Hurricane Irma Only thread | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurricane Irma Only thread

Key West, Marco Island and Naples are going to get destroyed.

And its not like here on the East coast as far as construction. Etc. this could be devastating and way worse than Charlie. The roofs I believe did change to metal type roofs.

Irma might just have signed her partial death warrant. The eye jogged southwest. Not a direction change but enough to keep it over Cuba longer than expected. Cuba is not just land but mountains. I think Irma will go out into the Gulf first.

Living here in the midwest we know tornadoes and flooding but not the devastating effects of hurricanes. Stay safe and all people, send out your prayers to everyone.

Irma might just have signed her partial death warrant. The eye jogged southwest. Not a direction change but enough to keep it over Cuba longer than expected. Cuba is not just land but mountains. I think Irma will go out into the Gulf first.

where did you see that?

Despite Irma hovering over Cuba, it remains impressively strong and is expected to strengthen.

Do not ignore. Take head.

it would be nice if cuba weakened irma, but i'm more concerned with it keeping that nice 275/280 track right into the gulf.

Best wishes to everyone in Florida.
As a NJ fulltime resident who's worst storm experience was Sandy, so not even remotely the same as this.....And a Marco Island vacationer for the past decade several times a year, I just have nothing but love for everyone and everything down there and just hope for the safety and recovery for everyone
I've literally been going to South Florida since I was a fetus. My aunt and uncle moved down with my grandparents in 1972, and I also have cousins down there as well. It's the closest thing I have to a second home. Some of my best childhood memories took place there in the summers of the 80's and 90's. The region has been a big part of my life. Everyone down there is in my prayers.

So I didn't make it out to Cancun. Long story, but it was a cluster. I'm riding it out with you all. I am encouraged by the latest models though and I am confident that my condo will hold up fine. Best of luck to everyone!

Thoughts and prayers with everyone, I will be watching closely from up here in Rochester, NY. I have family on Merritt Island, a soon to be 85-year-old grandfather that is as stubborn as the day is long who won't leave. The projections there look better overall then they have, but I also have Aunts and Uncles in Bradenton, FL where it's not looking too good.

Stay safe everyone, I look forward to celebrating our first win of the season next week with you all!!

Last edited:
where did you see that?
channel 25 in PBC. They had the latest enhanced satellite image on a loop. Even the announcer said that this could be significant. Instead of just straddling the Cuban coast line it may actually go over land.

A lot of times it is that little wobble of the eye which is a huge difference maker.

where did you see that?
Here is that loop.

hifloat5_None_anim.gif

Here is another one
rbtop-animated.gif

And one more
rgb-animated.gif

Back
Top Bottom