I do not trust this organization anymore | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I do not trust this organization anymore

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
That doesn't mean I don't love it... I just do not trust a single thing this organization says anymore. They have lied to us on numerous occasions.

First, it was publically known that before last season that Dave Wannstedt was on the "hot seat". Huizinga said anything less than a AFC Championship appearance would mean his firing. Well, what happened Wanye? The Dolphins go 10-6 and miss the playoffs for the second consecutive year, something that has not happened since the 80's in Miami. Were there any coaching changes? Pshh... if you count us losing the best offensive coordinator in the league and getting a new WR coach. WOW.

Second, Huizinga made it clear and pretty much thrashed Armando Salgeiro for asking if Dan Marino's job was a "figure head" position. With Marino resigning moments ago, it can only lead me to belive that it was. Dan never wanted this job. Huizinga probably pushed it on Dan to bring his name back to the organization to sell a few more seats.

If this team was really about winning, we would make some real moves. Not drafting defensively with our first pick when we have other MAJOR pressing needs, not signing defensive free-agents when our obvious faults are on the offensive side of the ball, not starting a sub-par QB for four years, and NOT giving an extension to a head coach who should be a defensive coordinator.

Grrrrrrrrr.

Been sayin the same thing for about a year now.

Wayne sells the seats whether or not they win the SB or go 10-6. The people may not cheer as loudly as some of us may like, but now I understand why the people in the seats don't cheer: There's no reason to.

This is one pathetic organization.

Good post. The moves made have not affected my support for this team, but they just keep on getting more questionable. I have pretty much lost all confidence in Wayne Huizenga.

Forget Wayne, I can't respect someone like that anymore.

I'll always love the team, but I'm really pissed at the orginization at the moment.

Originally posted by Semedi
Forget Wayne, I can't respect someone like that anymore.

I'll always love the team, but I'm really pissed at the orginization at the moment.

me too!
:mad:

Cmon now really

Do what did you guys really expect Dan Marino to do as the VP of Operations ....?

I had a feeling he was gonna walk, odly enough when I got up this morning I was think about the whole scenario and corporate politics.

I'm sure some of you have worked in coporate america and I'm sure alot of you have worked for someone who you knew, you had more knowledge and experience then they did. Well I've been in a situation where I knew more than my boss and he and the rest of management knew that I knew more than him. It was a great situation for me because he had no real authority over me becasue he depended on me to keep his job and if he had a suggestion I didn't necessary have to accept it or at the very least I had the leverage to question his judgement and it happened often.

I'm sure this isn't the same situation that would've taken place with Dan and Mainly Rick, but I'm sure If dan said "Hey Rick I think we should make a serious run at Rivers becasue he has a quick release and I have a gut feeling about him"

Rick would be like "ok Dan" (sarcasticly), I'll look into it and still draft or make a trade for who he thinks will best fit our situation..

why because he has the knowledge to make that call. I could forsee plenty of situations like that with both rick and dave just taking his suggestions as a formality because at the end of the day, Dan may be a future hof qb but he's green as hell as a vp. And whether a vp has true authority or not, If he's green and everyone else knows that, he won't have any real authority until he pays his dues. Which could take a few long fustrating years.

Bye Bye Danny see u next year on HBO...:lol:

I havent TRUSTED this org since WANNY became the captain of this F-ing SHIP!!:yell: :yell: :yell: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Be angry with Wayne of Wanny is you want, but unfortunately the one who really screwed the Dolphins is your hero and mine, Dan Marino.

Today the Pats are NFL champs, meanwhile the Dolphins just got punked by their greatest player ever. Tough times.

I don't think Dan's situation is as cut and dry and you make it sound. He was hired for his input to Wayne and Eddie. Wayne said "take it easy, no need for long hours". Dan saw that it would take long hours and therefore decided he wasn't prepared for the task.

If there's any fault, I think it's that Dan didn't realize how much work he thought the job would require even though he didn't need to do it all. It's like taking a part time job and then realize it will take full time to do it right, so you quit knowing you can't do it only part time.

Originally posted by Buffalo Sucks
Be angry with Wayne of Wanny is you want, but unfortunately the one who really screwed the Dolphins is your hero and mine, Dan Marino.

Today the Pats are NFL champs, meanwhile the Dolphins just got punked by their greatest player ever. Tough times.

You've got to be kidding...

You think Dan "punked" the Dolphins? Wake up. He prevented Wayne from "punking" him! Dan left with class and didn't trash talk the Dolphins on the way out. Stand up guy. I respect what he did.

Wayne H on the other hand can choke on a GD LOBSTERTAIL for all I care. He needs to sell sell sell....not tickets....the TEAM!

If Dan punked us, it's because he didn't fully inform himself of what the job entailed and foolishly accepted the post prematurely.

If Wayne punked us, it's because he wasn't straight with Dan on the details of the position.

Which actually happened? I don't know. Probably only the two people involved know.

Back
Top Bottom