Howard David the voice of the Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard David the voice of the Dolphins

Awww why did he leave?! I miss him, I wasn't too thrilled when Howard came, and I started to like him, BUT I loved the HOMERs more then the HOMER and JET BOY.

Originally posted by Migs182005
His wife makes very good money, so he really doesn't need to get a job

Hey Migs, ol' buddy and intrepid reporter!

Ummm, ... you wouldn't happen to know if she has a sister, or where one might find wife-material of this kind, would you?

Just curious.

Howard David is an idiot...

Bring Back Goldberg and (was it) Henry Barrow...

LMAO, damn, I'm sorry Phan4Ever. I don't think she does.

About Goldberg. I don't like him to much cause he's an ass to some of callers for no reason, and he won't answer a question sometimes because "he doesn't feel like it" or "if the question is to tough"

I like Howard,Goldie,and Mandich, but not Goldberg

Originally posted by MiaMarino
OK. But I never heard Bill Z or Rick Weaver go against the Fins. I mean to do it on the Fins flagship station?!?!? Isn't that why they're called the "team's play by play" guys? Personally, I love Mandich on the broadcasts and I love his homerism. You can feel it that he cares what happens to this team. I got that from Rick Weaver as well as Bill Z but I don't get it from this guy. Very often, he comes accross as overbearing, self-agrandizing, and as a potentate wanna be.

You have to remember that Mandich played for the Dolphins, has been apart of the organization for a looong time, and he has been doing this for a long time. Howard is new to the Dolphins so people don't see him as a homer like Mandich yet.

Now, I look at this in two ways.

The Journalist way: You can't be a homer. Why do you think Dol'fans hate Pete Prisco? Cause he always picks the Jets, etc.
Same with Chris Berman, he always picks the Bills. You lose your creadability (sorry, I know I spelled that wrong, lol)

From a fan's perspective: You never want someone to say your team is going to lose, so obviously you want people to say they are going to win. That's why we like Mandich, and some don't like howard.

but you know what? who cares. These are guys talking during a football game. They are irrelavent. It's the players, and our Dolphins that matter.

Go Dolphins!

Man.. I LOVE the Hammer! I LMAO every time he yells at a caller.. The best was when he called some guy an ahole because the caller didnt think Ricky was the best back the Phins have ever had and he couldnt tell Hank who was indeed better than Ricky on the Phins..

:lol: It was hilarious..

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Man.. I LOVE the Hammer! I LMAO every time he yells at a caller.. The best was when he called some guy an ahole because the caller didnt think Ricky was the best back the Phins have ever had and he couldnt tell Hank who was indeed better than Ricky on the Phins..

:lol: It was hilarious..

He is Awesome!

Howard doesn't lack enthusiasm. When he gets enthused, his voice sounds great. He has that commanding, authoritative sound that Zimpf just doesn't possess.

Initially, I was against Howard David....until I actually gave him a chance. I love Bill. I hated to see him go. And I was pissed when he was fired and of the way he was treated. But that has nothing to do with the tone of each man's voice.

Zimpf is top notch. But Howard David is just a better play-by-play man. One of the best. And he seems to have a better knowledge of the game.

Originally posted by Migs182005
You have to remember that Mandich played for the Dolphins, has been apart of the organization for a looong time, and he has been doing this for a long time. Howard is new to the Dolphins so people don't see him as a homer like Mandich yet.

Now, I look at this in two ways.

The Journalist way: You can't be a homer. Why do you think Dol'fans hate Pete Prisco? Cause he always picks the Jets, etc.
Same with Chris Berman, he always picks the Bills. You lose your creadability (sorry, I know I spelled that wrong, lol)

From a fan's perspective: You never want someone to say your team is going to lose, so obviously you want people to say they are going to win. That's why we like Mandich, and some don't like howard.

but you know what? who cares. These are guys talking during a football game. They are irrelavent. It's the players, and our Dolphins that matter.

Go Dolphins!

Do you undertsnad the difference between regular journalism and being a team's play by play announcer?

I can't believe what I read from you in this thread. You are comparing Berman and Howard. One is working for ESPN who gets paid to be "neutral" and on gets paid to represent the Miami Dolphins.

WTF.....Be critical after the game BUT you should never pick against your team before the game as a play-by-play. Whats next for you? Let him be happy and say "Yeah, I was right" in case we should lose?

The radio crew who does the games have to be the ultimate homer crew before a game. Nobody wants to turn on the radio and listen to how we are going to lose.

My goodness.....

When Howard David first came here I had a bias against him because he was a Jets homer. Since the TV play by play is so bad I listen to the radio. David is an excellent play by play man and is now a Miami homer on the Dolphins broadcasts, there is no question about that. He went over board on the last Ricky fumble about how obvious it was that the knee was down. I am surprised to hear he picked the Patriots as I don't listen to his show. I will listen to his show tomorrow as I'd like to hear for myself he's picking the Pats and why.

BTW that big run Ricky had against the Jets that ESPN always shows, that David yelling Bye Bye Ricky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I know...but I liked BILL alot, and I also like HOWARD....but don't know who is better. Sort of like the Freeman/Walker debate...except I won't make 5 posts about this :)

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
Yeah I know...but I liked BILL alot, and I also like HOWARD....but don't know who is better. Sort of like the Freeman/Walker debate...except I won't make 5 posts about this :)
i wouldn't either, i live to far away to listen to either one of em. i have to listen to how good the raiders or niners or chargers are!:yell:

Back
Top Bottom