I have a question. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I have a question.

And BTW, no way is Turk a better punter than Moorman. Anyone who watched him punt knows this. He's done alot more than punt for the Bills.

Crisis said:
Sorry to confuse you with facts.

you immediately lose a debate when you say things like this... because your unobjective, poorly thought out comparisons are hardly facts...

regardless, your special teams are not better... nor are your linebackers, running backs, o-line or coaching staff...

time to take off the blue and red-tinted glasses and find some objectivity ... and that's a fact..

Crisis said:
"Big name" receivers mean nothing. It's about production.

Chambers might be loaded with talent, but he's under-achieved his WHOLE career. He's been out-performed every year by an aging Moulds.

Booker is a much worse version of Moulds. He has been decent since his one pro-bowl year with Chicago. I'd take Evans over Booker ANY day of the week.

Boston is washed up. You all hyped him up last year and look what happened to him then. The guy is a complete ******* off the field as well, ask any Charger fan. When was the last time Boston had a productive year?

The Bills have the best special teams unit in the league. When a special teams unit can score 6 TDs in a year, you're doing something right.

BTW, Jamar Martin is a FB for the Phins. That's why Shelton is there. Shelton was a great find by TD and had a great year last year. Edwards came on last year at DT, remember Pat Williams was a back-up to Ted Washington for years before he came in (Bills ran a 3-4 back then).

LB is not a push. Rookies as depth? That's a reach. Especially someone whose been injured as much as Crowder has. Spikes is an all-pro LB, Fletcher is a good LB, ask the Rams how much they miss him, and Posey has been solid. (although he's underachieved on expectations)

Spragan is solid, Zach is a good LB (IMO being considered a great LB means you can do more than stop the run), and Seau used to be an all-pro. He's a shell of his former self.

Bostons 26, theres no way a man can be washed up at the age of 26. Chambers has underacheived, but hes still better then Evans and the rest. Don't get me started on where or not bookers better then roscoe parrish. The dolphins have better receivers.

You're right linebacker is not a push, Its Miami. Thomas is an All-pro. Seau Is a hall of famer. And Spragan suffers from being a late bloomer, but he was more then solid with the broncos last year. You throw in the fact that Crowder could very well be a great player, its got to be Miami.

I look at it this way, and there was a bills fan on here a day or two ago that completely agree'd with me. Bledsoe led you guys through that push at the end of the season that almost put the bills in the playoffs. And just like that, the bills let him go. I don't see that happening with Losman. It took courage and leadership to do what bledsoe did, Losman won't have either of those for a few years, if at all.

PressCoverage said:
you immediately lose a debate when you say things like this... because your unobjective, poorly thought out comparisons are hardly facts...

regardless, your special teams are not better... nor are your linebackers, running backs, o-line or coaching staff...

time to take off the blue and red-tinted glasses and find some objectivity ... and that's a fact..

Yeah, a ST unit that scores 6 TDs (one even a KR over 100 yards AGAINST the "superior" Dolphin special teams) is real bad.

Spikes and Fletcher over Thomas and Seau. Posey and Spragan push.

RB is close, it all depends if Ricky gets back in shape. Ronnie has taken no snaps in the NFL, and if McGahee gets back to 100% and re-gains his college speed hes easily a top-5 talent.

OL is tallest midget like I said.

I've already explained coaching. A rookie HC has an advantage over no one before his first year.

Crisis said:

Chambers might be loaded with talent, but he's under-achieved his WHOLE career. He's been out-performed every year by an aging Moulds.

Booker is a much worse version of Moulds. He has been decent since his one pro-bowl year with Chicago. I'd take Evans over Booker ANY day of the week.

Boston is washed up. You all hyped him up last year and look what happened to him then. The guy is a complete ******* off the field as well, ask any Charger fan. When was the last time Boston had a productive year?

The Bills have the best special teams unit in the league. When a special teams unit can score 6 TDs in a year, you're doing something right.

BTW, Jamar Martin is a FB for the Phins. That's why Shelton is there. Shelton was a great find by TD and had a great year last year. Edwards came on last year at DT, remember Pat Williams was a back-up to Ted Washington for years before he came in (Bills ran a 3-4 back then).

LB is not a push. Rookies as depth? That's a reach. Especially someone whose been injured as much as Crowder has. Spikes is an all-pro LB, Fletcher is a good LB, ask the Rams how much they miss him, and Posey has been solid. (although he's underachieved on expectations)

Spragan is solid, Zach is a good LB (IMO being considered a great LB means you can do more than stop the run), and Seau used to be an all-pro. He's a shell of his former self.
Player No Yds Avg Long TD
Chris Chambers 69 898 13.0 76 7
Eric Moulds 88 1043 11.9 49 5

Crisis said:

Enter Scott Linehan.

If he can be a pro-bowler in CHICAGO, then I'll take the chance on him.

If 26 is washed up, then I must be a dinosaur. Nothing you posted in this little mini-description poses much of an argument. He had an injury- did Willis not hurt his knee and come back strong? But yah.. Boston is not a team player.. Oh wait, is it not Willis that is refusing to attend mini-camps, much to the dismay of Mr. Mularkey? Hmm.. By the way, I would consider Boston's season in SD productive, considering the amount of games he played and the state of that team at the time.

Fine. Special Teams. Woooooo!! :sleep:

Jamar Martin is not our starting FB- Sammy Morris or Heath Evans. Wow, comparing FBs- now that is exciting. A complete wash. Do not even TRY to underestimate the loss of Pat Williams. I will admit that losing a guy like Surtain will hut the Fins because he was a cornerstone of our D- the same can be said for Williams. Definite downgrade, whether Edwards "came on last year" or not.

OK, so forget Crowder, lets talk Eddie Moore, Donnie Spragan, Derek Pope for depth.

Who are you trying to kid- Zach a good LB? He is a GREAT LB and a future hall of famer. Seau was having one of his best seasons statistically before being injured last year, and we certainly have the depth behind him should this occur again.

:)

Bledsoe led us to nothing last year. He was a liability, not an asset. During Buffalo's strecth at the end of the season here are Bledsoe's stats:

STL : 185 yds, 3 TDs 1 INT, FUMBLE
SEA : 275 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT
MIA : 277 yds, 4 TDs (his only real "great" game all year)
CLE : 100 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, FUMBLE
CIN : 183 yds, 1 TD, FUMBLE
SF : 172 yds, 1 TD
PITT : 189 yds, INT, 2 FUMBLES

Crisis said:
Yeah, a ST unit that scores 6 TDs (one even a KR over 100 yards AGAINST the "superior" Dolphin special teams) is real bad.

Spikes and Fletcher over Thomas and Seau. Posey and Spragan push.

RB is close, it all depends if Ricky gets back in shape. Ronnie has taken no snaps in the NFL, and if McGahee gets back to 100% and re-gains his college speed hes easily a top-5 talent.

OL is tallest midget like I said.

I've already explained coaching. A rookie HC has an advantage over no one before his first year.

FLETCHER OVER THOMAS? :rofl3:

PA-THE-TIC.

Spikes and Fletcher over Thomas and Seau

i think thats whats pissing me off here.
on the bills side, a great all-pro linebacker in Takeo Spikes. And an above average London fletcher. London Fletcher and Zach thomas are two very similar guys. they are both very short for there positions but have made a career out of it. about the only difference is the amount of pro bowls zachs been to. And seau is a Hall of Fame LB. Hes been to 13 Pro bowls. and was on his way to his 14th last season. (he was leading all OLB's in tackles in the league before he got injured)

Dolfan1000 said:
FLETCHER OVER THOMAS? :rofl3:

PA-THE-TIC.

Fletcher has out-performed Zach the last TWO years. Zach has more tackles than Fletcher, but Fletcher has more sacks.

Zach is a LB who can only stop the run. London isn't great in pass coverage either, but atleast he can rush the passer.

Stop over-rating Zach.

Chambers caught 20 less passes and still had 2 more tds and a high average per catch. I would love to see chamber with a good qb, but that would be too scary wouldnt it!!!!

Saban4prez said:
i think thats whats pissing me off here.
on the bills side, a great all-pro linebacker in Takeo Spikes. And an above average London fletcher. London Fletcher and Zach thomas are two very similar guys. they are both very short for there positions but have made a career out of it. about the only difference is the amount of pro bowls zachs been to. And seau is a Hall of Fame LB. Hes been to 13 Pro bowls. and was on his way to his 14th last season. (he was leading all OLB's in tackles in the league before he got injured)

Jerry Rice is a future hall of famer too. Doesn't mean hes better than an all-pro WR.

Zach Thomas' Stats:

2001 Miami Dolphins 15 154 94.0 60 3 2 51 25.5 34 1 2
2002 Miami Dolphins 16 156 101.0 55 0.5 1 7 7.0 7 0 2
2003 Miami Dolphins 15 152 84.0 68 1 3 21 7.0 19 0 6
2004 Miami Dolphins 13 145 85.0 60 2 0 0 0.0 0 0 4

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4392

London Fletcher's Stats:

2001 St. Louis Rams 16 116 89.0 27 4.5 2 18 9.0 18 0 3
2002 Buffalo Bills 16 147 97.0 50 3 0 0 0.0 0 0 2
2003 Buffalo Bills 16 133 96.0 37 2 0 0 0.0 0 0 4
2004 Buffalo Bills 16 142 92.0 50 3.5 0 0 0.0 0 0 3

More tackles for Zach in fewer games played.

Ark139954 said:
Chambers caught 20 less passes and still had 2 more tds and a high average per catch. I would love to see chamber with a good qb, but that would be too scary wouldnt it!!!!

That's because the Bills actually had a running game last year.

Moulds has had stability at QB?

He's had Flutie/Johnson/Van Pelt/Bledsoe

Umm.. we have a D-LINE for Sacks.

Zach is a tackling machine.

Stop over-rating Fletcher.

Back
Top Bottom