I don't wanna be negative but we still have problems with the cap... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I don't wanna be negative but we still have problems with the cap...

Originally posted by DOLFAN91
i just read in the sun sentinel.. that miami will open up 12 million under the cap.. how they got that figure i don't know.. but hey!!! if they are right holy cow 12 million.. lets go shopping!!! lol!!!

you have a link ?

Noway we're gonna be 12 million under guys. That's wishful thinking. If we go into free agency at 6 miilion under, which we're not at this point, then I'll be happy cos we can get 2 free agents with that money. The reason I like Woody is cos he'd play guard but he can also play center in case Seth doesn't cut it, tho I think he'll be fine.The ideal would be to get Woody and one more guard and maybe a veteran QB as a back up. Then in the draft we can go WR,DT,S and DE.After that maybe a punter another o-lineman or even a QB late if we don't get one in free agency.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
It would be a mistake to "restructure" Madison and Taylor. Madison must take a pay cut. Taylor has been "restructured" twice already.

Extending Surtain would be a better move

My "sediments" exactly, particulary with madison. I don't think it smart either to keep restructuring the same players as that will only push more dead $$ into the future. All they're doing mostly on a restructure is converting more of the salary into bonus, thus spreading it out longer. Do that too much and i'd think you'd risk a bigger cap hit should you have to cut the player next yr or so.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
This stuff ain't brain surgery :shakeno:

yeah but are you (the king of cap) on top of it all? cus none of us has a clue.

ummmmmm there is one thing i see in all of this and that is i dont think Ogun will be back. i dont see how. we want wade to sign and if he doesnt, that leaves us with 2 legit linemen, 3 if you count Yates. Not gonna happen there.

I think we will be drafting linemen as well this year.

so its Wade or Ogun which means draft picks. i dont see how we could get Woody/Villareal (hypothetically), and sign Wade and Fiedler unless we had 12 mil under. that is taking into account other moves we will probably make.

Well, where does this cap increase to 80.5 Mil come in? If we're around 67.5-68.5, that would put us around 12 Mil under.

Back
Top Bottom