I Dont understand why everybody worries about the O-Line...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Dont understand why everybody worries about the O-Line......

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Not once this offseason have i been worried about the O-Line....We dont have to have more than one allstar on the line.....I remember about 2 or 3 seasons ago we were shot at the O-line and we had some guys who i didnt have faith in or i thought would easily get manhandled (S.Folau, G.Jerman, S.Mckinney's Rookie yr) and we ended up making the Playoffs that year not to mention S.Folau went on to be a starter for N.Orleans.... I think even with the loss of Dixon this season, we're still better off than we were that year.......and We have a great RB in Ricky Williams and he is one of those great Backs that can create his own holes....all you have to do is put 5 guys in front of him to help him out a little, and what i mean by a little i mean just a couple of seconds and hes gone......O-Line is not my concern nor has it ever been this offseason....sure nobody wants to lose any O-Lineman and i agree we would be better of with Dixon in there, but its not a big loss or concern if you ask me.

just my 2 cents.:eat:

Im with you I thought Folau was a starter as well but one of the other guys said he was backing up. Way to early to panic. Derek Rodgers spent quite a bit of Team in the eagles backfield last night where did that come from?

Agree PRE. RW is a monster runner who doesn't need much room to burst through the holes. The O-line just needs to focus on keepin people off of Fiedler, IMO.

You have a bad memory.

Seth Mckinney's rookie year was last year.

And that's the least of the problems with your observation.

Don't mind me. I'm just a pissed fan that's boiling right now.

Someone just shoot me.

Everyone should be worried about their OL. The NFl in the past few years have seen more qb turnovers due to injuries than in the 80's and 90's. Unless you have a proven back-up qb, everyone should worry.

No smack intended but realize what the fins are up against....

If the fins have a disappointing season, you will be looking to find a new head coach next year and practically (rebuild) have to learn a new system unless Norv becomes your HC.

You won't have a lot of cap to build upon while the rest of the AFCE will (Except Pats but Bellichick isn't going anywhere).

RW is a great RB, no doubt but do you guys remember what happened last year?NO 1 rb in the league and nothing to show for it as a team . Bills, Pats and Jets will prepare against him which means he may not have the same success he had last year especially if you don't have a dominating OL.

If your OL is weak, Fiedler could be in trouble and Griese hasn't gotten a grasp of the system , hence your team could end up w/ another underachieving year.

Your OL 2-3 years ago didn't have to face a faster D like the Pats have. Remeber guys, we are in a division where one game difference meant making the playoffs or not.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Not once this offseason have i been worried about the O-Line....We dont have to have more than one allstar on the line.....I remember about 2 or 3 seasons ago we were shot at the O-line and we had some guys who i didnt have faith in or i thought would easily get manhandled (S.Folau, G.Jerman, S.Mckinney's Rookie yr) and we ended up making the Playoffs that year not to mention S.Folau went on to be a starter for N.Orleans.... I think even with the loss of Dixon this season, we're still better off than we were that year.......and We have a great RB in Ricky Williams and he is one of those great Backs that can create his own holes....all you have to do is put 5 guys in front of him to help him out a little, and what i mean by a little i mean just a couple of seconds and hes gone......O-Line is not my concern nor has it ever been this offseason....sure nobody wants to lose any O-Lineman and i agree we would be better of with Dixon in there, but its not a big loss or concern if you ask me.

just my 2 cents.:eat:

Great...but what about the passing game? Weaken the O-line and you can say goodbye to Randy McMichael as a threat because he's going to be hanging back picking up the pass rush all season. And God forbid Chris or Darrius are covered because Jay isn't going to have time to check down to #3 or #4. Oh, and if/when the rookie completely blows a blitz(he will...he's a rookie), and Jay gets knocked out for a few games, will you still not be worrying about the O-line? If all you're going to look at is the bright side of things I'm not surprised you don't worry.

Last season Miami had trouble throwing the ball deep. The coaches even admitted that this was the primary problem with the long passing game. You can't just look at the rush yards and sacks and assume everything is fine. If Miami is going to take the next step then they must improve the long passing game (and the road defense). Having enough time for long patterns to develop is key. I'm not saying we're doomed. All I'm saying is that the O-Line is one of the question marks facing this team.

Unless you have a proven back-up qb, everyone should worry.

How many games has Griese started ? A lot more than Van Pelt...
Griese is what i call proven..He's started most games for Denver since Elway's retirement...
Being a former starter he's definately one of the best backup QB's in the league...
So as you're pointing out there is no need to worry Especially considering we've gone from Ray Ray to BG ;)

Until Griese learns how to run a system I'd hold off on the backup QB celebration.

We are talking about a guy who got WORSE as his career has gone on.

Originally posted by Pink_Dove

How many games has Griese started ? A lot more than Van Pelt...
Griese is what i call proven..He's started most games for Denver since Elway's retirement...
Being a former starter he's definately one of the best backup QB's in the league...
So as you're pointing out there is no need to worry Especially considering we've gone from Ray Ray to BG ;)

He's not proven in your system pink dove. That's what I mean . Were you happy with his preseason game?

Originally posted by justafan
Everyone should be worried about their OL. The NFl in the past few years have seen more qb turnovers due to injuries than in the 80's and 90's. Unless you have a proven back-up qb, everyone should worry.

No smack intended but realize what the fins are up against....

If the fins have a disappointing season, you will be looking to find a new head coach next year and practically (rebuild) have to learn a new system unless Norv becomes your HC.

You won't have a lot of cap to build upon while the rest of the AFCE will (Except Pats but Bellichick isn't going anywhere).

RW is a great RB, no doubt but do you guys remember what happened last year?NO 1 rb in the league and nothing to show for it as a team . Bills, Pats and Jets will prepare against him which means he may not have the same success he had last year especially if you don't have a dominating OL.

If your OL is weak, Fiedler could be in trouble and Griese hasn't gotten a grasp of the system , hence your team could end up w/ another underachieving year.

Your OL 2-3 years ago didn't have to face a faster D like the Pats have. Remeber guys, we are in a division where one game difference meant making the playoffs or not.

Did they not prepare for Ricky last year? Heh.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

Did they not prepare for Ricky last year? Heh.

Ron Edwards was a starting DT, and newman and robinson were our starting OLB's...you couldn't stop Cecil Collins with that trash

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

Ron Edwards was a starting DT, and newman and robinson were our starting OLB's...you couldn't stop Cecil Collins with that trash

:evil: Hey, you couldn't stop Cecil Collins with an open window either!!:evil:

Back
Top Bottom