I just saw a crazy mock trade plus a mock that has Cutler going 3rd.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I just saw a crazy mock trade plus a mock that has Cutler going 3rd..

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I was bored and looking at some mocks and what do I see...NO taking Cutler at #3 in a mock draft.Then I see one that has us trading with SF....it'd be our 1st this year(15)and our 2nd next year plus Ricky Williams and then us drafting Leinart.I guess is that time of the year where everyone will come up with some crazy stuff...must be all the drinking over the hollidays.... :sidelol:

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

One year shouldnt make you move up into the top 5 I dont care who you are. The proven players, the ones who show improvement every year should be top 5.

kastofsna120 said:
cutler could easily end up being top 5
what do you think of that trade tho?And Cutler going 5...after what happen with Rivers anything is posible I guess.

Ozzy rules!! :rockon: :guitar:

FuturePhin said:
One year shouldnt make you move up into the top 5 I dont care who you are. The proven players, the ones who show improvement every year should be top 5.

Well it happens... phillip rivers was projected third rounder. Ronnie brown wasn't suppose to go top 20.

if this cutler guy is so great then why don't you people think he will be in the top 10 in the draft? :confused:

the trade wont happen

when you are as bad as the niners you need more than a #15 pick can offer

But that assumes two things:

1- That the player was on everybody's radar prominently enough earlier to have been rated higher, and more importantly...

2- That the initial lower ranking of a player were correct to begin with.

See what I'm saying? The only thing that matters is where the exact right place to rank him is... it doesn't matter how he gets there.

And since this isn't an exact science, people are completely misranked all the time. No one can know... hell, we may have picked up our LT of the future at the end of day two last year.

So someone shooting up the boards doesn't automatically mean he's overrated... it could mean he was ranked too low to begin with.

Lazy1 said:
Well it happens... phillip rivers was projected third rounder. Ronnie brown wasn't suppose to go top 20.

Yeah, every year people move up a lot. I would say it is rarer for a consistant player to go top 5 then a player with an outstanding year and combine. People move up from the second into the first every year just from the combine alone.

Lazy1 said:

All because of a good workout. Give me a break. It should be proof is on the field! No such thing as combine imo. Game tapes is all they should need.

FuturePhin said:
All because of a good workout. Give me a break. It should be proof is on the field! No such thing as combine imo. Game tapes is all they should need.

It should be all they need but unfortunatly the combine is big

Anquan Boldin had his stock drop because he ran a terrible 40

I wish they looked at who performed best rather than who ran fastest and crap

The combine may not sound fair to some people but it is what it is....lets just trust Saban to do the right thing.He'll get the right players guys.

Ozzy rules!! :rockon: :guitar:

Danny said:
I was bored and looking at some mocks and what do I see...NO taking Cutler at #3 in a mock draft.Then I see one that has us trading with SF....it'd be our 1st this year(15)and our 2nd next year plus Ricky Williams and then us drafting Leinart.I guess is that time of the year where everyone will come up with some crazy stuff...must be all the drinking over the hollidays.... :sidelol:

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

lol. I'd love to see that happen.
:lol:

Are you referring to Rivers? If so, you're wrong. He was shooting up draft boards all his senior year. His phenomenal performance in the Senior Bowl shot him up into Round One, at least. The fact that he was confident enough to show up at the event that the other name quarterbacks (manning, big ben) skipped and then impressed the heck out of everybody pushed him up further.

Lets be realistic. Saban drafted players that he either coached or played agaisnt. Who are the standout players from the SEC and their opponents? Those are the guys we'll probably end up with in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom