I have a question for those who watched on TV | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I have a question for those who watched on TV

Originally posted by Rrodr038
I lost my voice too... I spent the whole game yelling at a bills fan directly in front of me who before the game said that Moulds was going have a monster game and that ricky was going to be shut down by TKO.

There were a few Billy Fans in our section but they were very humble! We made sure by screaming Buffalo sux, every single time they even made a flinch like they were going to stand up.

:lol:

Its awesome to see the team revel in the home crowd like that. Notice I said "Zach was the heart of our defense"

I think he's been replaced and its a testament to how much more enthusiasm he needs to show out there that a newcomer can accomplish that so quickly...

zach may not be that kind of leader. when armstrong was here, this D seemed more solid. less likely to breakdown under adversity. i think seau brings back that kinda leadership only with MEGA emotion and intensity!

this is not a rap on zach at all. there are many kinds of leaders and all are needed to be successful.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Its awesome to see the team revel in the home crowd like that. Notice I said "Zach was the heart of our defense"

I think he's been replaced and its a testament to how much more enthusiasm he needs to show out there that a newcomer can accomplish that so quickly...

I think you may be onto something! Zach sure is an awesome Lb, but I've always thought he needed someone to follow. He is just not vocal enough to lead.

Zach's a great player but he doesn't realize that being a leader is not just about letting your production speak for itself. Thats how you endear yourself to the fans. Once you do that, at least on defense, you can take advantage of your connection with the fans by pumping them up and stuff.

Junior Seau can only get the crowd goin because he's Junior Seau and Miami just loves the fact that he's here. Buffalo feels the same way about Takeo Spikes. Zach Thomas lets his play do the talking.

I think there was a pretty accurate allegory of all this in the movie Gladiator. Right now Ricky is searching for how to become a leader. His game play endears himself to the fans. But being a leader is not just about that, it is about managing the emotional highs and lows using your connection with the crowd and with the other players.

Back
Top Bottom