Hunt to Carolina | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hunt to Carolina

Let's hope Grier doesn't do anything stupid and start trading picks.
You mean trading up for a guard that was drafted as a tackle and ended up at center that shouldn't have a starting spot in the NFL and ignoring the future pro bowl SB winning center?

Sorry. Old wound. Still tender.

I loved Hunt and thought he was the one FA we had to keep.
But not for that price, NFW.
Best of luck to him, truly. But that's bad math unless you're 80 mil under the cap.
For a guard.

Don't think that is happening this year. Probably won't be able to adequately replace all the lost talent until next year.
I was being sarcastic btw.....it's going to be hard just to get back to even par,let alone to be better than last year but we can always hope

I was being sarcastic btw.....it's going to be hard just to get back to even par,let alone to be better than last year but we can always hope
I see a 7 to 9 win team this year. I question whether Grier will still be here in 2025 to use the extra picks. Either way all I can do is hope they improve in 2025 and win a playoff game or maybe 2.

Damn, that’s INSANE money for Hunt! Even if Miami had plenty of cap room, that’s the kind of contract that gets you in trouble.

I know there’s plenty of pissed off Dolphin fans today but they need to try and remember that these players are leaving on contracts that you DO NOT want to see Miami matching- even if they could. Don’t get me wrong, today is no fun for us, but 2 offseasons from now, you’re gonna see the Raiders and Panthers trying to find ways out of the Wilkins and Hunt contracts.

Winning in free agency always looks great at the time, but it usually comes at a heavy cost. We’ve been on both sides of this coin before.

Interested Jurassic Park GIF by Vidiots

They are talking about him, like he will carry the franchise to victory by himself next season
Personally, I think they overpaid good lineman, but 100 million?

After losing Wilkins and AVG, I was hoping that they would be able to sign Hunt. Yet $100,000 million over 5 year, with $63 guaranteed is not even close what the Dolphins could afford to sign him for.

For those posters who claim that Grier is lousy at drafting players, Wilkins, Hunt, AVG, and Jones would beg to differ with you.
Seems to get lost in the translation for some. This will happen when you have a well-built roster and the lower-tier teams have tons of money to spend. This hasn't been an issue with us for quite some time. We were the ones poaching and overpaying for players... :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom