Hypothetical Situation | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hypothetical Situation

We got our first rd. pick next year a year earlier. I doubt there's any qb in next years draft that would be rated higher than Losman. Add to the fact Losman will have a year of learning under his belt compared to the qb we would've taken next year ( if we didn't get Losman). In essense we got Losman for a 2nd and 5th pick. That's not a lot to give up.

Justasportsfan said:
We got our first rd. pick next year a year earlier. I doubt there's any qb in next years draft that would be rated higher than Losman. Add to the fact Losman will have a year of learning under his belt compared to the qb we would've taken next year ( if we didn't get Losman). In essense we got Losman for a 2nd and 5th pick. That's not a lot to give up.

thats a nice justificaiton for possibly the worst draft day trade of the year :roflmao:

That's plenty enough to give up for me to take the trade if I'm a GM. Then again, I don't have to worry about my job...

Justasportsfan said:

Hey, Im just joking aorund there. Didnt mean to be a d!ck. :)

:peace:

Surferosa said:
Hey, Im just joking aorund there. Didnt mean to be a d!ck. :)

:peace:
No problemo. :D Could you spin what I just spun? :couch:

Justasportsfan said:

It's actually a 1st, 2nd and 5th. I don't think I would of made the trade, hell most Fin Fans were pissed they gave up a 4th to move up one spot to get a needed player.

PhinPhreak said:
It's actually a 1st, 2nd and 5th. I don't think I would of made the trade, hell most Fin Fans were pissed they gave up a 4th to move up one spot to get a needed player.
like I said, we would've taken a qb next year if we didn't get Losman. In orther words we just got him a year earlier.

"Well as a Bills fan you have had a lot of practice. "

Pot calling the kettle......

Having the best talent for years and nothing to show for it.

Justasportsfan said:
like I said, we would've taken a qb next year if we didn't get Losman. In orther words we just got him a year earlier.

"Well as a Bills fan you have had a lot of practice. "

Pot calling the kettle......

Having the best talent for years and nothing to show for it.

Nothing to spin there, bad coaching and a lot of underachieving. :D

Justa, for your sake, I hope you are right about Losman...I see too many holes in his game for the picks you gave up....but, having a year to learn the pro game with Bledsoe will be good for the young guy....I just hope that if Bledsoe/the rest of your offense tanks, that you don't throw him in there....I smell a Ryan Leaf if you do...

As far as the original trade scenario for us, we would not have gone after Welbourn because his issue was money, and we don't have the money to pay our own players yet....I'd rather sign Carey to a rookie contract and still be able to sign Ogun and CC....

LarryFinFan said:
....I smell a Ryan Leaf if you do...

I agree or Jim Kelly. Having Sam Wyche doesn't hurt either or Tom Clements who made probowlers out of Maddox and Rupaul, I mean Kordell. We'll have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom