• Dave and Bates should never be allowed in Miami again

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Dajesus should stick accums razor up his caboose and shut up

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Bates should be deported from this country

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So what ur saying is we are useing an out of date style of defense, so we do need to get rid of both Wanny and Bates? I know i'm goin to get yelled at by a few people, but I would love for Parcells to come to coach here. I think alot of the stupid little things that have been goin on would be fixed. Fumbles, telecasted blitzes, penalties, telecasted defensive schemes, etc, etc...I personally believe the coaches are to blame, and something does need to be done. I know people will blame Lucas, but who picked Lucas and scaled back all the plays, so not only does the other team know what we are goin to do on defense they get to know what we are doin on offense. I know I'm just bitching, but if we dont make the playoffs somethings gotta change right?

Originally posted by Dajesus
Actully Feely threw 2 ints and fumbled another ball away yesterday and they won. AJ and Ray are seperated by 5 rating points, so your argument isn't that sound. Yes Feeley has played a little better, but I think you can put more of that on his teamates stepping up around him.

Yes but fortunately they were playing the Cowboys who graciously gave the Eagles one more turn over than they received.

Most of the defensive schemes in the NFL can be considered very old. That does not mean obsolete. Considering that the Dolphin D is third in the league after a loss, most of the other defensive schemes are giving up more yards than Miami's.

The Miami coaches are not that fond of blitzing but if there is pressure there is not that much need to chance the big play just to blitz. In the beginning of the year there was no pressure and no blitzing. To their credit they did make the adjustment. I do agree that some of the blitzes should be jazzed up a bit. But Wannstedt (and help ??) is conservative or maybe saving the best for when really needed??

Maimi has many good players but they still need to be coached and put in position to make the plays. IMO 6 players going to the pro bowl is also a reflection of the coaching staff and not the players alone. Ricky was bad mouthed about not being able to break the big run in New Orleans. Now in Miami he is doing it often with 200 yard games. Do you really think he did this all by himself???

I agree that at times this team has play with out disiplin, but to lay all blame for that on the coaches is rediculas. This aint your dad's NFL. The players are, for the most part, more egotistical, they don't accept disiplin. IMHO Dave and the coaching staff has tried to get them to stop the stupid mistakes, but if the players don't want to listen there is very little the coaches can do about it, short of benching players. Then they don't give the team the best chance of winning by doing they. So what can a coach do?

A loss in NE if we get blown out would turn more eyes to Dave and question him as a good head coach. An early season collapse next year would seal Daves fate.

i think you have to fire dave i think hes a pretty good coach he jsut cant motavate his players though. i think we should get jimmy johnson back as head caoch and put dave at d coordinater lol

Originally posted by t2thejz
i think you have to fire dave i think hes a pretty good coach he jsut cant motavate his players though. i think we should get jimmy johnson back as head caoch and put dave at d coordinater lol

I liked Jimmy but his record at Miami is not as good as Wannstedt's. What I didn't like was Jimmy's disrespect for Dolphin tradition. That should be a requirement for any new coach. :p

Like I said earlier.. I have no problem with Dave... my problem is the Defensive scheeming (or rather the lack of it) that is coming from Bates.

You can't let the offense constantly dictate matchups, no matter how superior our Players are, teams with good offenses will find and exploit the weak links.

Fortunately for us, the Raiders didn't figure that out untill late in the Phins/Raiders game. But KC, Buffalo, and Minnisota all figured it out a little sooner.

Fletcher is improving, but he's still not ready to cover guys like Moss and Harrison, and our scheeme (or lack thereof) is allowing Offenses to dictate just that kind of matchup.

This is the best defensive team that weve had in 20 years. I honestly dont know what some of you are talking about.

Heres some news - Our QB went down and we played miserably for six games in his absence. Theres your scapegoat for a once very promsing season. Its clear as day. Why go and blame Wanny, Bates and the Defense when its obvious the reason we are fighting for our playoff lives is poor QB relief?

It would be an absolute joke to consider firing Bates after the kind of season our defense has given us. THEN we would be the laughingstocks of the league. Yes, the Minni game was disapppointing from a defensive standpoint. The second half was one of our worst defensive halfs of the season. However, it was the exception not the rule. Imagine the Raiders firing their coach and Offensive coordinator for failing to move the ball against the Miami defense last week. Ridiculous. Just ridiculous. They would look like absolute fools.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have the number 3 D in the league, yet everyone has a complaint.Remember the majority of Marino's years, anyone?

If it ain't broke ,don't fix it.The ranking of third tells me,"It ain't broke".Yeah, I'd like to see more blitzes, but what we have has worked thus far.

Welcome to BIZARRO NFL TODAY, produced and directed by the Finheaven forum, hosted by Dajesus. The show where YOU - the Finheaven members - control the fate of NFL Franchises.

And now, for some Late breaking news....THIS JUST IN:

Bucs DEF coordinator canned - Inability to stop Tommy Maddox was the begining of the end. "The defense isnt very aggressive", FINHEAVEN members unanimously voted late Monday Night.

McNabb contract revoked by Eagles - City of Philadelphia elects to give AJ Feely a 100 million contract after the Eagles recent success. In another development, FinHeaven reports that Donovan McNabb cant find work as a QB anywhere in the league. "Hes yesterdays news", a longtime FINHEAVEN veteran was heard saying.

Faulk cut by Rams/.....poor season led to dismissal, insiders report. "He was never that good", an anonymous Finheaven supporter was overheard saying.

Saints to move to Demoises Iowa - disappointing losses too much to bear, local residents admit, backed by Finheaven's Lousiana Contingency.

Culpepper voted NFL MVP over Gannon, Holmes - The FINHEAVEN staff unexpectedly named Vikes QB Dante Culpepper the NFL MVP for the 2002-3 season. "hes the best, no question" Dajesus's spontaneously muttered. When reminded of Culpeppers struggles throughout much of the season, Dajesus's paused, "who can remember that far back? The kid looked great today."

Coming up next - Janet Jackson to sing a remake of her 80's hit "What have you done for me lately"

;) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty clever Sufer, but I was just trying to gauge the fan support of our coach. Isn't Dolphans opions the point of finheaven? Does anyone have delusions about their opions makeing a differince in how the team is run? I think not.

It does seem a little silly questioning the job of coach that has lead his team to 3 straight winning seasons. The problem is if you look closer there is something seriously wrong in Miami. Miami total point scored puts them ranked 9th in the NFL. Total points allowed ranks them 4th in the NFL. Miami has the NFL leading rusher. Miami has the NFL leader in sacks. Miami has the the CB with the 2nd most ints in the NFL. Miami has the AFC's best 6 pro bowlers. All that being said Miami will most likely miss the playoffs if they lose a very tough road game next sunday.

I am sorry if I don't accept the scape goat, but it really shouldn't kill a team that has the NFL's leading rusher and the leagues 4th best defense. Philly couln't say that, and they will still take homefeild advantage in the playoffs. NE couldn't say that last year when thier star QB went down last year, but they won the SB. If you don't blame the coaching staff at all for the horrible play of Lucas then you are a little misguided.

Back
Top Bottom