i havent seen much on this: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

i havent seen much on this:

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
and that is that norv turner was terrible yesterday. he hasnt been very good at all lately aside from the bad line play and WR's. his playcalling leaves alot to be desired. i do give credit for the line play but where has the use of mcnight/newson/lee been? these guys have contributed these past few weeks but we get away from it. i thought konrad was excellent yesterday but norv should have used him more in the passing game and also that ricky should be used over the middle on passes alot now to change things up. this is not rocket science.

Excuse me for pointing this out.....

But it seems you have been oblivious to what this offense has faced and what they attempted to do about it yesterday.

If your advice had been used we would have seen at least two more fumbles in the backfield.

The only attribute the offensive line can claim about the game yesterday is that when they got some help they didn't foul it up.

But your post points out one other thing.......

You don't realize where the help came from.

No smack here. Just the facts.

Originally posted by ZOD
Excuse me for pointing this out.....

But it seems you have been oblivious to what this offense has faced and what they attempted to do about it yesterday.

If your advice had been used we would have seen at least two more fumbles in the backfield.

The only attribute the offensive line can claim about the game yesterday is that when they got some help they didn't foul it up.

But your post points out one other thing.......

You don't realize where the help came from.

No smack here. Just the facts.

thanks for giving me gobbledee gook without the facts. which means that your reply means nothing. what help? how bout an end around? how bout going back to what worked with konrad a couple more times? how bout some imagination especially when you call five time outs and have fifteen commercial times to figure it out!

Oh and how long did it take norv to figure out that the safeties were making all the plays? what does that tell ya? an end around would have put a serious damper on that.

It's really not worth it.....

Last edited by a moderator:
You're both right...why the fighting ?

every play can't work like they were supposed to...

they gave a maximum protection to the oline and the reason the Konrad or anyone else plays work is because they tought they would stay in protection. If you run these plays all night long it won't work.

That's like chess. You prepare your big play by making a few moves...

Yeah if we were to use Konrad more often he might be thought of as a "weapon" and we wouldn't want that now would we? I understand the point about them helping out in the backfield due to the line's lackluster performance over the past few weeks. I also understand it is due to that use of him that he is able to float out into the flat virtually unnoticed and pick up nice chunkcs of yards.

However, why not keep going to it until the well is dry. If they slap a Linebacker to follow him around that just means one less guy in the box and one less guy in the middle to cover Randy McMicheal and our other recievers over the middle. I agree that Norv's playcalling leaves something to be desired.

Originally posted by finfan54
Oh and how long did it take norv to figure out that the safeties were making all the plays? what does that tell ya? an end around would have put a serious damper on that.

Okay, I've done some work here I hope you can appreciate. :)

If the defense was honoring their responsibilities because the Dolphins offense could do their jobs the play would work similar to THIS

But the defense has not been honoring their responsibilities so the offense has had trouble blocking THIS

That is why I think the reverse you have been calling for would end up looking like THIS

I believe the end result of that play against defense such as Indianapolis, Tennessee, and Baltimore would have You and Norv feeling like THIS

Last edited by a moderator:
bottom line: everyone can be better. fans, coaches, players.

impressive NOD! you get the computer man of the year award!;)

but an end around would have worked i hate to tell ya and it was proven against the NY Giants. The blocking was fine to a point. But i am not focusing on just an end around. im focusing on not givng the ball to ricky 36 times a game doing the same damn play on first down over and over and over again.

im focusing on not givng the ball to ricky 36 times a game doing the same damn play on first down over and over and over again.

Are you talking about the one where he goes straight up the middle for a loss ?

I'm trying to remember other plays but I can't.
;)

im focusing on not givng the ball to ricky 36 times a game doing the same damn play on first down over and over and over again.

Well if you are focusing on that then.....

1.The QB has to throw the ball.

2.The offensive line has to be able to pass block.

3.The receivers have to be able to make a play on the ball in one on one coverage.

There in lies your solution.

It's not the play calling.

Good work Zod. I expect nothing less from the Ruler of the Universe. Although you do remind me of Mick Fleetwood circa 1977.

Originally posted by ZOD

Well if you are focusing on that then.....

1.The QB has to throw the ball.

2.The offensive line has to be able to pass block.

3.The receivers have to be able to make a play on the ball in one on one coverage.

There in lies your solution.

It's not the play calling.

cmon zod. if you watched the game you saw konrad was not even being covered. you saw ricky getting tackled again and again by safeties. they played as conservatively as possible and you know it. it stinks. you cant tell me that mcmicheal or don lee even coulndt have gotten open for a quick toss for an easy five yards on first down. our line is not that bad. you cant tell me that im blowin smoke up anyones butt here. it was obvious we were making plays and then we were obviously bland on purpose for the sake of running out the clock. screen passes would have worked all day with konrad. why not use what works again? norv didnt do that. it stinks.

Back
Top Bottom