I like ronnie brown but besides Chris Johnson.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like ronnie brown but besides Chris Johnson....

BGtoKNfor6

Where is the reset button?
Reaction score
What other runningbacks in the NFL score on that run from the 1 yard line? That score would have been HUGE. We have seen similar plays from RB over the years where he gets taken down from behind by a safety or cannot bust the big td. I know it is a beaten up tired argument but still. Ronnie has to take those to the house IMO but you cannot really knock him if he isn't fast enough...which he isn't. Ricky may have actually been able to take it to the house.

Just sayin...Oh well...

I believe Ronnie ran a 4.45 40-yd dash at the combine several years ago. He's got darn good speed for a 230lb RB. But most DBs run faster than that -- if they cant, they're too slow to play DB.

Sure, there are a good handful of backs who score on that run. Some who arent even starters. But, all around, Ronnie Brown is an outstanding football player.

That was a great run, BUT many backs would have scored or ATTEMPTED to score there. Ronnie got tired or didn't believe he could score. Hell if that was me I cut back because NO ONE was on the other side of the field. He had one guy to beat in williams, and he let williams use the sidelines to help take down brown. That would have blown it open. And ronnie would have had history.

Sure, there are a good handful of backs who score on that run. Some who arent even starters. But, all around, Ronnie Brown is an outstanding football player.

The "problem" is that this isn't an isolated case. It has been a recurring theme his entire career. It seems he has the ability to make the first guy miss but lacks the speed to take it to the house. Odd skill set. Usually the guys that can make the first guy miss, also have the ability to finish the run.

That was a great run, BUT many backs would have scored or ATTEMPTED to score there. Ronnie got tired or didn't believe he could score. Hell if that was me I cut back because NO ONE was on the other side of the field. He had one guy to beat in williams, and he let williams use the sidelines to help take down brown. That would have blown it open. And ronnie would have had history.

That was kind of what I was thinking. Ronnie did look like he gave up and really looking back on it, he either didn't see the guy or made absolutely no move to stiff arm the guy or juke him or high step or whatever...

there were backside players who were trailing Ronnie I'm not so sure he would have went all the way on a cutback, but it would have been nice to see him at least try.

Ricky couldn't make it 5 yards upfield in this game. He looked very slow compared to normal.

That run has been typical of Ronnie's career. He can make the first guy miss, but he doesn't have the breakaway speed to take it to the house.

What other runningbacks in the NFL score on that run from the 1 yard line? That score would have been HUGE. We have seen similar plays from RB over the years where he gets taken down from behind by a safety or cannot bust the big td. I know it is a beaten up tired argument but still. Ronnie has to take those to the house IMO but you cannot really knock him if he isn't fast enough...which he isn't. Ricky may have actually been able to take it to the house.

Just sayin...Oh well...
Ton's of them that's why it's only been done one time that i remember, and that was close to 30 years ago.

These kind of idiotic statements befuddle me.. Did you not see that angle that Safety had on Ronnie. I could your logic on all of AP runs today. Let me ask you who had the longest run from scrimmage today ??

Ton's of them that's why it's only been done one time that i remember, and that was close to 30 years ago.

It isn't a question of whether it is possible or not but rather given the fact that he had 1 person to beat, it should be feasible to deduce that quite a few NFL runningbacks in the league, given the same circumstances (gaping hole with nobody but a safety who runs across the field in chase) would have taken it all the way. Honestly, it was delivered to him on a silver platter.

Back
Top Bottom