Hurting Dolphins Trying To Piece Together Plan For Khalil Mack | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurting Dolphins Trying To Piece Together Plan For Khalil Mack

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
i

Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase put his head down, let out a resigned chuckle, and uttered what every offensive coordinator thinks when Khalil Mack comes to town: "You're not going to slow him down."

http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolp...trying-to-piece-together-plan-for-khalil-mack

Figure out how to convert on 3rd & 1 and I'll call that significant progress.

Better yet, let's piece together a game plan on how to get into short yardage situations like that more often, rather than 3rd & 17 because of a holding penalty and the rare rushing attempt coming on 2nd & 20.

Figure out how to convert on 3rd & 1 and I'll call that significant progress.

Better yet, let's piece together a game plan on how to get into short yardage situations like that more often, rather than 3rd & 17 because of a holding penalty and the rare rushing attempt coming on 2nd & 20.
I was going to say 3rd and one? They're on 3rd and 12 more often than they're on 3rd and short.

Tough thing about Mack is how complete his game is. He's not a guy you can count on overrunning plays or running at, so you're pretty limited in how to scheme him - double teams, runs away, quick passes. Variation will be key, though.

Didn't we play against Mack last year and he was pretty much a non-factor?

Back
Top Bottom