I don't wanna be negative but we still have problems with the cap... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I don't wanna be negative but we still have problems with the cap...

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Some people here see that we "saved" 20 million bucks and think we'll have all that for free agency.Well, not so fast guys. We were at least 15 million over so the 20 million in cuts gets us to about 5 under. But then you have to add the contract for Feeley and Freeman and we're only at about 3 under, if that.Now keep on mind that we'll probably re-sign Wade and there goes most of the 3 million. Then we still need at least 2 or 3 million for the draft, specially if we do have 2 picks in round 1.

The good news is that we can still cut Jay but I'm not sure how much that's gonna save us.At the very best, I'm hoping that we can get 2 free agents(3 if we're lucky)and that's about it. I was hoping for Woody but I can now see that is going to be very hard to get him.

I'm not trying to be negative guys, but we should all be prepared for the fact that our cap numbers are not as friendly as they appear to be.Too bad we have so much money on Sam. I think he's a good player but he's not worth 8 million bucks a year. We could have a corner and a starting guard with that kind of money.

Ozzy rules!!

We havent restructured taylor or madison yet either and were not done cutting.

I agree but I think they said their taking a breather for a minute since they're now under.

They have mentioned surtain in contract restructuring so an extension would spread it out.

It would be a mistake to "restructure" Madison and Taylor. Madison must take a pay cut. Taylor has been "restructured" twice already.

Extending Surtain would be a better move

OH shut up Clumpy with your logic and sense. EVERYONE, do not rain on my parade. JAMAR FLETcHER IS GONE!!!!!:jumper: :dance: :party: :rockon: :band:

I think we'll sign two interior OL, Feeley (obviously) and then several players most people on this board have never heard of. Feeley and the two OL will be signed prior to the draft. The no-names will be signed before and after the draft. Then we will probably sign one more name who is salary cap casualty after June 1st. I don't know who this will be, but it'll be someone that we'll all say "who would have thought he would be available".

Originally posted by Samphin
OH shut up Clumpy with your logic and sense. EVERYONE, do not rain on my parade. JAMAR FLETcHER IS GONE!!!!!:jumper: :dance: :party: :rockon: :band:

well he was good for one thing... I was able to use him to trade for Aquan Boldin in Madden 2004 :goof: :goof: :goof:

i thought we were 7 - 9 million under.. after releasing marion, mcknight and dixon ... i know the restrictive free agent tenders will bring down the cap figure by 2.9 million.. and with the resigning of freeman and the trade for feeley.. we should be somewhere around 5 million under .. if we lose ogun we gain another 1.8 and the release of feidler will add 3.7 million after june 1st ... am i right clump

Im not sure we get the full 3.7 on fiedler, i thought like 2 mil but clumpy said he had fielders contract done wrong at first or something changed. still........2 mil is 2 mil. Im just glad mare restructured and we cut mcnight, marion, and interior line. Start over from scratch.

If we could just get madison to cut some serious cash. and dont worry about june time, there will be more cuts and rookies/young ones taking over ex: Korey Banks/Roundtree taking over Fletcher and Tbuck. We will have a new look team that is for sure.

i just read in the sun sentinel.. that miami will open up 12 million under the cap.. how they got that figure i don't know.. but hey!!! if they are right holy cow 12 million.. lets go shopping!!! lol!!!

Back
Top Bottom