*** Hurricane Recruiting News *** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Hurricane Recruiting News ***

Aldarius Johnson isn't going anywhere. Guaranteed. He screwed up, he knows it, he has apologized. Aldarius and Randy will move forward. Shawnbrey and Jermaine made mistakes and continued to bury themselves.

I don't know how many of you watched the Miami - Georgia Tech game, I didn't see it on TV because I was at the game, but apparently after Georgia Tech scored and the game was pretty much out of reach, the camera panned to the Miami sideline immediately after the Georgia Tech score and Jermaine McKenzie could be seen laughing. From what I've heard, that was the nail in the coffin for Jermaine McKenzie.

JCane - Thanks for the info. I hope you stick around this forum. It's always nice to have a reliable insider.

- KP

Here's an official updated recruit visit schedule for the Hurricanes:

12.02.2008 - 12.08.2008
Anthony Morgan
Roy Watts

12.09.2008 - 12.15.2008
Marcus Hall
William Campbell
Olivier Vernon
Brandon McGee
Mike James
Bobby Massie
Billy Sanders
Stephen Plein
Curtis Porter
Daniel Campbell
Antonio Harper
Jermaine Johnson
Prince Kent

01.06.2008 - 01.12.2008
Marcus Hall

01.13.2009 - 01.19.2009
Brandon Moore

01.20.2009 - 01.26.2009
Demontre Hurst
Malcolm Bunche
Kayvon Webster
Peter White

01.27.2009 - 02.02.2009
Rueben Randle

I still haven't heard anything about an official visit from Rueben Randle or Malcolm Bunche. I'm pretty sure that Malcolm Bunche will be taking his official visit during the Christmas break. As soon as I get a call about Randle's visit I'll be sure to get it here as soon as possible.

:up:

Here's an update on the Jermaine McKenzie and Shawnbrey McNeal situations:

The hot rumor about Jermaine McKenzie is that he is trying to transfer to Alabama. McNeal is believed to be transferring to TCU. Nothing is even being close to confirmed so take this for what it's worth.

McKenzie would be somewhat of a loss. I like McNeal too.

I think McNeal would be a good fit with Fresno State, but TCU isn't a bad school to land with either.

I mean, we've got alot of good wideouts, but I think McKenzie has great potential to do something. If he's in Shannon's doghouse though, there's no way of getting out. Still can't believe Shield's managed to get out.

What are your thoughts on Marve transferring?

By the way, thanks for keeping us informed.

Marve isn't transferring from what I've heard. The Miami Herald did report that Florida would covet Marve if that door opened. I just don't see him transferring to some other college and sitting out a year after he took the majority of the snaps at a major program as a redshirt Freshman. Quarterbacks who transfer are usually never heard from again. Also, there's a lot of smoke billowing about Nix being fired, let go, whatever you want to call it. I gotta think that Nix will not be back next season. After the North Carolina State game I felt like Patrick Nix would be back. I was almost 100% certain. But as the days keep passing and I continue to hear more and more I'm beginning to feel that he will not return. This is even more of a reason for Marve not to transfer. Marve is a smart kid. It won't take him long to pick up a new system.

McNeal to TCU makes sense because he's from Texas. That's the perfect style of offense for a kid with his abilities.

Sam was in the doghouse and Shannon threw him a bone on special teams and Sam made the best of it without complaining. Sam is now, in my opinion at least, our best player on special teams. He has completely taken away the opponent's return game on punt coverage. Because of that, he has gotten a few more snaps on offense and he's one of the primary reason we were able to win that game in Virginia.

McKenzie to Alabama makes sense because of his official visit to Alabama as a recruit and his soft committment to Alabama before signing his letter of intent with Miami.

Patrick Nix has in fact interviewed for the Auburn head coaching job. Auburn has stated that he is NOT a serious candidate for the position and that the interview was a "courtesy interview." I believe that this is a serious prelude to the end of his stay here at Miami. Sometimes Athletic Directors will give Alumni "courtesy interviews" to get that person's name out on the market. To me this says that Nix knows he is on his way out and that he probably requested an interview. If Toretta or Testaverde wanted to get their name out on the college market, they would do the same by asking UM Athletic Director, Kirby Hocutt, for the same interview.

Marcus Hall has confirmed an official visit as well. I updated it in the visit post above. Hall is an offensive lineman from Ohio. He's 6-5 290lbs and a four-star recruit. He has received an in-home visit from Coach Stoutland and he has spoken to Coach Hill as well. I wouldn't get too excited about this kid yet because Ohio State is hot for this kid as well and they're in his backyard. However, Hall has dwindled his list down to two: Miami and Ohio State.

01.06.2008 - 01.12.2008
Marcus Hall

What's the latest on Bryce Brown? I thought I had heard he wasn't leaning towards Miami anymore?

Yeah, that seems to be the nationwide rumor on Bryce Brown. Don't worry, that kid is a 'Cane. Remove all doubt about him coming to Miami, guys. He's going to take other official visits but that's about it. He plans to visit Purdue on January 17th and will take his official visit to Coral Gables the following weekend. He has already taken trips to Oregon, Missouri, and Clemson. I don't blame him for doing so because I think it's a once in a lifetime opportunity and he needs to ride it while he can. He's a celebrity. He is no longer arriving at college in January but Bryce remians a commit and will likely be on campus during the summer. Bryce has said numerous times that the most important thing to him is his brother, Arthur Brown. Rumors have spread likewildfire about Arthur being unhappy at Miami but I can promise you that is far from truth. Arthur loves it at Miami and hasn't even hinted about transferring or anything. I wouldn't be too concern with it at this point.

National Signing Day is less than two months away. February 4th, 2009. I expect Randy Shannon to really lock up some recruits after the Emerald Bowl.

I was hoping to have some news on Rueben Randle today but I don't know if that's going to happen now or not. I'm still trying to work that out but it may have to wait until late next week. As for now, I do know that Rueben still doesn't have a clear-cut favorite but I do know that we have a better shot than most people ever thought. Also, Rueben has taken over Matt Barkley, a Southern Cal commit, as the top player in the land. Barkley dropped to 11th. Bryce Brown moves from #3 to #2.

I've watched Matt Barkley play...he's going to be in the NFL one day as a franchise signal caller...best pure passer I've seen in high school in a few years. I think he'll start at USC from day one....if Sanchez goes to the NFL of course...

Alabama is on Randle pretty hot and heavy as well...Saban still has a little pull in Louisiana apparently...and LSU fans can't stand the thought of him coming over there and taking the states best player...lol.

Saban definitely has a lot of pull in Louisiana but also the country. Randle pretty much has it down to Oklahoma and Miami at this point though. I can say that he has a lot of Miami in his corner. It's still up in the air as to whether or not he decides to sign with the 'Canes. Like I said, I was hoping to get some more news on this today but it fell through on the other side. Hopefully I can get something late next week. Just put faith in the fact that it is highly possible that Randle ends up as a 'Cane.

And you're right about Barkley. I watched a lot of his recruiting videos and he's a solid quarterback. I just don't understand how he's managed to throw 18 interceptions this season?

I'm still not buying these Marve transfer rumors. There's still a lot of rumors out there. One now is that Marve will be suspended for the bowl game because of academics. A pretty reliable source said that there will be a player suspended for the game but that it is not Marve. I still keep hearing that it is Marve. But who really knows. Lately, I can't get a straight answer from anyone. I'm lost in all of this as well. I do know that Robert's Dad, Eugene, came down to have a face to face with Randy Shannon recently. I still don't know what was said and doubt that I will ever find out. That's information that Randy isn't going to let out to anyone. So unless Robert is out in the Grove one night discussing what was said, we'll probably never know for sure. Then again if Robert tells the world, that story will get so twisted by the time it gets to anyone outside of the family that it won't even be worth trying to figure out what's true and what's completely false. I wish I knew more about Marve's situation but it looks like we're all just going to have to play the waiting game after the Emerald Bowl—including Randy Shannon.

Back
Top Bottom