I am liking this offseason so far because... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am liking this offseason so far because...

Hopefully they will change the playoffs format this season like they had talked about last offseason. And add two more teams to the mix. Miami would have been in the last two years. It is just unfair that a team like the Ravens could have been 8-8 with a loss to Miami and still get in over Miami cause they had a weak division. It shouldnt matter about your division it should matter about record. I say get rid of the divisions all together and just keep the teams playing the same rivals twice a year. Just go by the AFC and NFC.

Originally posted by inFINSible
I'm hoping that what some people see as conservative from DW, is really just a lack of trust in offensive personell.....I've seen Dave make some real gutsy calls, some worked (onsides against Detroit after our first score....up 14-0 before detroit had the ball)some blew up in his face (going for it on fourth down in buffalo).......but I don't think he's as conservative as some people think.

Ditto, what people don't realize in the comfort of their living rooms is when you see your star back get met in the backfield so much, and the pressure on your QB doing a pass, you tend to think, I don't want these guys to lose it for us. With all his conservativeness, we go 10-6, had he open it up with BG at QB, and the way BG fumble everytime he got hit, we may have lose all those games. If the O gives him something to trust I'm sure he'll let them play. Dungy was the same way until he saw the Indy O. Boy does he let them play.

Originally posted by inFINSible
But,how do you feel about Rick Spielman becoming the GM? Do you have an opinion about that specificly?

Actually I don't. Over the past few years there were good moves and poor ones, and potential ones that never happened. Why I don't have an opinion about Rick is that there has been contradicting opinions on which side of the issue Rick was on and which side Dave was on, and if Dave over-ruled Rick on some decisions.

The real issue again is not Rick, but the fact that in the process of looking for a GM, Rick's interviews were thought of as a courtesy to him - with other candidates being much more qualified and more likely to be chosen. As with Wanny, when Rick was selected, I would guess that the vast majority of fans were surprised.

So as I said earlier, I hope we aren't surprised when the decisions are made to bring in offensive talent.

Why I don't have an opinion about Rick is that there has been contradicting opinions on which side of the issue Rick was on and which side Dave was on, and if Dave over-ruled Rick on some decisions.
hmmmm....Interesting.....thank you.

Back
Top Bottom