Votes: 26 35.1%
  • no

Votes: 48 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

footballer

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
look, im not trying to start no isht, but if Vernon Davis is there at 16, do you want him?

I personally want safety Mike Huff, but realisticly know he shunt be there at 16...and yes, I know Davis wont be there either, but was wanting to gauge opinions on that position, and how an upgrade would fit...and for those who dont know about davis, google him..he's sick.

btw, i love McMike, but I'd draft the dude in a heartbeat.. ;)

Absolutely no way he will be at 16. But, if somehow he were, especially with our first wave of free agent signings, you would have to draft him just with him being BPA. It is a comparable argument to should we bring in TO even though we have Chambers, don't necessarily need to upgrade, but if you can, do it. I do think at the position, we need to decide soon whether or not Teyo Johnson is going to be our #2 TE or not, I think it is a position in which depth needs to be taken care of.

I say no.

That draft pick will be used for a position we are considered poor at to make it serviceable or even better.

Taking a TE and getting rid of McMike is pretty much taking a position we are strong at and making it a little stronger. Maybe.

no... im not gonna get an unproven tight end with a good combine over a top 10 or even top 5 TE in the league

No way he falls out of the top 10, but if so you definitely make the pick. McMike needs to step up anyway.

I think Vernom Davis will end up in Arizona -- Unless they go for a QB. Arizona needs a tight end, to fit with Edgerrin James, Fitzgerald, and Boldin. Vernom Davis can be that guy, but Arizona also needs a franchise QB.

A TE with 4.3 speed? You damn right you cant pass that up! If only to run an UNSTOPABLE 2 WR 2 TE formation

CC, McMike, Davis, Brown, Culpepper, and (dare I say it?) TO.....

Thats not Just the most talented offense in Phins History, It would be the most talented offense in the league, PERIOD. With Indy losing Edge, that line up would compare favorably to any other, hands down.

Heh, I guess one can dream...

I don't think anyone is saying draft him as the immediate replacement, or even a replacement to groom. I think what everyone is saying you can't pass up a guy with that talent if he falls to you. Remember when Randy Moss fell to the Vikings, they had Cris Carter and Jake Reed. They didn't need another WR, and I am sure they had more glaring needs, but Moss was too good to pass up. As would Vernon Davis would be if he fell to #16. Which he won't.

Tight End would be about 8th on our list of priorities...why mess with McMike when he gets it done and will be a great target for Culpepper? :confused:

you need to see him play....

MofoPhin said:
no... im not gonna get an unproven tight end with a good combine over a top 10 or even top 5 TE in the league

dude, ive seen every game of his ( i live in VA ) and can tell you honestly,

the combine scores only made him SICKER!!!!!

I'd get on the phones and see how much I could get in a trade, if Vernon Davis is the stud he is made out to be, surely some team in the 20s would give up multiple picks to move up and get him.

Critical draft rule: never blind yourself over a single player. Its about collective value over time.

There's NO WAY he'll be there at 16, but HYPOTHETICALLY, if he was....

HELL YES.

Anyone who talks to me knows I'm a huge advocate of taking the absolute best player available regardless of position.

Besides, you guys do realize that even though he has "TE" next to his name, Davis has the skill set of a dominant wide receiver?

He doesn't have to play on the line. We'd very easily be able to split him wide or in the slot and still have Randy McMichael on the field.
In fact, I believe he'd fit in PERFECTLY with our offense.

Randy's playing time would not be effected at all if we somehow got Vernon Davis.

Imagine on the field at one time:

Chambers, Booker, McMichael and Vernon Davis in the slot with Ronnie in the backfield and Daunte calling the shots.
:drool:

Thats the most absurd comment ive ever heard....
we are sitting upon a ageing defense and have major probs in the secondary & o-line and you are even considering drafting a tight end?

besides the fact that randy mcmicheal is one of the top 5 T.Es in the league

Like the old saying goes, if it aint broke, dont fix it =)

Back
Top Bottom