Huff to the Astros is Close! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huff to the Astros is Close!

Ray Finkle said:
Upton has been awful defensively at SS. The Rays, as I'm sure you know have been trying to get him to change positions to either 3rd or OF. However you might see Upton being called up soon to show what he can do at SS to either showcase him for teams or to see if he could handle SS, as Lugo is likely to be traded in the next 19 days.

actually Upton has been good defensively lately.

UF Fin Kat said:
well upton is moving to 3rd! just heard it from friedman on the radio. staying in durham...
Evan Longoria, their top pick from the amateur draft is their future 3B. Upton will be either playing 2B or OF -- easy.

O-Connection said:
Evan Longoria, their top pick from the amateur draft is their future 3B. Upton will be either playing 2B or OF -- easy.

no. Longoria will most likely be a 2B.

hopefull we can Lock Lugo up with a contract now.

Nappy Roots said:
no. Longoria will most likely be a 2B.

hopefull we can Lock Lugo up with a contract now.
"Most likely be"? You're wrong. Upton is going to be either in the outfield or somewhere in the middle infield -- definitely not short. Longoria is only a couple years or so from making an impact at third base -- college ready player.

O-Connection said:
longoria has 2B written all over him from what i understand. and the bigger cantu gets (not to mention his fielding...), the more i think about moving him over to 1B sometime in the future.

1B - cantu
2B - longoria
3B - upton
SS - ??? (zobrist doesn't seem that likely to be the future starter)

O-Connection said:
"Most likely be"? You're wrong. Upton is going to be either in the outfield or somewhere in the middle infield -- definitely not short. Longoria is only a couple years or so from making an impact at third base -- college ready player.

:sidelol:

you have no clue about the devil rays obviously

UF Fin Kat said:
longoria has 2B written all over him from what i understand. and the bigger cantu gets (not to mention his fielding...), the more i think about moving him over to 1B sometime in the future.

1B - cantu
2B - longoria
3B - upton
SS - ??? (zobrist doesn't seem that likely to be the future starter)
The Rays will proceed as this, from what I'm hearing from the radio, analysts, etc.

1B Cantu -- will move from 2B
2B Open -- possibly switch from Upton, or if fielding works out to short, odds aren't looking good.
SS Lugo -- Unless Upton buys a new pair of hands he'll be here.
3B Longoria -- was a stick in college, not spectacular defensively, but he should be an impact player soon.

O-Connection said:
The Rays will proceed as this, from what I'm hearing from the radio, analysts, etc.

1B Cantu -- will move from 2B
2B Open -- possibly switch from Upton, or if fielding works out to short, odds aren't looking good.
SS Lugo -- Unless Upton buys a new pair of hands he'll be here.
3B Longoria -- was a stick in college, not spectacular defensively, but he should be an impact player soon.

Upton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Longoria phyiscally at 3B. there is absolutly no reason to waist upton at 2B while Longoria could play there.

Nappy Roots said:
you have no clue about the devil rays obviously
Sounds like someone who rather take cheap shots than state facts -- I know about the Rays and Longoria. What people are saying is Upton will move to third, how in the hell can he handle the hot corner if he can't handle short? There's less time, and little room for errror. I don't see him working out there and eventually being switched to the OF, if not, somewhere else.

O-Connection said:
Sounds like someone who rather take cheap shots than state facts -- I know about the Rays and Longoria. What people are saying is Upton will move to third, how in the hell can he handle the hot corner if he can't handle short? There's less time, and little room for errror. I don't see him working out there and eventually being switched to the OF, if not, somewhere else.

how are you going to say you know about the Rays and then say Upton will be a 2B....he will NEVER be a 2B. there will never be even a possibility. If he cant play SS or 3B, he'll go to OF, but not with us most likely.

and Uptons main problem at SS was not reaction time, hes got incredible reaction and great range, so how would he not be able to handle "the hot corner"??

Nappy Roots said:
Upton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Longoria phyiscally at 3B. there is absolutly no reason to waist upton at 2B while Longoria could play there.
I don't see Upton panning out at third, that's why I see Longoria as the team's future 3B. I don't think anyone can question Upton's size, strength, speed, etc. but his fielding needs work, and switching from short to third isn't exactly going to change things over night. I see him more at second, mainly because the future outfield consists of Craw, Baldelli, and Young -- even though Young, Longoria, and Upton all have different time frames, and trades can happen. That's just how I see it if things stay pat -- of course that's probably not going to happen.

from what i understand, most of his errors at short are a result of him overthrowing the first baseman, which, if anything, would help him out tremendously by moving him to third.

Nappy Roots said:
actually Upton has been good defensively lately.

Still 28 errors this year (.782 fielding %) in 88 games this year already and with 53 errors last year (.882) it shows you can't stick this guy at SS.

UF Fin Kat said:
from what i understand, most of his errors at short are a result of him overthrowing the first baseman, which, if anything, would help him out tremendously by moving him to third.

his problem was throwing and booting easy plays in which he had to much time to think about it. He ALWAYS makes the great and tough plays, so IMO 3B is perfect for him. ive wanted him to move there all year.

Back
Top Bottom