Hypothetical draft scenario/question? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hypothetical draft scenario/question?

Name the successful NFL franchise QB’s since Namath and Stabler in the 60’s at Alabama ?

I’m not suggesting Tua won’t succeed... just suggesting the season is young and to presume he is the top prospect is premature....

I’m sure a draft guru like you would agree with that?

Who was Kyler Murray this time last year?

Also... performances against Duke and New Mexico State behind a loaded Alabama team is a bit like thinking Lamar Jackson’s perfect QBR is his norm against a joke of a Dolphin team.

Well you may not be aware, but he’s got more on tape than just Duke & NMSU.

Who were the successful NFL franchise QB’s at Cal before Aaron Rodgers? I remember Alabama beating Steve Bartkowski 66-0 but that’s about it.

What an individual athlete decides as far as returning to school or not should not affect how we approach the draft. The FO and coaches need to put their board together with the players that are eligible. Positional need and available player will determine if any trade possibility is taken or turned down.

Personally I would like to see Fromm somewhere in the mix. I will admit that comes from last year as I haven't had the ability to watch any college ball yet this season. I also don't think its an automatic fail if we don't take a QB in the first this year if there is an all world DE there. Ill be waiting and seeing and probably complaining...

Justin Fields looks really legit too as a 2021 option that class could be loaded

I think if I’m trading out and I’m only considering it if tua goes back to school I’m still trying to stay in the top 5 in the process.

I can land plenty of ammo moving from 1 to 3 or 5 even and land a stud skill player in tbe process.

But man is it gonna be a long 2020 season. Two years of hold your nose football. Not sure the ticker can take that.

So you're saying build a great O-Line that will make any middling QB look good?

Yep...if you consider Rosen 'middling'.

You put any QB in this draft behind this line and we still score 10 points (maybe)...and the opponent still.scores 59.

Well you may not be aware, but he’s got more on tape than just Duke & NMSU.

Who were the successful NFL franchise QB’s at Cal before Aaron Rodgers? I remember Alabama beating Steve Bartkowski 66-0 but that’s about it.

No I get that....but I would like to see 2019 play out before I deem Tua the answer...it’s looking good that we’re going to get our choice.

Craig Morton...Cowboys & Bronco’s, started Super Bowl 5 and 12.....Vince Feragamo started Super Bowl 14 for the Rams...Jared Goff and of course Aaron Rodgers..

Of course... no one would compare California’s overall team talent to Alabama’s year to year.

1. Trade back a few spots for 2021 pick/s.

2. Target Andrew Wilson, Jerry Jeudy or Chase Edwards - all areas of need.

3. Start FitzRosen for another year.

4. Target Tua or Lawrence in 2021, using picks to trade up if required.

It's a good question. Honestly, it comes down to evaluations on the quarterbacks other than Tua.

If Miami isn't high on the other quarterbacks, maybe trade down and continue to stockpile picks.

I think what Miami WOULD do is turn in the Herbert card.

I didn’t say anything about what I think they should do.

Frankly I think there’s a possibility they turn in that Herbert card regardless.
I could see that.

I think if I’m trading out and I’m only considering it if tua goes back to school I’m still trying to stay in the top 5 in the process.

I can land plenty of ammo moving from 1 to 3 or 5 even and land a stud skill player in tbe process.

But man is it gonna be a long 2020 season. Two years of hold your nose football. Not sure the ticker can take that.
It just feels so hopeless right now. After one game I'm already checking out draft sites.

Plus, we have to depend on the front office making the right decisions.

If the FO is enamored with Tau and no other QB (and no reason they shouldn't be enamored with Tau) but Tau isn't an option....then they should do what we should have already done this year......address the OL and perhaps, the DL some.

Trade down a few spots, get an extra pick, then get your franchise LT with our first pick in the first round and our franchise RT with the second pick in the first round. Draft a pair of OG's with our second round picks.

In some ways I'd rather we spend in FA for proven OL talent as we seem to stink drafting OL guys outside the first round. I can roll with Kilgore and Bohem at center.

I DON'T want to see skill players (outside of QB) drafted until OL and DL are fixed. I'd want to rebuild in this order, QB, OL, DL, RB, blocking FB, blocking TE, Kicker, Punter (the last five can be late round picks and still be studs)....THEN skill guys and a few FA vets for character and leadership.

Just my two cents and of course it all depends on the draft class and how things break.

It all depends on the development of Josh Rosen , If Rosen pans out nicely we will draft a QB in the third round. grier and flores will get the 3 best O linemen in the draft with the first 5 picks a CB and a DE. that would be super nice.

I hope everyone also takes into consideration South Beach and the type of locker room that Flores/Grier are trying to build. Like NE, they want guys that show up to work, not party. Even Gronk kept it quiet until the offseason.

Which QB fits that role better? The interviews will have a lot to do with who they take at #1 at QB.

Right now I predict Fromm. But Tua is a close second. But if he comes in with ANY diva attitude, they will pass.

Back
Top Bottom