I like ronnie brown but besides Chris Johnson.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like ronnie brown but besides Chris Johnson....

Ill take him consistently making the first guy miss(and the second...third...) over him having home run hitting ability once in awhile.

That was still a 50 yard run that got us out of a very bad position.

I like a guy that might be in the next draft named Joe Demps, seems like a better version of cj spiller imo.

These kind of idiotic statements befuddle me.. Did you not see that angle that Safety had on Ronnie. I could your logic on all of AP runs today. Let me ask you who had the longest run from scrimmage today ??

Again, it wasn't that he was tackled but to me the fact that he gave absolutely attempt to shake off the guy. Hell reach back and stiff arm the guy or something. The only reason that safety had that angle was because ronnie doesn't have break away speed. Period. If that was Chris Johnson (citing the best case scenario), it would have been a 99 yarder, no problem regardless if the safety had the best possible angle of all time.

It isn't a question of whether it is possible or not but rather given the fact that he had 1 person to beat, it should be feasible to deduce that quite a few NFL runningbacks in the league, given the same circumstances (gaping hole with nobody but a safety who runs across the field in chase) would have taken it all the way. Honestly, it was delivered to him on a silver platter.

Let's say you are correct that many other RBs would take it to the house. What is your point? What should the Dolphins do? Do you have a solution?

Amazing. There's always some douchebag who will still find a way to be negative about a 51 yard run from our own endzone.

Amazing. There's always some douchebag who will still find a way to be negative about a 51 yard run from our own endzone.

Orrr...there will always be someone who cannot entertain an intelligent conversation and try to flex their small e-penor...

Let's say you are correct that many other RBs would take it to the house. What is your point? What should the Dolphins do? Do you have a solution?

Umm the fact that RB has never been able to break the big one and maybe we should look towards the draft next year to bring our future runningback considering RW is not young for a rb and RB may not be worth big bucks.

Not that big a deal. Safety had an angle on him. When he came into the NFL, Ronnie ran a really impressive 40. He's never really showed extreme breakaway speed during games. Maybe the injuries.

I understand the theme. Ronnie has had an inordinate number of opportunities in his career when the run immediately busted wide open, more due to circumstance than anything he did to create it.

He lacks the speed, instincts and ferocity to finish those plays. Seriously, did anyone think he would take it the distance? A one-on-one situation should produce more of a threat of avoidance from a top flight RB. I was hoping he'd slow somewhat then club the guy. It was like a monotone run, if anyone knows what I mean, virtually no way for the DB to miss.

Today was the first day I thought it was obvious we need better backs, more explosive. The OL was fantastic, particularly early. No way the entire game would unfold that way. I thought the Vikings began to squeeze us once they realized our backs weren't as quick as advertised.

I remember the Super Bowl wins. I'm trying to project us there, not to 9-7. It's ridiculous to assert nothing can be criticized, in such a huge win.

I'll take a RB that can consistently hit 3-5 yard runs (having to go through or over guys in the process), over a guy that can take it all the way from the one yard line (yet never get anything after first contact) any day. The former will get the job done on the goal line, in short yardage and can help eat up clock when needed, whereas the latter is a once in a season type play. In short, the former can help win games every week, whereas the other can maybe help win one game a year. I think Ronnie's speed is fine for the type of back he is. He's more of a power runner and I'm not sure there is any power runner in the league who will out run every guy on the field from the 1 yard line. Just my opinion.

I understand the theme. Ronnie has had an inordinate number of opportunities in his career when the run immediately busted wide open, more due to circumstance than anything he did to create it.

He lacks the speed, instincts and ferocity to finish those plays. Seriously, did anyone think he would take it the distance? A one-on-one situation should produce more of a threat of avoidance from a top flight RB. I was hoping he'd slow somewhat then club the guy. It was like a monotone run, if anyone knows what I mean, virtually no way for the DB to miss.

Today was the first day I thought it was obvious we need better backs, more explosive. The OL was fantastic, particularly early. No way the entire game would unfold that way. I thought the Vikings began to squeeze us once they realized our backs weren't as quick as advertised.

I remember the Super Bowl wins. I'm trying to project us there, not to 9-7. It's ridiculous to assert nothing can be criticized, in such a huge win.

Had almost the exact same reaction.

Ronnie just got over a FOOT INJURY from less than a year ago. I never expected him to be able to run a 4:40 at this point.

I remember Ronnie's first long run against the Panthers his rookie season. Similar to today's run. I expected his quick 40 time to result in a 90+ touchdown run. I realized that day, Ronnie lacked elite football speed as he pulled up lame.

Back
Top Bottom