Hyde5: Here's Why A Fast Start Looks Scheduled For Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Jul 5, 2018.

1. DKphin

DKphin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

The Dolphins have had some scheduling headaches out the gate in recent years, most notably last season, when they lost their home opener to Hurricane Irma and their first three games were at Los Angeles, at New York and in London.

Here are the first three games:

Home vs. Tennessee at 1 p.m.

Away at New York Jets

Home vs. Oakland at 1 p.m.

This year is the opposite. They’ve got a good schedule that helps chances of a strong start. Two-and-one? Three-and-0? Well, they should be favored in their first three games, assuming nothing awful happens before the Sept. 9 opener.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-hyde5-dolphins-start-20180705-story.html

malok, Danny68 and Ray R like this.
  2. Fins1971

Fins1971 C'mon Dolphins Finheaven VIP

Actually Tennessee is favored in home opener. Winnable game though. Agreed on chances of good start.

Ray R likes this.
  3. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

It is odd they pick Jesse Davis as the team's biggest weakness, he may not even be the O-line's biggest weakness

finitis23, rickd13 and Ray R like this.
  4. sunworshipper

sunworshipper FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

He has a lot less experience than the other four starters. I wouldn't call it a weakness, more like the biggest risk/unknown on the OL.

rent this space likes this.
  5. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Oakland is the ? For me. We don't know how good they will be. Same as us though

6. JahnDho

JahnDho Well-Known Member

TN and OAK are two potential playoff teams. If you think they can have a fast start then you really are single minded. I get it, anyone can win any given Sunday...it’s the NFL blah blah blah. But to expect it is another thing. Also left off that they play NE week 4 too. Could be 1-3 after the first quarter of the season.

7. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Tennessee lost their stud tackle and Murray is gone too. I fully expect Tennessee to take a step backwards this year

Ray R likes this.
  8. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Agree that this is a great set up to start the season and build some momentum. Gotta stash some wins early if we want to get to 10.

Etuoo33 and Ray R like this.
  9. Wishfishin

Wishfishin Waterboy

I like the fact that TN and OAK games are in our house. I'd say 2-1 is a reasonable expectation.

joenhre and Ray R like this.
  10. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos Donator

Oakland is traveling to Miami week 3, after traveling to Denver Week 2.

joenhre and Ray R like this.
  11. Ruckus45

Ruckus45 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Haven’t really looked at this yet but I do like it. I always like seeing west coast teams traveling east early in the season too. They’ll still be getting in their rhythm as a team only to have it jolted with a time change, long trip, and hot weather.

I see 3-0 is possible and hope they pull it off. It’d be fun to watch nfln and ESPN lose their minds.

The Goat, joenhre, Ray R and 2 others like this.
  12. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Miami is also a potential playoff team. You say we are single minded but you seem single minded as far as being pessimistic about everything phins related... try some optimistism.

jtoomuch, joenhre, El Calebra and 4 others like this.
  13. finfan41

finfan41 Rookie Finheaven VIP

The thing with Oakland is we don’t know what to expect from Gruden sense he’s been gone 10 years as a coach, also which Carr will show up 2016 before injury, or 2017 after injury, he seemed to be playing scared last year, dumping the ball off if he even sniffed pressure

14. FinaticalOne

FinaticalOne DieHard FinFan 4 Life

I feel confident they can get off to a fast start too. I know things can change drastically one year to the next. We played all three teams last year, beat two of them and could've beaten the third (had they not beat themselves.)

Tennessee (we beat last year) @ MIami: Tennessee is dealing with a devastating loss to their LT position. Their top 2 WRs are Corey Daivs and Rishard Matthews. They still have Delanie Walker; and their RBs are Derrick Henry, and Dion Lewis. On paper, the Fins have made improvements on D to improve it's overall speed, and stop TEs in the passing game. The key will be to stop the running game and a scrambling QB. Fins win this one.

Miami at Jets (split last year). Top 2 Wrs are Quincy Enunwa and Robbie Anderson (who may be suspended). Top TE is Jordan Leggett. RBs are Isaiah Crowell and Bilal Powell. This early in the season, I expect Josh McCown to start at QB. Although I like their RBs, they can't do it on their own. However, this is a division game, and the Fins can't afford to play down to their level, or they will lose on the road. The key once again is stopping the run game.

Oakland (lost to them) @ Miami. Last year, this game frustrated me, IMO they beat themselves more than the Raiders beat them. Now Gruden is back in black which should make things interesting. The Raiders have a really good O-line. Top WRs are Jordy Nelson, Amari Cooper, and Martavis Bryant. TE is Jared Cook, and the RBs are Marshawn Lynch and Doug Martin. QB is Derek Carr. Our secondary will face it's first real test of the season, going up against these veteran receivers, and the front seven will be challenged by a tough running game. The Fins will be tasked to handle it's toughest test (so far) against possibly a very balanced attack. But a West Coast team coming over to play in the Miami heat will hurt them. I like the Fins at home in this game.

joenhre, Ray R, BSQ and 2 others like this.
  15. superphin

superphin don't go clown shoes on us Finheaven VIP

Murray being gone may not be such a bad thing. They have that big behemoth who IMO was better than Murray last year. Without Murray, Derrick Henry may just have himself a breakout year.

DolfanDuBbZ~, Ray R and Travis34 like this.