• Dave and Bates should never be allowed in Miami again

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Dajesus should stick accums razor up his caboose and shut up

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Bates should be deported from this country

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just kiddin' around Dajesus. You know I really like your posts and value your opinion.

To me its simple - Our QB went down, and our backup didnt get the job done. Thats the whole story. We went 2-4 in that span, when winning one more game would have clinched the division and put us a game away from Home field throughout the playoffs. Then we're not even having this discussion. Besides, in 3 of the 4 losses during that span, our defense actually played quite well.

So if you have to point the finger, point it at the backup QB. Problem is, everyone is all worked up, and were looking to blame anyone and everyone for being in this situation. I dont think thats fair; we all know how we got into this situation.

At some point winning in the regular season and having good stats shouldnt be enough for the dolphins management. It already isnt enough for the dolphins fans, and i'm not refering to just on this board. Look at the playoff games that couldnt be sold out. Tampa Bay had enough of their regular season team and fired a pretty good coach for it. Personally i think our whole defense could go to the probowl, it wouldnt make a lick of difference at the end of the year. Last year I know the Pats won the superbowl, hey who made the probowl? Thats right who cares!!!! Lee Flowers comment about the Tampa Bay Bucs being paper champions would probably be a very accurate assessment of our beloved dolphins. Everyone wants to blame Lucas, but other than one loss our team really never took it up a notch to compensate for the loss of Fiedler. In a season where the Rams, and the Eagles have 3rd string Qb's winning for them, it doesnt seem like a good excuse. Winning in the regular season in Miami hasnt been the problem, and everyone knows that.

In defense of the Bucs, Brad Johnson was out. If any team can empathize with the Bucs regarding the alue of their starting QB. its us.

I kinda meant how Flowers had said that last year and the Bucs have gone out and made the change last year. Obviously not cuz of Flowers, but just cuz they felt it was time to make a change to get to the next level.

Originally posted by Surferosa
Just kiddin' around Dajesus. You know I really like your posts and value your opinion.

To me its simple - Our QB went down, and our backup didnt get the job done. Thats the whole story. We went 2-4 in that span, when winning one more game would have clinched the division and put us a game away from Home field throughout the playoffs. Then we're not even having this discussion. Besides, in 3 of the 4 losses during that span, our defense actually played quite well.

So if you have to point the finger, point it at the backup QB. Problem is, everyone is all worked up, and were looking to blame anyone and everyone for being in this situation. I dont think thats fair; we all know how we got into this situation.

Does anyone really expect your back up QB to come in and tear up the NFL? The Bills game he took us out of, but he only threw 2 more ints in the next 5 games. He didn't play well by anymeans, but he didn't single handedly lose anymore games. You would just think that team that had the best running game, and a great defense could rally around their back up QB, and we didn't. I just think Ray is a scape goat, but scape goats usually take the fall to devert attention away from the bigger problem.

I think you have it mixed up, Dajesus. The defense gave up 13 points in the Jets game, with the one TD happening when Lucas turned the ball over inside his own 10. The DEF gave up 17 points to GB (another 7 were scored off a Lucas INT). And theres absolutely no question that the first Bills game was the fault of Lucas (6 turnovers).

So yes, the defense maintained its high level of play throughout most of Fiedler's six game absence. So theres no bigger problem here - at least not with regards to our Defense.

I'm curious about whatever became of the ballyhooed veteran leadership on our team when it comes to fellow teammates picking their pockets and stealing bread from their kids' mouths by committing STUPID penalties and mistakes.

I blame Dave first and foremost for tolerating those things. In fact, I cast my vote here to dump his ass if his team loses Sunday not because I want him gone, but because I wish to be a part of a minor groundswell sending him a message.

Yards and POINTS aren't things individuals have any right to give up. They belong to the TEAM. A player who steals yards and points from his team oughta rue the moment and KNOW it's gonna hurt him personally.

Call 'em out, Dave, -- or Zach or Tim or Tim or Jay or Jason or Mark or Sam or Norv or Jim. And if necessary, Wayne.

HEY, SPECIAL TEAMERS! ARE YOU GUYS LISTENING, TOO???

I saw Parcells mentioned as a good alternative to Wanny. I agree. Gimmee the Tuna, Norv and whoever Tuna wants at DC and I'm ready to cheer my ass off. Parcells' players knew discipline was expected, or would be imposed.

sorry about the snooty remark Phan4ever. Im just worn out from all the whining and finger pointing and blaming thats going on the board.

We are on the brink of winning the AFC EAST. Cant all this wait one more week? Let him lose the final game before you start calling for a replacement. Thats all im saying.

We havent lost a thing yet and this board is acting as if we did a belly flop. We control our own destny for goodness sake.

Originally posted by Surferosa
sorry about the snooty remark Phan4ever. Im just worn out from all the whining and finger pointing and blaming thats going on the board.

We are on the brink of winning the AFC EAST. Cant all this wait one more week? Let him lose the final game before you start calling for a replacement. Thats all im saying.

We havent lost a thing yet and this board is acting as if we did a belly flop. We control our own destny for goodness sake.

First good counter point made in this thread. You are right. Eventhough my thinkng was any thing short of a first round bye would be a failure, but anything can happen once the games start. I think I have finnaly shaken the disapointment from losing Sat.

Surf, it's not like I'm calling for Wanny's head. I don't mean that I literally want him out and a Parcells in. I don't profess to have an opinion with enough dolphins/football knowledge behind it to be able to judge these guys with more than a typical fan's opinion.

But consider the main thing I've been railing about in my posts in this thread: the team is making dumb mistakes -- XFL-worthy mistakes -- that shouldn't happen in the first place, yet they seem to happen week after week.

Don't you have the same frustration, and don't you think a coaching staff ought to be able to get these readily apparent problems rectified a bit?

And if so, how would you rein these things in if you were Wanny?

Come on people it has gotten close I only need 3 more voted to fire Dave, and I will be redeemed.

PHAN, your point about dumb mistakes (penalties, etc) is 100% valid. Theres no excuse for those kinds of mistakes continuing to haunt us. The same is true wirh regards to falling on fumbles. I know Dave is fed up with players trying to run with the ball rather than falling on it, but lets see what happens the next time a loose ball is on the ground. Will the players do as Dave has been preaching? Did Dave get the message across??

Back
Top Bottom