bad considering his base salary.

giphy.gif

If it comes to it, the cap hit wouldn't be so bad considering his base salary.

Might be some type of out in the contract if he is convicted etc

Back
Top Bottom