I am liking this offseason so far because... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am liking this offseason so far because...

outtawack311

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We are showing that we will not ignore the offense and that we will upgrade the o-line,wr and QB. This is what everyone wanted for this and the past 3 offseasons and finally it looks like it will happen. Every QB we pass we show extreme interest in (Rivers EXTRA long talk, Ramsey offering the pick and Dinner with Henson, Talks with Ray). I am definitely liking this already.

You and me both man.....this is exciting as he//.....We are going to get a NEW QB!!!!! :party:

March 3rd and 4th should be an exciting couple of days for us with all these deals people are making before it's legal to completely them.

Originally posted by outtawack311
We are showing that we will not ignore the offense and that we will upgrade the o-line,wr and QB. This is what everyone wanted for this and the past 3 offseasons and finally it looks like it will happen. Every QB we pass we show extreme interest in (Rivers EXTRA long talk, Ramsey offering the pick and Dinner with Henson, Talks with Ray). I am definitely liking this already.

Yes it is nice to hear that there is an apparent focus on the O. But after much talk about a new HC and GM that didn't work out, I am skeptical until it is a done deal. Getting a top notch QB will be difficult given the competition. I think Rick S has an opportunity to shine - or fall flat on his face. Lets hope he is able to bring some real talent to the team.

Re: Re: I am liking this offseason so far because...

Originally posted by jack

Yes it is nice to hear that there is an apparent focus on the O. But after much talk about a new HC and GM that didn't work out, I am skeptical until it is a done deal. Getting a top notch QB will be difficult given the competition. I think Rick S has an opportunity to shine - or fall flat on his face. Lets hope he is able to bring some real talent to the team.
I think it's more of a matter of picking the right top notch QB than whether we get any of them......

Just out of curiosity,...I take it you don't like wanny much and the way the whole GM search and retention of Wanny has played out I can understand why you would be skeptical of the FO, but are you skeptical of Rick as GM??? Do you think that he is actually in charge of personell?

Re: Re: Re: I am liking this offseason so far because...

Just out of curiosity,...I take it you don't like wanny much and the way the whole GM search and retention of Wanny has played out I can understand why you would be skeptical of the FO, but are you skeptical of Rick as GM??? Do you think that he is actually in charge of personell?

Its not that I don't like Wanny or Rick. Its more that expectations had been set after the 2002 season that Wanny was gone if the Fins didn't go deep into the play-offs in 2003. Yet out of the play-offs before the end of the season, and Wanny is still here.

There may not be a better alternative, but most fans expected him to be gone.

That is the point I was trying to make about the the optimism stated above that our focus is on a QB and the Offense.

In my opinion, most fans were surprised Wanny was retained (and Rick got the GM job) and my hopes are that there will not be more surprises during the Trade/FA/Draft process, especially in the QB, OL, and WR positions.

But,how do you feel about Rick Spielman becoming the GM? Do you have an opinion about that specificly?

Originally posted by inFINSible
But,how do you feel about Rick Spielman becoming the GM? Do you have an opinion about that specificly?

It's hard to tell yet. I believe it will be a good thing. It's too bad he wasn't the GM last year or we would have had Boldin instead of E. Moore and it could have been an entirely different season. Oh well, I think Spielman pushing for Boldin last year and Wanny opting for Moore might have been Wanny's reason for demotion and Spielman's reason for promotion.

Not to be a downer, but I am a little skeptical for a)the reasons mentioned above and b) I remember a lot of talk about Wayne Gandy and Oline last year all for NOTHING to happen then!

do u think if we get to the playoffs this upcoming season, will the fans will still be asking for his head? I hope with a new QB, Wanny will stop being so freakin conservative. I never watched the Bears game while he was the HC, but watching him here just makes me think he has no balls & will always be way too conservative for our own good.

I'm hoping that what some people see as conservative from DW, is really just a lack of trust in offensive personell.....I've seen Dave make some real gutsy calls, some worked (onsides against Detroit after our first score....up 14-0 before detroit had the ball)some blew up in his face (going for it on fourth down in buffalo).......but I don't think he's as conservative as some people think.

Back
Top Bottom