Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Bates should be deported from this country

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
I am just curious what would be the outcry from Dolphans if we lose Sunday in regaurds to our coaching staff. Would everyone overlook the fact that we had the best RB in the NFL, the Best DE in the NFL, and the most pro bowl selections in the AFC, and still bleave in Dave and Co? Or would most Dolphans think this has been the biggest misuse of talent, and hope Dave gets kicked out on his tail?

You can't call it a misuse of talent when you're backup QB goes 2-4. Even if we lose, Jay would be 7-3 for the year. If he played a full year he would average like a 12-4 record, which would easily make us the first seed.

I'd welcome Dave back next year.I think that besides the Lucas era, we've been okay.

We have to give him a chance to redeem himslef although it would be tough....the only way I can see us wanting to kick him out is if he chooses to kick instead of recieve in OT becuz of the wind.

Players who play for championship-winning coaches have the fear of God instilled in them when it comes to personal fouls, taunting penalties and most any error avoidable through mental discipline. Our guys f*ck up bad and then just trot off the field. If you can't command the respect of players in this area, Dave, step aside.

I'm not qualified to judge a defensive coordinator, but if I were Wayne Huizenga I'd demand strong evidence that Bates and his approach are the best we can do with this talent.

Players who play for championship-winning coaches have the fear of God instilled in them when it comes to personal fouls, taunting penalties and most any error avoidable through mental discipline. Our guys f*ck up bad and then just trot off the field. If you can't command the respect of players in this area, Dave, step aside.

I'd have to agree with you here.There has been times that I just felt our team wasn't disciplined enough.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
You can't call it a misuse of talent when you're backup QB goes 2-4. Even if we lose, Jay would be 7-3 for the year. If he played a full year he would average like a 12-4 record, which would easily make us the first seed.

See I just don't think this could be a strong excuse. Sure Ray sucked against Buffalo like no other QB has sucked before. After that he didn't play up to Jay's level, but he deffinitly wasn't the only we lost 3 more games. Look at Philly this year. Andy Reid will win coach of the year because he made his team step up after their franchise went down. They are 5-0 since Mcnabb broke his ankle and 4-0 with their 3rd sting QB. Look back at the Buffalo teams of the early '90s. I think they actully got stronger when Reich was in because there was a since of urgency from the other stars on that team. Both those teams rely alot more than we do on the passing game.

I just think you have to look at the coaching staff and the players around Lucas for the slump when Jay went down. No one stepped up. Great teams overcome adversity, and we didn't. As the saying goes every great sucsess story starts with a failure.

Those Eagles QBs played much better than Lucas. The Eagles wouldn't have won any games either if the QB was throwing picks, fumbling hand offs or throwing the ball into the ground.

Originally posted by Merman
Those Eagles QBs played much better than Lucas. The Eagles wouldn't have won any games either if the QB was throwing picks, fumbling hand offs or throwing the ball into the ground.

Actully Feely threw 2 ints and fumbled another ball away yesterday and they won. AJ and Ray are seperated by 5 rating points, so your argument isn't that sound. Yes Feeley has played a little better, but I think you can put more of that on his teamates stepping up around him.

Anywho the people have spoken, so I will shut the mouth on this subject.

I really had no idea I was so hated. At least I left an impression.

"I will welcome Dave to redeem himself next year"

But note that it didn't say anything about Bates... I have a much better idea of what to use that razor for.... C'mere Bates... I got something for ya! :evil:

I dont know too much about the x's and o's of football. If u are an opposing Qb playing the Dolphins u will know exactly where all the Dolphins defensive players are and where the blitz (if there is one is) coming from. This has to be a problem doesnt it??? Sounds too me like knowing where all the defense is would be half the battle. ON a team where we are supposed to have a defensive head coach and a defensive co-ordinator why do we have such a simple defense? All last year we got toasted by the running game, cuz our team couldn't implement a 8 man box...now WTF is that???? Then u have other teams coming up with new game plans every week???? I dont know how any of this makes sense...Are our players stupid, is it the coaches? I know i dont know alot about football, but I've watched alot and am interestd about learning more so if anyone can explain the answers to my questions that would be great.

Originally posted by stan marino
I dont know too much about the x's and o's of football. If u are an opposing Qb playing the Dolphins u will know exactly where all the Dolphins defensive players are and where the blitz (if there is one is) coming from. This has to be a problem doesnt it??? Sounds too me like knowing where all the defense is would be half the battle. ON a team where we are supposed to have a defensive head coach and a defensive co-ordinator why do we have such a simple defense? All last year we got toasted by the running game, cuz our team couldn't implement a 8 man box...now WTF is that???? Then u have other teams coming up with new game plans every week???? I dont know how any of this makes sense...Are our players stupid, is it the coaches? I know i dont know alot about football, but I've watched alot and am interestd about learning more so if anyone can explain the answers to my questions that would be great.

An 8 man box as you put it is quite simple. All it means is you are bringing a safety closer to the line, so he can play the run, but he is neglecting the deep pass. Our D is simple by desing. It is the same D that Dave used to win SBs in Dallas. It calls for a quick D, and is basicly saying our athletes on defense are better than your athletes on offense, try to prove us wrong. The problem is it is an old scheme, and we have a few week links, so offenses have taken advantage of it and found ways thru the past 12 years to move the ball on it. The Blitzing is the major problem in my eyes. We have about 1 sack all year from a blitzer. That is horrendis! Our blitzes have been more predictable than the latest star wars trilogy.

Back
Top Bottom