Hypothetical: Miami #1 Offense in 2015 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hypothetical: Miami #1 Offense in 2015

Ive never understood why anyone would reference shooting loads on a message board as a good thing...and worse others back it up

:idk:

Must be an acquired taste :lol:

9hUIvWy.gif

While I like our offense's potential a lot we are going to face top 5 defenses at least 4x this year against NYJ and BUF. Seriously our division is no joke.

Also if we are simply going on paper there is no doubt that Indy is going to have the best offense.

6600 total yards would only get you #1 in 2014.

2014: New Orleans 6582
2013: Denver 7317
2012: New England 6846
2011: New Orleans 7474

Try and come up with another 1000 yards before you think that Dolphins hitting the tops in total yardage for the season is a real possibility.

6600 total yards would only get you #1 in 2014.

2014: New Orleans 6582
2013: Denver 7317
2012: New England 6846
2011: New Orleans 7474

Try and come up with another 1000 yards before you think that Dolphins hitting the tops in total yardage for the season is a real possibility.

****. offense is down. quick NFL, change the rules

Whatever about figuring out which personnel would carry the load, the big question with our offense is do we have enough chunk plays to fit 412 yards worth into every game?

If 2014 is the template, I doubt it. If we become more vertical, then top 10 might be a consideration.

Whatever about figuring out which personnel would carry the load, the big question with our offense is do we have enough chunk plays to fit 412 yards worth into every game?

If 2014 is the template, I doubt it. If we become more vertical, then top 10 might be a consideration.

I think there is potential for the team to rack up more big plays, but we're not going to find that using Jarvis Landry as a primary option on 3 yard crossers.

It's funny, but one of the most overlooked areas of potential offensive improvement is Bill Lazor. He's still very inexperienced as an OC and there are definite areas where I think he can -- and probably will -- improve this season.

Possible....I would like to average more then 8 wins though

That would he nice. I just want to move the ball effectively, and score TD's. And go deep into the playoffs.

Possible....I would like to average more then 8 wins though

If our defense plays the way it did down the stretch, 8-8 would be about what we'd manage with the best offense in football. :idk:

A perfect passer rating to Gen0. Ugh.

If our defense plays the way it did down the stretch, 8-8 would be about what we'd manage with the best offense in football. :idk:

A perfect passer rating to Gen0. Ugh.

Geno Smith....on the cusp of greatness

Yes, it's a crazy scenario. But let's say the o-line holds up, the new catch radius receivers pair up well with Tannehill, and the Miami Dolphins offense takes off.

In order to have the #1 offense (yards), they'd need about 6,600 total yards. Here's how those yards could be distributed..

u6vAkjb.jpg

Fun with numbers.

4700 yards passing has been achieved only 26 times in NFL history. However, 20 of those seasons have been achieved by players who are still in the league (including a trio of Matts: Ryan, Stafford and Schaub. Yes, Matt Schaub threw for 4700 yards once :lol:).

So in other words it can be done. But if Ryan Tannehill is going to do it, he's probably going to have to raise his YPA. A lot. At the 6.9 YPA he posted last year Tannehill would have to throw the ball at least 682 times to pass for 4700 yards. That's 92 more attempts than he had last year and would be the third most attempts in a season in NFL history.

On the other hand, if Tannehill's number of attempts do not go up (his 590 attempts was 9th in the NFL last year), Tannehill would have to boost his YPA to 7.96 to reach 4700 yards. 7.96 would have been been good enough for 5th in the NFL last year, just ahead of Peyton Manning (who, coincidentally, attempted 597 passes -- for 4727 yards).

So that's basically what you're asking for here. That 2015 Ryan Tannehill mimics the production of 2014 Peyton Manning.

Fun with numbers.

4700 yards passing has been achieved only 26 times in NFL history. However, 20 of those seasons have been achieved by players who are still in the league (including a trio of Matts: Ryan, Stafford and Schaub. Yes, Matt Schaub threw for 4700 yards once :lol:).

So in other words it can be done. But if Ryan Tannehill is going to do it, he's probably going to have to raise his YPA. A lot. At the 6.9 YPA he posted last year Tannehill would have to throw the ball at least 682 times to pass for 4700 yards. That's 92 more attempts than he had last year and would be the third most attempts in a season in NFL history.

On the other hand, if Tannehill's number of attempts do not go up (his 590 attempts was 9th in the NFL last year), Tannehill would have to boost his YPA to 7.96 to reach 4700 yards. 7.96 would have been been good enough for 5th in the NFL last year, just ahead of Peyton Manning (who, coincidentally, attempted 597 passes -- for 4727 yards).

So that's basically what you're asking for here. That 2015 Ryan Tannehill mimics the production of 2014 Peyton Manning.

Yes, pretty much. However, I'm not saying that Tannehill himself will improve much as a passer. I'm saying his numbers will be much better because he'll finally be surrounded by strong catch radius receivers that match his skillset.

In other words, I think that Miami's 2015 offense could really shock the NFL, not because of individual talent, but because the pieces finally fit each other.

If we had the same receivers as last year (Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Clay), I would not be optimistic about the Miami offense.

So if the Miami offense starts the season healthy, with LT Branden Albert back to his usual form, then I'll say 60% chance Miami ends up with a top 5 offense, and within that, 10% chance Miami ends up with the #1 offense in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom