*** Hurricane Recruiting News *** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Hurricane Recruiting News ***

JCane

Administrator
Club Member
Reaction score
Big recruiting news coming down earlier today, guys. I don't know if any of you listen to Joe Rose or not but Joe had Randy Shannon on his show the other day and Randy alluded to a huge recruit that he had spoken to and received some good news from. Shannon never said who the recruit was and was tight-lipped as usual but I found out today that the recruit he was alluding to was indeed, five-star wide receiver, Rueben Randle. Randle is currently ranked as the #2 player in the country and is currently playing quarterback for his high school in Louisiana.

The great news here is that Rueben will be scheduling an official visit to Miami very very soon.Probably sometime in January. His only official visit thus far was to Oklahoma on 11.21.2008 and he was also present for the Sooners thrashing of the Red Raiders. Not only that, but from what I am hearing from people close to Rueben is that Rueben has dwindled his list of suitors down to only two; Oklahoma and Miami.

This could be a tremendous land for the 'Canes and it would certainly propel them towards the top recruiting class in the country. Although I believe that landing Randle would probably reduce our chances of landing Andre DeBose of Sanford, I still believe we could land the other two Sanford standouts, DeRon Dye and Ray Ray Armstrong.

:hi5:

Rueben Randle is being recruited as a wide receiver, yes. This kid can do it all on offense. Great hands, excellent route runner, fast, and he can go up and get the ball. This is the one kid I've been praying for the entire season. Everyone kept saying we were out of the Randle race but as I said all along, we aren't—trust me.

Thanks for keeping us posted JCane . . . always good to hear any big recruit or potential big recruit landings on the Hurricanes front.

I hope we get Randle

Thanks for the info.I have been hearing about Randle. It would be great to have him and Aldarius Johnson starting and Benjemin in the slot.

Yeah I'm really liking that group of wide recievers.I just hope we do sign him because I'm excited about that now.I just hope we can get some O-Line and secondary help.

Benjamin in the slot would be killer.

That corp would be sick.

I'm still expecting a lot from Streeter, McKenzie, and Laron Byrd. If we can't get either of those 2 5 stars I'd expect expect McKenzie or Streeter to earn the position at split end, with Byrd and Benjamin in the slot. Aldarius, of course, would be the flanker.

But I agree that O-line and secondary strength should be our primary concern right now, because I think we have a lot of talent with our receivers and backs.

I'm still expecting a lot from Streeter, McKenzie, and Laron Byrd. If we can't get either of those 2 5 stars I'd expect expect McKenzie or Streeter to earn the position at split end, with Byrd and Benjamin in the slot. Aldarius, of course, would be the flanker.

But I agree that O-line and secondary strength should be our primary concern right now, because I think we have a lot of talent with our receivers and backs.

McKenzie is actually going to transfer along with Shawnbrey McNeal. This hasn't been made official yet but it is going to happen. I really hate that Shawnbrey McNeal is going to transfer because I have been his biggest fan since he stepped on campus.

Just letting you guys know...

Streeter wouldn't be a bad TE with his size, but considering we underuse the TE alot...maybe not the greatest destination for him.

I really want us to start recruiting some O-linemen. Sounds like we've got some good secondary recruits coming in, but maybe 1-2 O-linemen at the present?

Streeter wouldn't be a bad TE with his size, but considering we underuse the TE alot...maybe not the greatest destination for him.

I really want us to start recruiting some O-linemen. Sounds like we've got some good secondary recruits coming in, but maybe 1-2 O-linemen at the present?

Don't forget about Malcolm Bunche! He's one of the top lineman in the nation and our primary offensive line target right now. He is actually planning a trip to Miami during the winter break. His Mother lives in Jacksonville so a visit is certain. I haven't heard an exact date yet, though.

Congratz UM. Hopefully he will help you guys continue to reach your former standing as a program. As a UF fan, I've enjoyed UF's recent dominance of the college football landscape and make no mistake about it, I absolutely loathe both UM and FSU. At the same time, it's nauseating to watch FSU lose to Georgia Tech and UM to North Carolina. When we meet, I want to absolutely crush you guys.

It's just not as much fun when you guys suck. ;) :up:

McKenzie is actually going to transfer along with Shawnbrey McNeal. This hasn't been made official yet but it is going to happen. I really hate that Shawnbrey McNeal is going to transfer because I have been his biggest fan since he stepped on campus.

Just letting you guys know...

McKenzie's transferring?? Where did you hear this from, and where is he gonna go?

That can only fuel the speculation that Marve is transferring too.

Shawnbrey showed some flashes last year, but I didn't see a whole lot of him this year. Was he injured, or just buried on the depth chart?

McKenzie's transferring?? Where did you hear this from, and where is he gonna go?

That can only fuel the speculation that Marve is transferring too.

Shawnbrey showed some flashes last year, but I didn't see a whole lot of him this year. Was he injured, or just buried on the depth chart?

Marve isn't going anywhere.

McKenzie is definitely transferring. I know a few players, I know a few really good friends of players, I know a few guys who are family of recruits. I don't open my mouth about news I get about the football program unless my source is very confident of what they're telling me. McKenzie is as good as gone. McKenzie wishes it could be different but from what I got, McKenzie and Shannon aren't seeing eye to eye. Once you're in Shannon's doghouse, it's tough to get out of it.

Shawnbrey McNeal is just another example of a guy in Shannon's doghouse. Like I said before, I've been one of Shawnbrey's biggest fans and supporters. I spoke to him briefly after the Miami - Duke game and let him know how excited I was to see him get in the end zone. Shawnbrey acted as if it he didn't care because he knew what was going down at the end of the season. I knew it as well.

That's another reason why I'm concerned about Aldarius Johnson. Johnson was suspended before the North Carolina State game for "violating team rules." Anytime a guy gets put in Shannon's doghouse, I get concerned about the future of the relationship. Shannon acts as if he doesn't have favorites but he does. That's how guys like Romeo Davis and Khalil Jones find their way back onto the field year after year.

Perhaps I'm overreacting about the Johnson situation. Johnson is going to get a little more pull that guys like McNeal and McKenzie because guys like Harris, Forston and Spence will have his back. I don't think the Johnson suspension will have future impact on the relationship between him and Shannon but I do worry a bit much about every aspect of this team.

But you can take it to the bank on the McKenzie and McNeal transfers. I don't know where either will transfer but I'm sure they're weighing their options. My guess is that McNeal will transfer to a D-II school in Texas if you can believe that. McKenzie? Not a clue yet.

I really hope Johnson doesnt go anywhere. He has quickly become one of my favorite players on the team, and I think that he has alot of potential.

Back
Top Bottom