Huge Test.. Or Learning experience. Wade Smith vs. Hugh Douglas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huge Test.. Or Learning experience. Wade Smith vs. Hugh Douglas

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Wade Smith vs. Hugh Douglas..

This is the match up if Hguh Douglas does play this Friday.. This could not of worked out better with Dixon out for the rest of the pre-season.. Smith will now have a quarter of work against a pro-bowler and a damn good one at that.. I'll be watching this position very closely as well as our backup LB's on Friday.. This guy must improve just in case Dixon goes down..

He faces Jason Taylor every day in practice. This will just be a continuation of that enormous learning curve.

Well, you better keep an on on Feidlers back side....or he might be the next to go!!!! I remember years with injuries, but this seems more bizzare everyday! Two ways to look at it I guess, Either we are getting the injuries out of the way now, or its what to come for the upcoming season! Championship teams find a way to overcome situations like this! I have faith in every starter, back-up, and even clipboard holder who is on this teams, b/c I have faith in Speilman!!!

This is way wild, never seen it this bad, this early before. But luckily, this team has more depth this year and may be able to sustain somthing like this, but a 3rd round rookie ot, I don't know. On Jays backside, Norv will have to be creative with his play calling. I'm glad jays a moble QB also. But all these injuries on the lightest TC they've had in a while, Man..Let the injuries stop now.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
This is way wild, never seen it this bad, this early before. But luckily, this team has more depth this year and may be able to sustain somthing like this, but a 3rd round rookie ot, I don't know. On Jays backside, Norv will have to be creative with his play calling. I'm glad jays a moble QB also. But all these injuries on the lightest TC they've had in a while, Man..Let the injuries stop now.

with Fiedler's ailing back, and the lack of depth at LB, it's going to be hard for them to maintain great energy come december...especailly Thomas and the LB core...they looked burnt at the end of last year, but now it's worse, and so is the December schedule....I hope you guys remain injury free the rest of the way...i'm holding my breath for the Bills in preseason...1 down, 3 to go:eek2:

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

with Fiedler's ailing back, and the lack of depth at LB, it's going to be hard for them to maintain great energy come december...especailly Thomas and the LB core...they looked burnt at the end of last year, but now it's worse, and so is the December schedule....I hope you guys remain injury free the rest of the way...i'm holding my breath for the Bills in preseason...1 down, 3 to go:eek2:

What's up CW

This is crazy, Our bu's at LB are young, except for Henrick, he's good enough, our youngster Jenkins has had a solid camp and played pretty good against the Buc's, he was a part of the comback. I'm more worried about OL dept at OT than LB. I think we can survive with 5 good LB's, but we have a ? mark with Wade as bu, we'll see more this Friday, he will have his hands full, but JT is a good preparation test for him..Should mature him fast.

I think we were just fine at LB last year. Timbo, Larry, and Jermaine did a great job up front. They (the LBs) were fresh. The entire team was pretty much fresh for a change. We just didn't get it done. :(

We lack of speed at the linebacker position. Thomas with age and tear and wear and seau are becoming slower than they once were. Morlon Greenwood has lienbacker speed but we need a fast linebacker to play at certain downs. Morlon is great against the run but they don't put him in nickel packages so you can say that he isn't in most of the plays that he can be. Our linebacker's should be put to cover certain areas of the field rather than help our receivers in the inside but that's just my take.

Besides worrying about the LT protecting Fiedler, I'm also hoping that Fiedler protects himself. His fierce competitiveness makes him tend to go all-out.

It's good that Wade Smith is going up against Hugh Douglas for a brief time because going against the same person over and over is not exactly good training even though JT is the best in the game at what he does.. Hugh Douglas is a different type of De in the way that he ubullrushes the LT more so than try to run around him.. He loves to intiate strong contact at the start and maintains his balance and then does his swim or spin moves that he does to the inside.. Very inteseresting to see what happens this Friday..

This is a real test for Wade. Hugh Douglas is a man just like JT. They both want to get the job done. I think working against JT will help Wade. I'm glad Wade is getting all this work in P/S. It only bears well for the Phins if he practices against other /different guys.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
It's good that Wade Smith is going up against Hugh Douglas for a brief time because going against the same person over and over is not exactly good training even though JT is the best in the game at what he does.. Hugh Douglas is a different type of De in the way that he ubullrushes the LT more so than try to run around him.. He loves to intiate strong contact at the start and maintains his balance and then does his swim or spin moves that he does to the inside.. Very inteseresting to see what happens this Friday..

I have a prediction and it's not to bold.

OWNED

This should be great experience for him. Lets just hope he doesnt get Jay killed.

Even if Smith does well against Douglass I wouldn't put all that much stock in it. Jack Del Rio has been publicly unhappy with how Hugh Douglass has been looking so far in training camp and in preseason. He has been quoted as saying Hugh looks very "average" so far. Ya gotta hand it to Del Rio though, most coaches would coddle a veteran like Hugh Douglass whom they are pinning so many hopes on.

Anyway, I'm not sure I believe all this hype the coaches are giving to Smith. The guy showed up to camp late and has been behind ever since. He gets owned everyday by Jason Taylor and even though Taylor is the best in the league, he gets shut down and you know what our starting LT should be able to shut JT down most of the time with JT sprinkling in a few sacks every now and then. Instead, Smith is gettin his butt dragged all over the place.

Look for Spielman to put in a call to San Francisco inquiring about Derrick Deese. If we could grab him right about now it would give us time to install him into the system and have him compete with Smith for the primary backup role to Dixon (ie the start vs Houston).

I'm trying to think of what linebackers the coaches are gonna start looking into but I can't think of anyone.

Is Deese available? If so why call SF. Wait for him to be cut. There is always a suprise getting cut.

Back
Top Bottom