I got warning points for this? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I got warning points for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
byroan said:
No you didn't. Try actually reading your warning logs. :shakeno:

Haha yeah and the reason I got warned was even dumber than what I thought it was for

Seriously mods dont rule the earth, if someone has a problem with what someone said, they can click the report post button, you seriously need to be giving a little more room for error on this

Section126 said:
I didn't do anything. Control what? I quit the PoFo for almost a year once ....I'll just ban myself for 30 days from the PoFo if I want.

I am just saying that the PoFo shouldn't be a place where people are "controlled".

Not necessary.
If you and Press concede this duel you're having, and put down your swords...so will we :wink:

Alex22 said:
Haha yeah and the reason I got warned was even dumber than what I thought it was for

Seriously mods dont rule the earth, if someone has a problem with what someone said, they can click the report post button, you seriously need to be giving a little more room for error on this

We don't rule he earth, but we do rule this little corner of it.
You don't consider calling someone an idiot a good reason to be warned?

Alex22 said:

People do report the posts, then we take action. Thus the reason people receive warning points. Where have any of us claimed to rule the earth? We do rule this website however and expect members to follow the guidelines we put down.

Section126 said:
I didn't do anything. Control what? I quit the PoFo for almost a year once ....I'll just ban myself for 30 days from the PoFo if I want.

I am just saying that the PoFo shouldn't be a place where people are "controlled".
good God man, just don't attack or ridicule somebody else for their opinions....debate and argue but, don't make personal observations ABOUT THE PERSON YOU'RE DEBATING.

Is there some reason you can't get this simple concept through your head?

byroan said:
People do report the posts, then we take action. Thus the reason people receive warning points. Where have any of us claimed to rule the earth? We do rule this website however and expect members to follow the guidelines we put down.

The only way you should take action is if someone reports it, just because a mod see's something that LOOKS offensive doesnt mean that they should act if it didnt actually bother the person

Wharfrat thats not the one im talking about, I did deserve the warning for that

inFINSible said:
good God man, just don't attack or ridicule somebody else for their opinions....debate and argue but, don't make personal observations ABOUT THE PERSON YOU'RE DEBATING.
Is there some reason you can't get this simple concept through your head?

Yes. I didn't do any of that.

As for "personal observations about the person you are debating."...that goes on in every thread in the PoFo.

This is about a personal attack that didn't occur.

Section126 said:

As for "personal observations about the person you are debating."...that goes on in every thread in the PoFo.

not anymore, not unless it is civil.

Alex22 said:
The only way you should take action is if someone reports it, just because a mod see's something that LOOKS offensive doesnt mean that they should act if it didnt actually bother the person
ummm ... no. If it breaks TOS that's when we should take action. Not just when someone reports it.
If a cop sees someone steal something, should he not arrest him simply because nobody reported it?

Section126 said:

It didn't occur??

This is what you said ABOUT another poster....

Section126 said:
Nevermind that....he's now 15 and has some type of "opinion".

It looks to me like your post is rude, antagonistic, dismissive, and discriminatory against him, his opinion, and his age. No where do I see anything about his POST....just an observation ABOUT HIM....Which is a VIOLATION of the TOS.

Yes, there has been a crackdown and yes it may be a borderline infraction but, you were WARNED about the crackdown and it IS a personal attack.

Am I making this clear enough because I can draw pictures pretty well if that would help you to understand better.

The points will NOT be taken away until thirty days have passed.

inFINSible said:
It didn't occur??

This is what you said ABOUT another poster....

It looks to me like your post is rude, antagonistic, dismissive, and discriminatory against him, his opinion, and his age. No where do I see anything about his POST....just an observation ABOUT HIM....Which is a VIOLATION of the TOS.

Yes, there has been a crackdown and yes it may be a borderline infraction but, you were WARNED about the crackdown and it IS a personal attack.

Am I making this clear enough because I can draw pictures pretty well if that would help you to understand better.

The points will NOT be taken away until thirty days have passed.

Infins.......that comment was in response to this:

The poster I "offended" made a statement....

Then another poster made this comment:

Well, you were certainly a precocious nine year old when you formed that opinion.

Then I made my comment to the poster that made the post above with the quote above in quotations....

Nevermind that....he's now 15 and has some type of "opinion".

BOOM...I get warning points.

Borderline Infraction? You betcha...and that comment by you is good enough for me.

Section126 said:
Infins.......that comment was in response to this:

The poster I "offended" made a statement....

Then another poster made this comment:

Then I made my comment to the poster that made the post above with the quote above in quotations....

BOOM...I get warning points.

Borderline Infraction? You betcha...and that comment by you is good enough for me.

Link to the actual thread that this is about....I'll let it speak for itself.

unless....you want me to go through it post by post and see exactly how many times you violated the TOS.

I love this site and do read the Po/Fo all the time,but I seldom post in it because almost always someone(s) will attack the poster(s) and the post.......very mature.Arguing and debating is fine,"poster assassination" is not.JMO

Not you 126,just making a statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom