I like this guy: Danny Sheridan of USA Today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like this guy: Danny Sheridan of USA Today

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
from http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/columnists/greg_cote/6557496.htm
'If the Dolphins went 0-4 [this preseason], barring any major injuries, it still wouldn't amount to a hill of beans,'' said Danny Sheridan in a cell-phone interview. Old friend Danny sets the USA Today betting line that launches a million NFL office pools. ``Anybody that says otherwise had better not be wagering on that.''

Sheridan makes Miami, right now, 13-1 to win the Super Bowl in a season of long odds due to parity at the top. He has Philadelphia and champion Tampa Bay tops at 8-1, with only 10-1 Oakland ahead of the Dolphins in the AFC.

''Not to knock what Jon Gruden did last year, but if Tampa Bay switched divisions with Miami, the Dolphins could cancel their weekly practices four times during the seasons against New Orleans and Carolina,'' Sheridan said. ``If they could switch with Jacksonville, Miami could cancel even more. Green Bay is a joke division, too. Think Miami could handle Detroit, Minnesota and Chicago? The Dolphins would have clear sailing in at least six divisions, maybe seven.''
sad, but true

Wow D-39 thanks for the link. I really like this guy too, he at least speaks it how he sees it.

This is what I've been saying, that it doesn't mean sh** that we are 0-2 right now. I said even if we go 0-4, it still doesn't mean sh**. The first test is against the Texans.

The part about the divisional play really rings true. We play in the toughest division in the league. Wouldn't it be nice to blow thru Detroit, Minny and Chicago?? How about Houston, Indy, and Tennessee?? The fact is, every divisional game here in the East is a dogfight.

only the AFC West can make a case for being as tough as the AFC East - they are both tough. Past AFCE and AFCW, there is always a gimme

I am glad that there are lots of people who feel this way about this division too. I like what the guy said about the "bruised" and beat-up part, whoever comes out on top. This is very real indeed.

Heck, even the NFC East. Washington?? Dallas?? Even the Giants look like azz right now with that offensive (adjective) line.

Yes, the AFC West is the only other toughie.

Yes, the AFC West is the only other toughie.

....and didn't Miami go 3-1 against that division last year? We could do well in that division also!

Not to disagree...

BUT...

As easy as GB's division is, didn't we lose to Minny and GB last year?

This guy is a crock.

...well, if we traded with Green Bay we wouldn't play them because they wouldn't be in the division. I know, I know...I'm just nit-picking but that's the point of this thread. We dominated Detroit and Chicago and should not have lost the Minn. game so the point still stands that in most any ther division the season would be much, MUCH easier for the Fins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Green Bay was a winable game. So was Minnesota. Heck, we were a Cris Carter dropped TD from winning.

Back
Top Bottom