Howard David the voice of the Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard David the voice of the Dolphins

LAfinfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Is picking NE to win. What a looser!! This guy should get fired.

He is the play by play

Former play by play of the Jets. Now the Dolphin play by play. He is supposed to be THE HOMER!!, he goes to the game in the Dolphin plane. I hope JT explains it to him.

maybe he is using reverse psycology( I know I spelled it wrong, but I am too damned lazy today to look it up) trying to piss off the team?

Prove him wrong guys.

It is not the first time........

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
maybe he is using reverse psycology( I know I spelled it wrong, but I am too damned lazy today to look it up) trying to piss off the team?

Prove him wrong guys.

I believe that he has picked against Miami this year. They day of "homer" announcers is long gone. These guys have become disspensable. They get good and move on to networks and so forth and so on. The ultimate homer announcer is Larry Munson at UGA. There is none better at any level....other than the late Chick Hearn. David is a Jet. He was a Jet. He will always be a Jet. Once you are a Cessna you will always be a Cessna. You can just tell in the tone of his voice sometimes that his heart inst into Miami.

Bring back Zimpher! He was great w/the Mad Dog! The only reason I listen to the radio team now is to hear Mandich (awwwrriiiiiggghhhhttttt Miami!). We don't need no stinkin' cast off announcer from the Stinkin' Lousys.

Howard David is a phenomenal play-by-play man. His voice is much better thn Zimpf's. I love Zimpf. He's a homer.

Honestly, I really don't care if he picks against us or not. Hell, I picked against us against Baltimore in the playoffs last year. I also picked against us in Green Bay. I hoped to God we'd win. I knew we had it in us. But I didn't think, going in, that we were gonna do it......and I'm as big a homer as there is.

It's not like Howard doesn't have a vested interest in our team or that he's rooting AGAINST us. You'll find the Herald and Sentinel beat writers picking against us too. Guys that are from MIAMI, born and raised.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked Zimpher, but i love David.

Hey, a guy can get a second chance at life after calling games for the Jets right?

Originally posted by Migs182005
I liked Zimpher, but i love David.

Hey, a guy can get a second chance at life after calling games for the Jets right?

Sure... but picking against the Fins is not a way to get on the DolFans' good side... agreed?

PS: the Fins sign this guy's paycheck!

I guess, but if all you do is pick the Dolphins, then that's not good journalism on his part. That's why I respect him. Cause he won't just pick the Dolphins to win everytime just to get on Dol-Fans good side. I do the same thing.

(Not all the time though) lol

I liked Bill better.....were did he go? I was about to start a post to ask where he went...and then I saw this.

actually, he's been doing some commercials, but nothing much.

his wife makes very good money, so he really doesn't need to get a job

I guess, but if all you do is pick the Dolphins, then that's not good journalism on his part. That's why I respect him. Cause he won't just pick the Dolphins to win everytime just to get on Dol-Fans good side. I do the same thing.

all i do is pick the dolphins, and i've won way more than i've lost!:D ;)

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
I liked Bill better.....were did he go? I was about to start a post to ask where he went...and then I saw this.

He's actually doing play by play for the FIU Golden Panthers on WAXY790AM.

OK. But I never heard Bill Z or Rick Weaver go against the Fins. I mean to do it on the Fins flagship station?!?!? Isn't that why they're called the "team's play by play" guys? Personally, I love Mandich on the broadcasts and I love his homerism. You can feel it that he cares what happens to this team. I got that from Rick Weaver as well as Bill Z but I don't get it from this guy. Very often, he comes accross as overbearing, self-agrandizing, and as a potentate wanna be.

Back
Top Bottom