Huock and the O-Line | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huock and the O-Line

Thats a really good point. His last season in SD he was playing with two bad ankles wasn't he? The same story this season for us.. in any case, he corrected that right?

Think of the possibilities IF this line can hold up... I mean, you have a quick RB that can get to the outside or can provide power as well... he also can serve as a slot receiver if need be... Don't forget about two great WR's and a great TE... I mean, the biggest questions IMO is how long it takes for houdini to work some magic and of course... Feeley.. This season will answer a lot of questions for us and provide us with clearer direction (do we need to draft a QB, etc.)

The contract stated they wouldn't acquite another LT through FA...the draft was excluded in the deal.

It could take awile, but it seems as if that we are building for the future.

You are right.. we aren't in the position to make a serious push deep into the playoffs.. but I think we might sneak into the last wild card spot this season.. With a stable line, your team instantly improves big time... God, everytime I remember the Wanny / Tony Wise system... :shakeno: but in any case.. I can't wait till the season starts! Jesus... so long from now...

lol you're right... how could I have forgotten...

Man... luckily we have the Miami Heat plowing through the playoffs... and well the Marlins as well...

I mean... what else is there? I'd rather do drugs then turn to the Arena Football League... its just morally wrong... you're trying to get your 'football fix...' and you feel dirty afterwards...

What is worse, watching the arena football league... or the NFL Europe?

Also on a side note... Gruden (TB's coach) is a rather successful NFL coach.. compared to his brother who coaches in that league... lol. Talk about different destinys!

ubercane said:
I'd rather do drugs then turn to the Arena Football League... its just morally wrong... you're trying to get your 'football fix...' and you feel dirty afterwards...

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

finsnchips said:
I think C is the only problem. Houck will get either McKinney, Smith or Hadnot playing at a suitable level.

Yeah, C is an issue, but i think we should keep seth at that spot b/c he is strong and he has more experience than those other guys. His only problem is that he is a ******* and hopefully Houck can adress that problem.

I agree... the unfortunate reality is that Seth is the best we got.

I think the line will look like this:

McIntosh - James - McKinney - Carey - McDougle.

LT McIntosh/Carey: Right now I give the edge to DM but I think Carey might well beat him out for the spot. Coaching will make a huge differance to Carey.
LG James : No doubt in my mind here. The whole line was hurt by scheme and Seth last season.
C Seth/ Rex Hadnot: Seth was the starter but Hadnot has much more upside. Also do not discount St Clare here. Don't bash me just yet. He has some exp at center and I go with the best 5 linemen = best chance to win.
RG Damion Cook: Right guard was a weak spot on line all last season. Hadnot played better then the rest but Cook was brought in for this spot.
RT Stockar McDougle: This was a good move. It anchors the right side allowing the best availible player for LT.
Stockar and Cook = a whole new right side of the line.(near 700 lbs of it) add in Hadnot at center (323 lbs) James at LG (310) and Carey at LT (333) and you have over 1600 lbs of oline using a much better blocking scheme in front of a real offensive system disigned to attack the d and take advantage of what they give you.
I like it.

holy S*** you are right, thats almost one ton of O-Line (~400lbs shy). You really think that Carey can beat out McIntosh? I'm not so sure.. Carey doesn't have that required quickness with his feet to effectively play tackle, but you may be right... maybe through good coaching that can be addressed.

St. Claire at center is a possibility.. but I think Hadnot has a great chance to get in somewhere.. like someone said, lots of upside, and he started to play consistently towards the end of the season if I remember correctly.

My memory leaves me.. who is Damien Cook? And is he any good?

ubercane said:
My memory leaves me.. who is Damien Cook? And is he any good?

He is a pretty versitile guy who comes from Cleveland. He can play a little tackle also. He's huge, but still a little raw. Hopefully Houck can coach him up to be a good player. More of a run-blocking mauler than a pass blocker.

Is the new offense we are running more favorable to Offensive linemen? Example: Denver. In their scheme no matter what lineman or RBs they have they produce. I wonder if our new offense will be any easier for these guys? They looked pretty pathetic for most of last year. I remember one of our primetime games I think on ESPN, the announcers were ripping our OL like there was no tomorrow...

The thing to remember about McIntosh is that he started at LT for 3 years while playing for Houck.

ubercane said:
If I remember correctly... Saban promised he wouldn't draft a LT or attain one in order to get our current LT to take that Pay cut.... That was a smart move in the sense that the stud LT's are in next year's draft (I go to Univ. of Miami - I see Winston around all the time - the kid has great skill and is a nice person). So all in all, that really was another example of Saban's cleverness.

Yes the line will get addressed in next year's draft. We got some other issues solved this year it seems. Houck will improve the line this year - it can't be worse than last year. Plus he will have some new talent next year to groom. I say it's hard to say how many years, but an improvement will begin this year, so we will have an ok line, maybe even close to average by end of year or early next year. Then, either next year or the year after our line should be solid at worst, maybe even very good by then! Those are my realistic hopes.

Back
Top Bottom