Hunt to Test F/A | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hunt to Test F/A

Hard to keep him for that money. Best wishes and luck to him either way.

Assuming talent is there, I will not be disapointed if we go tackle in R1 and guard/center in R2. It ain't sexy but if we get some young, cheap, and most importantly feisty oline, it can really prop up the offense for the next 4+ years.

Agreed! Were actually lucky A.Jackson was okay for extending mid-season.

He would have been gone if he tested FA
def, I am sure we tried with the others and I completely understand a player wanting the bag, it's a risk for them and often it is rewarded.

You just can't spend like that on the interior OL unless you are paying an All Pro type.

I love Hunt and wish they could keep all the draft and develop guys but he is bound for a team with a lot more Cap space that they can burn on a RG.

Kudos to him if he gets $17 mil
Yup. He could get 15 I bet. But not in Miami. Like I said a while back, some of our guys will price themselves out of Miami. So far I was right on X and Ogbah leaving (or restructuring). I still think only Wilkins will get close to what he is asking. Not sure what Tua is asking for but he prob will too. We may start a few Rookies or FA signings on the OL this year at OG and Center.

I agree 100%.

There is no way Miami is fixing the interior line if need be, done solely in the draft, not only tough to do, and taking resources to other positions we need to fix, but three rookies inside means a probable decline in running game, and possible death for Tua.

Getting one linemen early, a solid (But not breaking the bank) FA, and one of our remaining players that played better then most expected last year is as good and smart a plan as anyone could expect.
I fully expect us to have two starters up front that weren’t on the team last year......the other 3 will most likely be players that were here......armstead and jackson are two of them of course.....the other starter will come out of what we already have.

He was good but lead the league in false start penalties. Can’t really false start at center plus his athleticism solves 2 problems by moving him. Not sure if other teams will put up with the penalties at guard.
They won't, that's why Dallas let him walk.

They definitely had hoped he worked out at RT.

I can't blame a bad team for their desperation, he's definitely a good OG. But he was never going to be re-signing for that monster contract with us, so its odd to see so many shocked by the development.

You always sacrifice the OG's first. They are the least important position, its just the nature of the business.

Blindside OT, Center, front side OT just take priority, even when they aren't as good a player, like Austin Jackson, who isn't as good a RT as Hunt is a RG.

Now if we lose Connor Williams as well, I'll start to feel a little uneasy but losing Hunt just doesn't do that for me.
I'd argue that with Tua's height and release that the interior should take precedence over the tackles. Tua is good at moving up in the pocket when he has space, he needs those DT's out of his face so he can see the field since he's shorter and his quick release lets him get rid of the ball before DE's can get there.

Brees always had a great interior OL, Miami should be copying that.

I'd argue that with Tua's height and release that the interior should take precedence over the tackles. Tua is good at moving up in the pocket when he has space, he needs those DT's out of his face so he can see the field since he's shorter and his quick release lets him get rid of the ball before DE's can get there.

The tackles were fine all year. I don't know how many gameday threads I posted this on the Oline. For what it's worth. With Williams playing the line was solid, without, trash.

Good Line: ^
Bad Line (us): v

Considering we have Armstead and Jackson only, I am shocked at how much chatter there is on here about taking an OT this year. I don't see it happening. I get the uneasiness of having TA but we have depth there. We literally have no OG's.

I am with you on that one.

Considering we have Armstead and Jackson only, I am shocked at how much chatter there is on here about taking an OT this year. I don't see it happening. I get the uneasiness of having TA but we have depth there. We literally have no OG's.

I am with you on that one.
What depth? Lamm isn't on contract.

I'd like to sign that Dallas Center if we can fit him in...he's physical and solid. I don't see Conner Williams being back.

Back
Top Bottom