Huge Test.. Or Learning experience. Wade Smith vs. Hugh Douglas | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huge Test.. Or Learning experience. Wade Smith vs. Hugh Douglas

He COULD be cut. I personally think its doubtful because I'm not sure what SF would do with the money they save, and therefore why would you give up good tackle and interior OL depth like that? But the rave reviews are in for rookie Kwame Harris supposedly in the bay area...they are supposedly gushing over him, and talking about how Deese could be cut in camp.

If we wait til he's cut it could be too late to get him acclimated to the system and the rest of the offensive linemen. The starting 5 unit should be given some time together to gel, not to mention Deese uses some technique that Wise would either have to incorporate into the blocking schemes or beat out of Deese. I would put a call in now to the 49ers and see if they really were thinking of cutting Deese, and if so I'd offer a 5th to 7th rounder for him.

I Don't know if you guy's care about this or not but i just thought i'd throw it out there. I live in Cali. and yes the weather's great. But i get alot of the 49ers and Raiders games out here. there was a certain left tackle from Stanford bye the name of Kwame Harris that the Dolphins were possibly going to pick. so anyway, i watched the 49ers this weekend and i'm feeling sorry for the niners right now cause this guy is a major bust. He was working against DE's i'd never even heard of and he could'nt even stay in front of them. Two or three times the DE would give him 1 move and be bye him on that 1 move. I could'nt help but think about Brandon Winey. The 49ers broadcasters were saying things like "we'll it looks like thats the 3rd sack he's given up".

Originally posted by inFINSible
:huh:

Should I flip a coin to see who's right?

I was thinking the same thing. Who do we believe :confused:

SF may not part with either if Harris isn't good. He was a 1st rounder so they'll give him a chance. And keep the other guy around till he gets better.
:mad:

Thanks for the update BadFins. I had heard the opposite about Kwame Harris, even speculation about getting rid of Deese, but that news was probably prior to the preseason game you speak of...so it would seem that Derrick Deese is back off the radar screen.

No word out of camp on Davron Williams, Jarvis Borum, and the OG we We drafted. Looks as if they won't make the 53 roster.

Back
Top Bottom